Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

littleDime1579 February 26th, 2015

It doesn't matter what others think about you, it only matters what YOU think about yourself. - Me

Jenna February 26th, 2015

Have patience with all things, but first of all, yourself. -St. Francis de Sales

pinkfloydsgurl February 26th, 2015

Look at you. You're young and you're scared. Why are you scared? Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words. Stop caring about what other people think. Wear what you want. Say what you want. Listen to the music YOU want to. Play ot loud as f**k and dance to it. Go out for a drive at midnight and forget you have your school in the morning. Stop waiting for Friday. Live now. Do it now. Take risks. Tell secrets. This life is yours. - Pennee (I edited the swear word, but left it inn place as it is very powerful. This was written by my friend when she was 19. She recently found it and shared it on facebook. I was granted her permission to share it here however I used the name she goes by and not her real name)

fanaticpie13 February 26th, 2015

"If i make a fool of my self, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone perception on me"

-Angelina Jolie

Melly718 February 26th, 2015

?Encourage, lift and strenthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all.?
― Deborah Day

?Support and encouragement are found in the most unlikely places.?
― Raquel Cepeda

?Life is a wall, you have to climb it by pushing others to climb over and you will be pushed as well. Give a helping hand today.?
― Bernard Kelvin Clive

?You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.?

― William W. Purkey

?Believe you can and you're halfway there.?
― Theodore Roosevelt

?Without fear there cannot be courage.?
― Christopher Paolini

?I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.?
― Mae West

?Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.?
― Leo Buscaglia

BlondeVirgo1979 February 26th, 2015

"Keep putting out the good. It will come back to you tenfold in unexpected ways."

?I wonder how many people don't get the one they want, but end up with the one they're supposed to be with.?
― Fannie Flagg, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

?Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!?
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?I figured something out. The future is unpredictable.?
― John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

?Tears are words that need to be written.?
― Paulo Coelho

?My only advice is to stay aware, listen carefully, and yell for help if you need it.?
― Judy Blume

?Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.?
― Norman Vincent Peale

?I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.?
― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

Healingbeauty11 February 26th, 2015

" The Secret of Change is to Focus all of your Energy, Not on Fighting the Old, But on Building the New. "

Healingbeauty11 February 26th, 2015

" MOVE OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE, You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable, when you TRY SOMETHING NEW. " - Brian Tracy

ivorySail2983 February 26th, 2015

"Life is great without care"

hasan16 February 26th, 2015

Well !! I can't think of myself living this life without care

ivorySail2983 March 1st, 2015

Care for the love ones only.

ivorySail2983 March 1st, 2015

Care for the love ones only.

nina50 February 26th, 2015

Four things you can't recover: The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone. Deanna Wadsworth

Arlo February 26th, 2015

"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew that looking back on the laughs would make me cry."

Melly718 February 27th, 2015

?Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.?
― Maya Angelou

?Certain things in life simply have to be experienced -and never explained. Love is such a thing.?
― Paulo Coelho, Maktub

?Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can't accept who you are.?
― Turcois Ominek

"Live the moment. Cherish the present. Anticipate the future. Frame the yesteryear?
― Hlovate, Contengan Jalanan

?Too many people miss out on real love because they're too busy waiting for the ONE to show up?
― Alexandra Potter, You're (Not) the One

?You will never be who you want to be, until you are happy with who you are.?
― Thomas F. Shubnell

?Look at the stars. See their beauty. And in that beauty, see yourself.?
― Draya Mooney

?How wonderful it would be if people did all they could for one other without seeking anything in return! One should never remember a kindness done, and never forget a kindness received.?
― Kentetsu Takamori

?Look not to the faults of others, nor to their omissions and commissions. But rather look to your own acts, to what you have done and left undone.?
― Gautama Buddha

?Chasing a person doesn?t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.?
― Shannon L. Alder

?It's sometimes easier to help others rather than helping yourself. The trick is to listen to your "self" as a friend. This may be the simplest change you ever make in life, with the biggest impact.?
― Lorii Myers, Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success

?Sometimes, the simple things are more fun and meaningful than all the banquets in the world ...?
― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly