Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

S0hepburn January 30th, 2015

You only live once. But if you do it right once is enough.

Jace98 January 30th, 2015

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
― Anonymous

spiritualteacher January 30th, 2015

Scars show where you've been not where your going ~ unknown

Leucoryx January 30th, 2015

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal." - Edward Elric

heartfulSpring84 January 30th, 2015

'Play your role in life with such passion, that even after the curtains come down, the applause doesn't stop.'

Col. M.N.Rai, Indian Army, Martyred in J&K

LadyAries January 30th, 2015

That there?s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo? and it?s worth fighting for.?
? Sam [Lord of the Rings]

heart

0HOPE0 January 30th, 2015

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

najat January 30th, 2015

?Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.?
―Mark Twain

In my dream she is my life...but in my life she is just a dream!! :/

najat January 30th, 2015

?Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.?
― Mahatma Gandhi

icygamer January 30th, 2015

Your destiny is a blank canvas, and you are the painter- paint whatever path you want, and no-one can tell you otherwise.

najat January 30th, 2015

?You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter.?
―Nicholas Sparks

Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world...Indeed itis the only thing that ever has!

calkelly January 30th, 2015

Whether you are sixteen or sixty, the rest of your life is ahead of you. You cannot change one moment of the past, but you CAN change your whole future. NOW is your time..........Matthew Kelly

sharpy January 30th, 2015

Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves them will not make you cry.

SkyH575 January 30th, 2015

" I'll rather have a life of 'oh wells' than 'what ifs'. " We only live once and life is short, do want your heart wants and not regret.

Melly718 January 30th, 2015

"Opportunities, many times, are so small that we glimpse them not and yet they are often the seeds of great enterprises. Opportunities are also everywhere and so you must always let your hook be hanging. When you least expect it, a great fish will swim by."

Og Mandino

"We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing."

Louisa May Alcott

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

William Jennings Bryan

Dare to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individuality.

Henri-Frederic Amiel

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas Edison

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Minor Myers Jr.

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.

Thomas Carlyle

He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.

Thomas Carlyle

Where do you get all these quotes from...half this forum is filled with your posts only! :P

Melly718 February 2nd, 2015

lol i google "motivational quotes" ;) here to brighten someones day heart

Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.

Albert Einstein

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.

Charles Dickens

Your time is limited, so don?t waste it living someone else's life. Don?t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people?s thinking. Don?t let the noise of other?s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs

wwwace January 31st, 2015

Yesterday is history Tomorow is a mistery That therefre leaves us but today Let us therefore live one day at a time

JescaDee January 30th, 2015

"We acquire the strength we have overcome"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

SlightlyInsane January 31st, 2015

?Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent?
―Victor Hugo

modestZebra2079 January 31st, 2015

Kindness is never a mistake--Ellie, The Lady of Light and Shadows by CL Wilson

Kendyy124 January 31st, 2015

" The only way we can really find ourself is if we get lost first"

LadyAries February 1st, 2015

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."by the Emperor in Mulan