Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

SensitiveArtsySoul April 23rd, 2016

"The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times" -Paulo Coelho

AbbyC5501 April 25th, 2016

@NovaAnneArt

love this quote❤️

RainbowButterflyGirl123 April 25th, 2016

plushJewel20 April 25th, 2016

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Tameraluvs April 25th, 2016

Does anybody else feel greatful today?

CyanSuperSmile April 25th, 2016

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it."- Joathan Winters

courageousComfort70 April 25th, 2016

Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes.

- Benjamin Franklin

CharaG April 25th, 2016

I want to live life with no more fears and worries...... I want to live life with a smile always on my face. I want to feel confident around other people...

AbbyC5501 April 25th, 2016

It's always ok in the end, and if it's not ok, then it's not the end

BookwormGabby April 25th, 2016

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -Anne Frank

simplyglowing April 25th, 2016

LIFE'S GREATEST LOSS IS NOT DEATH

LIFE'S GREATEST LOSS IS WHAT DIES IN US WHILE WE ARE STILL ALIVE.

I am not sure who the author is but this is my fav.

CaringJoy April 25th, 2016

Something worth having usually takes some effort to achieve...

Sometimes we need someone to simply be there.

Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that weare cared for and supported.

*we are

sorry for my spelling mistake frown

courageousComfort70 April 26th, 2016

Just because youre trash doesnt mean you cant do great things. Its called garbage can, not garbage cannot.

-Haikyuu 2

Birdwatching April 26th, 2016

It's not enough to love life

get out and live it

bubbleocean7841 April 26th, 2016

"There comes a time in your life when you walk away from the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy"

Willowwillhelp April 27th, 2016

Don't talk about it, just be about it, don't ever doubt it even when your brain is clouded, i may be crazy, but life's amazing and through it all even with your problems facing, so just know that it's okay. -Ronnie Radke

This is my favorite of this great man's quotes.

courageousComfort70 April 30th, 2016

@Willowwillhelp

This is really great quote. Thanks for sharing.

Chiaroscuro1 April 28th, 2016

The art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on - Havelock Ellis

AlwaysUpFromHere April 28th, 2016

Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. – Robert Schuller

GraceyRianne April 28th, 2016

"If I Can Stop One Heart from Breaking" [919]
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one lonely person
Into happiness again
I shall not live in vain.
-Emily Dickinson

This helps me feel as though I have something tangible to hold onto and strive for :) maybe it might help someone else to read it :)

@GraceyRianne

Simply beautiful

Birdwatching April 29th, 2016

Don't know what you got till its gone

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

- Oprah Winfrey

Countrygirl16 April 30th, 2016

Don't let the world change your smile, but let your smile change the world!

courageousComfort70 May 1st, 2016

Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all.

- Ovid

hljourney May 1st, 2016

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try!

Tracey75 May 1st, 2016

@hljourney

hljourney May 1st, 2016

Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason!

CaringJoy May 1st, 2016

ce2e49153922673d3313c593910aab11.jpg

RLPS May 1st, 2016

I have always saud something very similar. That we all have opportunities, none easier or harder than any other. Different and unique to each individual.

@CaringJoy

depressionwontwin May 3rd, 2016

@CaringJoy that's a good quote

Birdwatching May 2nd, 2016

Inspiraring thoughs to me is a wonder smile, a kind word, and to help someone in need. Seeing kindness happen, you don't have to feel well to be kind.

vic418 May 2nd, 2016
Be kind to yourself so you can be happy enough to be kind to the world
GrayPebble May 11th, 2016

@vic418 Love this! :)

ElleW00ds May 2nd, 2016

Don't be afraid to dream king size. Don't hesitate for one second to fulfil your dreams however silly they may seem. Live your dreams or you'll be living others dreams which in turn become your nightmares!

MeteorShower May 3rd, 2016

If not now, then when?

newbiebunny May 4th, 2016

The Cookie Thief

by Valerie Cox

"A woman was waiting at an airport one night, with several long hours before her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shops, bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop.

She was engrossed in her book but happened to see, that the man sitting beside her, as bold as could be. . .grabbed a cookie or two from the bag in between, which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene.

So she munched the cookies and watched the clock, as the gutsy cookie thief diminished her stock. She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by, thinking, If I wasnt so nice, I would blacken his eye.

With each cookie she took, he took one too, when only one was left, she wondered what he would do. With a smile on his face, and a nervous laugh, he took the last cookie and broke it in half.

He offered her half, as he ate the other, she snatched it from him and thought… oooh, brother. This guy has some nerve and hes also rude, why he didnt even show any gratitude!

She had never known when she had been so galled, and sighed with relief when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate, refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate.

She boarded the plane, and sank in her seat, then she sought her book, which was almost complete. As she reached in her baggage, she gasped with surprise, there was her bag of cookies, in front of her eyes.

If mine are here, she moaned in despair, the others were his, and he tried to share. Too late to apologize, she realized with grief, that she was the rude one, the ingrate, the thief."

Moral of the story — dont jump to conclusions about what you believe is impossible for you…dont be a cookie thief.