Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your Growth Path

GlenM March 20th, 2015

We are excited to announce the launch of the growth path early next week. I'm writing you now to give you a heads up and answer any questions you might have. Below please find a description of the growth path and a link to an image of the growth path. All feedback is welcome!

Growth Path Text:

Your Growth Path has 3 components: Connect, Grow, Practice

Connecting with kind, genuine, and caring people is very important. (+)
--We all need authentic human connection to grow. It is like sunlight for plants. You can connect in one on one chats with listeners or through group support chat. Think of connecting as a way to fill up your emotional gas tank. Stress lowers our tank. When we talk to a listener, we get our tank filled back up.

Learning gives us a map that shows us where we are and where we want to go. (+)
--Without a map you can feel lost. Our free test and self-help guides will create a custom map for you. Right now you are at Point A and want to get to Point B. We will help you get there!

Practice provides easy to use skills to help us live a better life. (+)
--Life can be much easier if you have skills or techniques to help you cope. Most of these skills are very easy to master. We?ll start with the simple practice of gratitude or being thankful. Next, we?ll add mindfulness. As you grow, we?ll add more skills for you to master.

The best way to grow is to make it a habit. Each day you?ll have the opportunity to connect, learn, or practice. You can do one or more exercises. It is entirely up to you.

If you miss a day, or something comes up, don?t worry about it. There is no pressure here. Simply take the next easy step in your growth path to get back on track.

Start by taking our free emotional wellness test. It will teach you more about yourself and help us create a custom Growth Path just for you. It takes less than 3 minutes.

(Start)

----

Once you hit start, we'll then drop you on the free emotional wellness test. We'll also ask you to identifythe main issues you want to address. These issues correspond to our self-help guides. The path will have a variety of exercises including: chatting with a listener or group, reading a lesson in a self-help guide (all paths start with the acceptance and commitment therapy guide), gratitude journal entries, mindfulness exercises, or posting in the forum. We'll be adding more exercises, but believe we are off to a strong start.

Members and guests will have the option of sharing their growth plan with their listener. The listener will be able to see the last step, the current step, and the next step. Listeners, please read Laura's excellent post here.

The path is the same for everyone for the first 20 or so steps and then it diverges based on the issues you would like to address. For example, I might struggle with anxiety, so my path would work as outlined above, but then lesson 21 would start with lesson 1 of the anxiety help guide. We've made each step simple and easy to follow. As you make progress down your path, you'll have the option of retaking the emotional wellness test to track your progress.

Here is an image of what the growth path will look like:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zVFfJPZ/new

We are doing something quite beautiful together here. As always, I welcome your thoughts and feedback. Thank you!

AffyAvo March 23rd, 2015

I find I am 'stuck'. These were my options:

Write down 3 things you are thankful for in your Gratitude Journal.

? or ?

Share what you are thankful for with a listener or send 5 messages in group support.

I was in group support and sent quite a few messages. I still am at the same place. I do I get a group support message to register for this?

AffyAvo March 23rd, 2015

It worked with the listener, but I have tried a few times with group support chat and nada.

pixiekat10 March 23rd, 2015

To be honest, I just kind of been guided by the app and it brought me to my growth page. I'm new so I hope that helps.

Sherri S.

opalessence March 24th, 2015

Nice glennThanks

EleEtte March 24th, 2015

I'm so excited about this! I can't wait. I'm sort of new to 7cupsoftea. Although we have the "progress section" on here, I think the growth path would be a wonderful opportunity to 7cupsoftea community.

I know you stated it above that if we miss a few days or something of the sort, it's alright - just do the next easy step to get right back on track for the growth path,butsome people will take the growth pathvery, veryseriously as a way to grow and be better; and if they miss more than just a few days (maybe a week or two weeks, maybe even a month), they might think that they can't grow since they missed so many days. So maybe there could be something written somewhere that will calm this potential fear. Something along the lines of: "The growth path is here to help you grow whenever you are ready to grow. We all have our ups and downs and that's all apart of the process of growth. So if you miss a few days or more than a few days (weeks, months, years), it's quitealright. The growth path will still be here when you need it. Just follow the next step of the growth path from where you left off."

Some people might even start the growth path, then leave for awhile, and then return. So then the results from their emotional wellness test may not be valid anymore. So can they retake the test? Restart the growth path?

Snoopysdream36 March 24th, 2015

Wheres the test you speak of ive searched and cant find

EleEtte March 24th, 2015

It's the free emotional wellness test.

