Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Laura February 27th, 2015

We are all createdby our past experiences.

najat February 18th, 2015

?Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.?
―Veronica Roth,Divergent

?Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.?
―John Lennon

?Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.?
―Jodi Picoult,My Sister's Keeper

LovelyBetty February 18th, 2015

?Racism isn?t born, folks. It?s taught. I have a 2-year-old son. Know what he hates? Naps. End of list.?

- Dennis Leary, 1992

This gets me everytime. So powerful. :')
LovelyBetty February 18th, 2015

"In my own time. In my own way.? That?s one of my personal mottos. We should all have the freedom to move and grow and develop at our own pace."

- Wentworth Miller

peacefulBeauty57 February 18th, 2015

"Never let an ugly past dictate a beautiful future"

lucyinthesky2 February 18th, 2015

I can, I will and I did :)

Melly718 February 18th, 2015

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
- Henry James

Study as if you were going to live forever; live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
- Maria Mitchell

"Your ambition should be to get as much life out of living as you possibly can, as much enjoyment, as much interest, as much experience, as much understanding. Not simply be what is generally called a "success."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- Franklin P. Jones

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life... as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
- Booker T. Washington

Life is a succession of lessons, which must be lived to be understood.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Better it is to live one day seeing the rise and fall of things than to live a hundred years without ever seeing the rise and fall of things.
- Buddha

compassionateOwl932 February 19th, 2015

Make the best of your best days and the best of your worst days. The worst days are only temporary.

thebrokengirl February 19th, 2015

Even the darkest Hour is only 60 minutes long

compassionateOwl932 February 19th, 2015

I like that!

Healingbeauty11 February 19th, 2015

"Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives"

AutumnLeigh February 19th, 2015

Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow, Live Today! :-)

Melly718 February 19th, 2015

?Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it.?
― C. JoyBell C.

?The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively?
― Bob Marley

"In life, finding a voice is speaking and living the truth. Each of you is an original. Each of you has a distinctive voice. When you find it, your story will be told. You will be heard.?
― John Grisham

?Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.?
― Audrey Hepburn

?Just close your eyes and enjoy the roller coaster that is life.?
― Zayn Malik

?Whatever life takes away from you, let it go.?
― Miguel Ruiz

?Sometimes the only way to ever find yourself is to get completely lost.?
― Kellie Elmore

?Be not afraid of life believe that life is worth living and your belief will create the fact.?
― Henry James

najat February 19th, 2015

?For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.?
―Sam Levenson

?Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.?
―Neil Gaiman

?I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.?
―Gilda Radner

mistpete75 February 20th, 2015

Do not tolerate disrespect, not even from yourself....unknown

najat February 20th, 2015

?A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.?
―Albert Einstein

najat February 20th, 2015

?Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.?
―Louise Erdrich,The Painted Drum LP

Liantei February 21st, 2015
"Love is the willingness to give yourself to another knowing they could hurt you deeply but trusting them not to."
- Unknown

The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.
- Ranita Isaac

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.
- Unknown

You don?t know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have
-Bob Marley
Liantei April 12th, 2015

I've got some new ones:

I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anybody else to feel like that. - Robin Williams (1951-2014)

"Stop telling yourself that you are not good enough. You need to accept that you are who you are, and who you are is fucking awesome." - Unknown

Sometimes bravery is a quiet voice asking for help, when they don't think they'll receive it -Anon

?Life isn?t about finding yourself it?s about creating yourself.?- Unknown.

Healingbeauty11 February 21st, 2015

" You Come To Love Not By Finding The Perfect Person, But By Seeing An Imperfect Person PERFECTLY" heart

LovelyBetty February 21st, 2015

The journey is more important than where you end up.

- Jessie J

Melly718 February 21st, 2015

~~?I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.?
― Marilyn Monroe

Melly718 February 21st, 2015

~~?You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.?

― William W. Purkey