Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Lala0 May 8th, 2018

@PeacfulPrinces999. Thanks.....

PeacfulPrinces999 May 8th, 2018

@Lala0 you're welcome

angel

compassionateLake3307 May 8th, 2018

"If it won't stop raining, dance in the rain"

Lala0 May 8th, 2018

"I want someone to love me more then I hate myself."

~Audra M C Burton~

loyalDrum2337 May 8th, 2018

"My parents suffered from that ideal of a perfect nuclear family. They found that a difficult pressure, I think." -Tim Burton

"You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

"You can spend a lifetime trying to forget a few minutes of your childhood."

"I worry my depression and anxiety are always going to keep me from being the person I dreamed of becoming."

I can't help it, I know everyone elses' are hopeful, but this is just how I'm feeling right now. Sorry these quotes aren't as inspirational as all the others.

"Say what you like. I am not ashamed of my walls. My boundaries are my own and purposed for my shelter while I am in healing and vulnerable, I am regrouping. Life can wait. When I am good and ready I will climb them. Until then, let me be." -Beau Taplin

supportiveWhisper79 May 8th, 2018

"The prerequisite for spending time with another person is that they nourish and inspire you" Will Smith

Edward48 May 8th, 2018

Perfect is only perception , and perception is all they can see .

Zalost7391 May 8th, 2018

"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person I have to be better than is myself." Col. Sherman T Potter, MASH.

chasingrainbow May 8th, 2018

I accept all the things that I cannot change. :)

emotionalMaple9419 May 8th, 2018

You, as part of the Universe, are cared for as if you were a precious jewel, which you are.

~ from Zen and the Art of Happiness, Chris Prentiss

GodsBabyGirl1981 May 8th, 2018

It can

sillycat763 May 8th, 2018

True happiness can only be achieved if you live in the present.

PhoenixMemento May 8th, 2018

To restrict the artist is a crime. It is murder, germinating life. - Egon Schiele

spk2017 May 8th, 2018

Live and let live

Tayy882 May 8th, 2018

You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.

Tiger2210 May 8th, 2018

Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.

May 8th, 2018

"When "i" is replaced with "we" even illness becomes wellness." - Malcolm X

StayingStrong1227 May 8th, 2018

H.O.P.E. Hold On Pain Ends.

IreneXoXo20 May 8th, 2018

And then there are those remarkably rare, addictive ones who just bring out the most of everything, they make you feel so alive that you

withinyou May 8th, 2018

The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost

sunflowersallaroundus May 8th, 2018

Breathe and be happy.

Viker May 8th, 2018

It's not what you know it's what you can compare.

SillyHanana May 8th, 2018

"The great British explorer, George Mallory, who was to clib to the top of Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it? And he said 'Because it is there.'" - Ronald Regan

A quote within a quote!

eternalPeace571 May 8th, 2018

Surely, in the light of history, it is more intelligent to hope rather than to fear. To try rather than to not try. For one thing we know beyond all doubt: Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says: (It cant be done). - Eleanor Roosevelt

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates. - Thomas Szasz

Luke10 May 8th, 2018

"If we were meant to be in a same place, we would have roots instead of feet."

- Anonymous

If you're feeling sad and alone, move forward. We always have choice to be happy and free :)

lovelyWhisper66 May 8th, 2018

littleWillow3007 May 8th, 2018

"He who fears he shall suffer, already suffers what he fears" _Michel de Montaigne

Or the Game of Thrones version ^^ "Fear cuts deeper than swords"

OlivyOlive May 8th, 2018

Humans are like glow sticks; they need to break before they can glow

hollowman84 May 8th, 2018

Too hard to pick one, here are three of my favorites:

"...there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." -Shakespeare's Hamlet

"The mind is a place of its own and in itself can make a Hell of Heaven, a Heaven of Hell." -Milton's Paradise Lost

"There's a side to the human personality that somehow senses that wherever the cosmic truth may lie, it doesn't lie in A, B, C, D. It lies somewhere in the mysterious, unknowable aspects of thought and life and experience. Man has always responded to it. Religion, mythology, allegories—it's always been one of the most responsive chords in man... One wants to break out of the clearly arguable, demonstrable things which really are not very meaningful, or very useful or inspiring, nor does one even sense any enormous truth in them."
-Stanley Kubrick (my favorite director ever)

JustDellaThings May 8th, 2018

She wore her scars

as her best attire,

a stunning dress

made of hellfire.

-Daniel Saint

littleWillow3007 May 9th, 2018

@JustDellaThings

I love it, so poetic!

fancyForest24dj May 8th, 2018

Be whoever you feel like being, let them judge who they think you are.laugh

Axyl698 May 9th, 2018

@fancyForest24dj

Great quote!

Imjustmeeee May 9th, 2018

Broken crayons still color

strawberryTouch80 May 9th, 2018

@Imjustmeeee love this !

strawberryTouch80 May 9th, 2018

Im me and your you. Nobody can change it but everybody can embrace it.

NativeAmericanGal May 9th, 2018

I have travelled thousands of miles just to be me in this moment. It doesnt matter where Ive been or where I might go but to be present right now. Experiencing life to the fullest and not missing out by looking too far behind or forward.

PercyG32604 May 9th, 2018

Love me or hate me, both are in my favor...if you love me, I'll always be in your heart...if you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.

~William Shakespeare

Allerleirauh May 9th, 2018

"be who you are and f*ck everyone else"

crimsonScarf1636 May 9th, 2018

it is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it - Joseph Joubert