Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your Growth Path

GlenM March 20th, 2015

We are excited to announce the launch of the growth path early next week. I'm writing you now to give you a heads up and answer any questions you might have. Below please find a description of the growth path and a link to an image of the growth path. All feedback is welcome!

Growth Path Text:

Your Growth Path has 3 components: Connect, Grow, Practice

Connecting with kind, genuine, and caring people is very important. (+)
--We all need authentic human connection to grow. It is like sunlight for plants. You can connect in one on one chats with listeners or through group support chat. Think of connecting as a way to fill up your emotional gas tank. Stress lowers our tank. When we talk to a listener, we get our tank filled back up.

Learning gives us a map that shows us where we are and where we want to go. (+)
--Without a map you can feel lost. Our free test and self-help guides will create a custom map for you. Right now you are at Point A and want to get to Point B. We will help you get there!

Practice provides easy to use skills to help us live a better life. (+)
--Life can be much easier if you have skills or techniques to help you cope. Most of these skills are very easy to master. We?ll start with the simple practice of gratitude or being thankful. Next, we?ll add mindfulness. As you grow, we?ll add more skills for you to master.

The best way to grow is to make it a habit. Each day you?ll have the opportunity to connect, learn, or practice. You can do one or more exercises. It is entirely up to you.

If you miss a day, or something comes up, don?t worry about it. There is no pressure here. Simply take the next easy step in your growth path to get back on track.

Start by taking our free emotional wellness test. It will teach you more about yourself and help us create a custom Growth Path just for you. It takes less than 3 minutes.

(Start)

----

Once you hit start, we'll then drop you on the free emotional wellness test. We'll also ask you to identifythe main issues you want to address. These issues correspond to our self-help guides. The path will have a variety of exercises including: chatting with a listener or group, reading a lesson in a self-help guide (all paths start with the acceptance and commitment therapy guide), gratitude journal entries, mindfulness exercises, or posting in the forum. We'll be adding more exercises, but believe we are off to a strong start.

Members and guests will have the option of sharing their growth plan with their listener. The listener will be able to see the last step, the current step, and the next step. Listeners, please read Laura's excellent post here.

The path is the same for everyone for the first 20 or so steps and then it diverges based on the issues you would like to address. For example, I might struggle with anxiety, so my path would work as outlined above, but then lesson 21 would start with lesson 1 of the anxiety help guide. We've made each step simple and easy to follow. As you make progress down your path, you'll have the option of retaking the emotional wellness test to track your progress.

Here is an image of what the growth path will look like:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zVFfJPZ/new

We are doing something quite beautiful together here. As always, I welcome your thoughts and feedback. Thank you!

kennethlewis April 1st, 2015

Knowing that another person is Getting it... It's so much about how wholesome the connection is ... I believe in energies and auras. That helps me connect

orangeShip242 May 29th, 2015

:/=-O:-\-_-||^ω^

Ragazza21 April 2nd, 2015

i want them to get it and be able to help. not just tell me they get it and everything will be ok

#)

nobody111111111 April 1st, 2015

Couldn't Help Someone today

:0.0......=-O:O= ̄ω ̄=

crossa7x April 1st, 2015

The best type of support is given by those who understand your situation

LouLou44 April 1st, 2015

Agreed! Or has been in the situation themselves

aquaRaspberries1459 April 1st, 2015

I agree... But not everyone gets it.

sterling56 April 1st, 2015

Listening with care★

Can we talk

scarletPal2365 April 2nd, 2015

Very few people understand or want to understand me and how I feel/act.

patientCherry4409 April 2nd, 2015

Trying to sleep is when the voices are at their loudest.

PureHeart17 April 2nd, 2015

Why is that so accurate!

lvsthearts April 2nd, 2015

I wish my friends actually cared.

I agree with you! I tell my friends how I feel and they don't understand because they have never felt it before. It really sucks!

songbirdflies April 2nd, 2015

Sometimes they care in strange ways. Maybe if you try to help them understand in a different way. We all care :)

I'm not sure if this person had ever had depression or anxiety but they were understanding and showed empathy. It's hard to find people like that. Theydidn't even know me and theyhad hope that I will get better and overcome this rough time in my life

JackySlo April 2nd, 2015

Its great when they respond quickly and you know they are their for you at that moment

Firestorm April 2nd, 2015

Why is it that I and people I love choose people who treat us like we're nothing?

