Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your Growth Path

GlenM March 20th, 2015

We are excited to announce the launch of the growth path early next week. I'm writing you now to give you a heads up and answer any questions you might have. Below please find a description of the growth path and a link to an image of the growth path. All feedback is welcome!

Growth Path Text:

Your Growth Path has 3 components: Connect, Grow, Practice

Connecting with kind, genuine, and caring people is very important. (+)
--We all need authentic human connection to grow. It is like sunlight for plants. You can connect in one on one chats with listeners or through group support chat. Think of connecting as a way to fill up your emotional gas tank. Stress lowers our tank. When we talk to a listener, we get our tank filled back up.

Learning gives us a map that shows us where we are and where we want to go. (+)
--Without a map you can feel lost. Our free test and self-help guides will create a custom map for you. Right now you are at Point A and want to get to Point B. We will help you get there!

Practice provides easy to use skills to help us live a better life. (+)
--Life can be much easier if you have skills or techniques to help you cope. Most of these skills are very easy to master. We?ll start with the simple practice of gratitude or being thankful. Next, we?ll add mindfulness. As you grow, we?ll add more skills for you to master.

The best way to grow is to make it a habit. Each day you?ll have the opportunity to connect, learn, or practice. You can do one or more exercises. It is entirely up to you.

If you miss a day, or something comes up, don?t worry about it. There is no pressure here. Simply take the next easy step in your growth path to get back on track.

Start by taking our free emotional wellness test. It will teach you more about yourself and help us create a custom Growth Path just for you. It takes less than 3 minutes.

(Start)

----

Once you hit start, we'll then drop you on the free emotional wellness test. We'll also ask you to identifythe main issues you want to address. These issues correspond to our self-help guides. The path will have a variety of exercises including: chatting with a listener or group, reading a lesson in a self-help guide (all paths start with the acceptance and commitment therapy guide), gratitude journal entries, mindfulness exercises, or posting in the forum. We'll be adding more exercises, but believe we are off to a strong start.

Members and guests will have the option of sharing their growth plan with their listener. The listener will be able to see the last step, the current step, and the next step. Listeners, please read Laura's excellent post here.

The path is the same for everyone for the first 20 or so steps and then it diverges based on the issues you would like to address. For example, I might struggle with anxiety, so my path would work as outlined above, but then lesson 21 would start with lesson 1 of the anxiety help guide. We've made each step simple and easy to follow. As you make progress down your path, you'll have the option of retaking the emotional wellness test to track your progress.

Here is an image of what the growth path will look like:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zVFfJPZ/new

We are doing something quite beautiful together here. As always, I welcome your thoughts and feedback. Thank you!

neonNorth19 March 20th, 2015

Great idea ! Thanks @GlenM for doing such wonderful things for the world. We all appreciate and love the efforts taken by 7cups. ❤

GlenM OP March 20th, 2015

Thanks @neonNorth19, love what we are all building here together :)

reliableMoon26 March 20th, 2015

A huge congratulations to you GlenMfor such a wonderful idea. I've made some truly great friends since becoming a member and a listener on 7 cups. I can't thank all those who have helped me to overcome the really tough days I've had. Thank you.

reliableMoon26 March 20th, 2015

Can't thank all those "Enough"

Thanks @reliableMoon26! Collective effort here for sure and we are figuring it out. Glad you have received support! : )

CoffeeTeaAndHonesty March 20th, 2015

I think this is a great idea!

Jaelin March 20th, 2015

This is huge & Awesome!!! When will it be applied to the site? @GlenM

@Jaelin Monday! : )

Bexicle March 22nd, 2015

@GlenM - super excited for Monday then! Great idea - I look forward to trying it out :D

faithfulPerson4993 March 20th, 2015

Thanks for the Growth Plan idea, Glen! I think it will be a great way to guide us into using the site for all it's many benefits! It will be a great encouragement to use the self help guides, connect with a listener, chat in group support, and to participate in the forums!