Snoopysdream36 March 24th, 2015

Wheres the test you speak of ive searched and cant find

neatMap5604 March 24th, 2015

I can't find any of the wellness tests or anything

EleEtte March 24th, 2015

So when you click the growth path icon on the top left of your dashboard, it'll go to a screen that will say that your growth path contains 3 parts to it. Then it will say: Start at the bottom right of that. When you click start, it should lead you to take the emotional wellness test.

Babygirl12 March 24th, 2015

Sounds awesome! I cant wait to start :)

neatMap5604 March 24th, 2015

Really cool

NativeElder March 24th, 2015

This is an excellent addition to helping us realize and work toward positive growth in our lives. This will help all of us take control of our own growth in many area! Way to go!

Bulletproofteens March 24th, 2015

I am just your average everyday teenage girl and to be honest,that is why I believe i will be good at this.

i have been through a lot, abuse, bullying, cyber bullying, self harm, attempted suicide, drug use, police involvement and relationship struggles.

I am currently going through a rough time and i believe i can use this to help others. Also i study A level psychology and sociology and im said to be an excellent listener.

politePenguin1904 March 24th, 2015

Not Sure yet.

TaylorLeigh March 25th, 2015

I enjoy listening to people, helping people.But more often than not people want advice. As long as you inform them that it is ultimately their decision and that they need to know that unless what is said is best for them and they acknowledge thatthen I do not see the problem with it. At times it seems more difficult and limited to reply to users when we are limited on what we can say. Any feedback on this?

hellokitty77 March 25th, 2015

After 7 cups of tea, I feel like a new kitty! Thanks everyone. You are all awesomesmiley

TheDepressedVirgin March 25th, 2015

Seems to not really be anything other than some points for no reason. The same way people will see how many friends they accumulate on Facebook and have followers on Twitter and Instagram.

kerrilane March 25th, 2015

I think this is a great idea! Often times, feeling better is only looked at temporarily, in the here and now. Having something to track is wonderful!

cheerfulPillow75 March 26th, 2015

I agree this is a good idea!

jade5064 March 28th, 2015

I also could not agree more!!!

toptom4321 March 25th, 2015

Should be interesting at the least, would be nice to see.

kittykat340 March 25th, 2015

I've reached my 50th level in this growth plan

tallSky000 March 26th, 2015

What is a growth path? It just automatically directed me to this thread when I clicked a thing about my growth path

Snoopysdream36 March 26th, 2015

So whatsthe point of all of thosseven cups of tea i dont eVenlike tea

Is this like talk therapy i don't believe in talking about my feelings because i don,t half the tiMeunderstand my feelings my mood chanceSmore then i blink in a day

faithfulPerson4993 March 26th, 2015

snoopy, i hear ya on that one! my mood changes all the time! welcome to 7 Cups of (yes) Tea! I hope that you will find talking with a listener or participating in group chats to be helpful. We also have loads of topics to talk about in the support forums! Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the site and I'll try to answer them for you. If I am unable, I'll try to find someone who can. Again, welcome! I hope that you enjoy your stay!

beansidhe March 26th, 2015

I love the addition of the growth path! I now do one little thing every day, sometimes a chat, sometimes a learning module, and tonight some mindfulness breathing. I love that it offers a choice of what you can do, and each one is short enough to not be too daunting to attempt. I look forward to checking in every day now,smiley thanks!!

HJaexx March 26th, 2015

What am I supposed to do here?

Morgandenine March 26th, 2015

I'm not sure what I should put here... I don't feel like talking.

LostGirl92 March 26th, 2015

I really like the Growth Path. such little steps can make a big difference. i may not be able to do anything else but i can do this and it gives me hope and something to look forward to and give me hope.

neatMap5604 March 27th, 2015

I'm really searching for something concrete to work on so I'm hoping there's a way to link into a page or stream from here. Any ideas?

Andys1994 March 27th, 2015

The emotional wellness test actually made me more panicky when I got the results back, I don't know what it was, maybe it was the way they were presented.

I love the growth path idea though, it helps organize people :)

Keep up the good work!

independentBunny9875 March 27th, 2015

How do you take it?

emotionalTriangle7309 March 27th, 2015

I am Irrelevent

How do I get to the growth path

Heavenandearth March 27th, 2015

I think it's that ?.?

MsBrittany March 27th, 2015

I feel worthless and I am wasting my life

LegendOfFrankie March 27th, 2015

Very nice and organized way to keep track of improvement. Great addition! :)

I'm still having a problem even finding where it is

AffyAvo March 27th, 2015

The tab is where dashboard used to be, to the left of conversations, support forum, etc.

After clicking on this tab I find it takes a few seconds to appear. It says My Growth Path, and there are two major options to select from for each step typically.