LavenderLadyGreyTea April 2nd, 2015

We accept the love we think we deserve

Guyno1 April 2nd, 2015

Do you get the love you deserve

helpfulCoconut6154 April 2nd, 2015

The world is full of jerks, it is impossible to avoid them. but like my friend quoted from a song, "There are angels everywhere out on the street, holding out a hand to pull you back up on your feet." not everyone is bad, I am sure you will eventually find someone who really cares about you.

im going through this right now as well. It REALLY hurts. like terribly bad. i keep telling myself ill get over it and eventually i forget about it but i never fully get over it. It remains in the back of my mind and comes to the front when starting new relationships. and when you are treated like shit the second and third time etc. it just builds up and comes to the front of your mind again

angeldelight123 April 3rd, 2015

One day you'll find someone who makes you forget all about the past and focus on the future :)

TheoreticallyINTP April 3rd, 2015

Everyone we meet is meant to teach us something. If you feel that you continuouslyattract the wrongpeople, it may be time to consider some lifestyle changes in order to attract the type of peopleyou wish to be around (friends or dating)...Be the type of person you hope to attract.

palewolf1996 April 2nd, 2015

After having all contact cut off from me, I feel like im completely alone and that I cant trust anyone anymore

wwwace April 2nd, 2015

I have felt like that myself. But you have come to 7 cups which tells me you have your hand held out in hope I would like to be your friend and show you hope trust and a ray of light. I am an alchoholic and drank heavily for some 18 years I am now sober 25 years and reacently hit a low point in life. I spent 34 hours on the street. But thankfully I did not pick up a drink. Hang in there my friend. From a friend in Australia John

What are your interests? Keep yourself occupied with something you enjoy. OrVolunteer if you have time. Volunteering opens opportunities.

nina50 April 2nd, 2015

I'm like the turtle going in and out of his shell.....Some days are great while others are pure hell!!!!!

wwwace April 2nd, 2015

The not so bright days can make the better days seem so much better. If you dont put your head out you will not know what it is like outside. So each day put your head out. Go for a walk down the street and see how many smiles you can get. Dont worry about those who dont smile. The only differance between those who get 100 smiles and those who get none,,,,, those who got 100 met a lot more who did not smile. Sooooo Keep smiling. You may just make someones day who is down

mswarrior April 2nd, 2015

here we go

Patycake2015 April 2nd, 2015

Why is it that when you finally grow the courage to tell someone that you're in love with them, they start ignoring you like you're nothing...

That person may not be good for you. If you truly think you love that person,think about how much strongeryou'd feel with the love of the right person. Don't chase, wait, settle,orcompete for anyone's love. That won'tmake you feel goodabout yourself. Do what makes you happy, find and be comfortable being alone for a while, then find someone that stimulates your mind, makes you laugh, and feel comfortable and safe. You do not sound comfortable right now. Don't settle for one-sided love. One-sided love is weak.

i have been used and made to feel like nothing. it feels extremely shitty. I dont know why i chose to love people who dont give a shit about me. i know i deserve more but how do i get more.

Guyno1 April 2nd, 2015

Have partners used you then ,

what?

Everyone we meet is meant to teach us something. If you feel that you continuouslyattract the wrongpeople, it may be time to consider some lifestyle changes in order to attract the type of peopleyou wish to be around (friends or dating)...Be the type of person you hope to attract.

Ragazza21 April 3rd, 2015

i just dont agree. sometimes you can be the nicest person but people still walk all over you.

It's not about being nicer. It's about finding who you are and loving who you are. Whatever non-relationship things you're doing in your life may need some changing. What We Do Is Who We Are. So, if you do what you love, and you will learn to love yourself. It is not possible to give love if you do not have love for yourself first. In finding what you love to do, you'reloving what you do, therefore,you are loving yourself. Once you have love to share,you'll meet others that share your love (common love ofwhat you do, who you both are, who you both love). Try an interest profiler. O*Net has a pretty good one and it's free. Nothing worth doing is easy; but, you're worth it. So, if you're not happy, change what you do, explore, and you will find what you love (you).