Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Melly718 February 11th, 2015

Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable.

Peter F. Drucker

Those who wish to sing, always find a song.

Swedish Proverb

Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble.

Frank Tyger

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

calkelly February 12th, 2015

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.....Victor Borge

LovelyBetty February 12th, 2015

Life is like a camera. Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't turn out - take another shot.

jenniferlawrenceisqueen February 16th, 2015

I have that quote on my wall

LovelyBetty February 12th, 2015

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

Melly718 February 12th, 2015

"Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out."

--John Wooden

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."

--Anonymous

"Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it's safe or certain."

--Anonymous

"Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them."

--Anonymous

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly."

--Proverb

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."

--Albert Einstein

"The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one's destiny to do, and then do it."

--Henry Ford

"The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

--Anonymous

"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

--Anonymous

"What's the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable."

--Anonymous

"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it."

--Anonymous

DaddyLion003 February 13th, 2015

"Luck will often save a man, if his courage hold" - The 13th Warrior

spiritualteacher February 14th, 2015

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."- Albert Einstein

DaddyLion003 February 15th, 2015

So true, how often do we forget our strengths in favor of weaknesses that don't truly matter? Great post!

Healingbeauty11 February 14th, 2015

' Straight roads do not make skillful drivers' - Paulo Coelho.

calkelly February 14th, 2015

Definately

Healingbeauty11 February 14th, 2015

" The most successful people are those who are good at Plan B".

Melly718 February 14th, 2015

~~?Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.?

?Arthur Rubinstein

?The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay. Love isn't love 'til you give it away.?

?Oscar Hammerstein

~~?Choose love and peace will follow. Choose peace and love will follow.?

?Mary Helen Doyle

~~?When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.?

?Jimi Hendrix

~~?There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.?

?George Burton Adams

?The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things in life like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people in life recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation. For me, I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. ?

?Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kelly! You are so awesome!! I love Dr. Tyson and its so good to see you found one of his best statements :). Keep it up!

Melly! You are so awesome!! I love Dr. Tyson and its so good to see you found one of his best statements :). Keep it up!

~~?What life have you if you have not life together? There is no life that is not in community.?

?T.S. Eliot

~~?Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it.?

?Martin Luther King, Jr.

~~?The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift of life is yours; it is an amazing journey; and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. ?

?Dan Zadra

~~?A life full of enthusiasm, hope and contributions through one's own talent is a life well lived.?

?Kimberly Day

~~?In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.?

?Dietrich Bonhoeffer

~~?I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.?

?Theodor Seuss Geisel

~~?The great essentials for happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.?

?Joseph Addison