A few things I've noted since coming to 7 Cups. I'd like to use the Notes Section but unfortunately nothing ever gets saved for me. And I've heard of the Gratitude Journal feature but have yet to see it. These could be technical issues I realize. I just haven't found technical support on this site yet. Also, I've taken the emotional test and found it to be very helpful. At the end of the test, it said that it would take me to a place where I could monitor my progress but was unable to get there.Is that what this Growth Plan is all about?

Kind Regards and Thank You For All You Do For Us Here At 7 Cups!

faithfulPerson

faithfulPerson4993 March 20th, 2015

@GlenM

@faithfulPerson4993, yes, that is correct, the growth path will be the next step after the test :). Thanks for hanging in there. I'll let support know that notes are not saving. Thank you!

Chris2403 March 21st, 2015

The way result is shown scares some people off. Change the words if you can.

GlenM OP March 21st, 2015

@Chris2403, thanks for letting me know. Can you further clarify? Are you saying the test results scare people? like the scores on depression, stress, and anxiety?

Chris2403 March 27th, 2015

Yeah. The words like severe and other words like that. Person is already scared because of what that person is going through.

Humortrain March 21st, 2015

The growth path is attractive. However when some one completes a significant thing he should be assigned some responsibility

raspberryShade68 March 21st, 2015

I want to learn how to be less emotional. Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me.

generousSouth4919 April 3rd, 2015

I totally get it! I don't even mean what I say but it could just be the way I really feel. I don't know... :)

bestTruth96 March 22nd, 2015

I'm very excited about the changes happening Monday!! This will greatly benefit our community in a positive way. Also I feel like this is very much like an assignment one gets from a therapist or in treatment. Great job keep up the great work.

kindasad March 22nd, 2015

I can't get to the growth chart! Is there a link someone could give me?

xxscreamingstarxx March 22nd, 2015

Hi, This is a grate Idea! I do just have one thing I would like to clear up for myself. If we ask the member if they would like us to go through the first lesson with them, Do we as the listenerjust need to go to: Training then to the ACT guide lesson 1?

lostinthemusic13 March 23rd, 2015

I think this is a wonderful idea and am looking forward to it. I'm new to this and it's already helped but I also need to work on the whole ways to cope with anxiety and depression thing because I'm not so good in that area so this will push me to do so.

bethmhall86 March 23rd, 2015

When can we access this? Thank you. Xxx

GlenM OP March 23rd, 2015

Thanks for feedback! We are working on a few more changes and we plan to post it live later this afternoon. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Growth path is now live! Just click on "dashboard" and you'll see it. Would love to hear your thoughts.

faithfulPerson4993 March 23rd, 2015

@GlenM Thank You! It looks fabulous! I can't wait to get started! The only thing I miss is seeing my Account Summary on the Dashboard (Now Growth Plan). A small detail, I realize, as I can see it from my Conversations Page! I'm going to give the Growth Plan a whirl right now! Thanks again for all you do for us here at 7 Cups!

@GlenM Sorry to be posting so much about this, but I thought you'd want the feedback. I'm getting a lot of messages that say that I've completed Part 1, 2, 3, etc of Growth Path but I haven't done anything! Am I missing something? Maybe I shall just give it some time.

right on the dashboard/growth path page you should see steps like 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Each step is a step on your growth path. Does that make sense?

nope, don't see it Glen. Sorry.

faithfulPerson4993 March 24th, 2015

@GlenM I finally received my Growth Plan! YAY! Thank you soo much for this! Excellent idea and thank you for following through! :D

sweetpeabekkii March 23rd, 2015

I have no clue what im doing

@sweetpeabekkiiit is right on your dashboard/growth path page. if you scroll up you'll see the button. right under your profile.

sweetpeabekkii March 23rd, 2015

My profile i didnt no u had one

Still not really sure where to go to get to this.

@lostinthemusic13it is right on your dashboard/growth path page. if you scroll up you'll see the button. right under your profile.

Thank you @GlenM!

limegreenNest757 March 23rd, 2015

I'm using the iPhone app- how do I get to the dashboard?

GlenM OP March 25th, 2015

@limegreenNest757 not in app yet, but coming soon!

friendlyKitten7574 March 23rd, 2015

how do we start it?

GlenM OP March 25th, 2015

@friendlyKitten7574 just click on "growth path" on main menu.