Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

lavenderOcean7874 January 28th, 2015

That quote is so beautifully perfect.

LadyBird1127 January 28th, 2015

Each of us has lived through some devastation some loneliness some weather super storms or spiritual super storms. When we look at each other we must say I understand. I understand how you feel because I've been there myself. We must support each other because each of us is more alike than we are Unlike.

Sunfeather72700 January 28th, 2015

Words that are spoken can be forgotten. Words that are written can be erased. But words that are said inside your mind for only you to hear are written and spoken. They cannot be erased nor forgotten. Thye echo through your mind and are written on the inside of your skull. Don't out yourself down and cut in another word.

Melly718 January 28th, 2015

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

Joe Paterno

"If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way."

-Napoleon Hill

"Dare to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individuality."

-Henri-Frederic Amiel

keybladeFOB January 28th, 2015

"Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost." - Helen Keller

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."

-Joseph Campbell

Also: "Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith and trust that your wings will unfold"

"Don?t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don?t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Albert Camus

"Having somewhere to go is home, having someone to love is family, having both is blessing."

Unknown

"Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Stephen King

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring. Who, being loved, is poor?"

Oscar Wilde

"Have patience with all things, but, first of all with yourself."

Saint Francis de Sales

"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."

A. A. Milne

"It is our choices that show who we are, not our abilities." -Dumbledore

"Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit."

Moliere

"Trade your expectation for appreciation and the world changes for you."

-Anthony Robbins

"Friends and good manners will carry you where money won't go."

Margaret Walker

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

-Sir Winston Churchill

QuietlyhereAv15 January 28th, 2015

@AnnaStella7: "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." George Bernard Shaw

calkelly January 28th, 2015

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched..... they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Moonlightsonta7 January 28th, 2015

There is no sooner or later,right time or wrong time.Things happen when they have to happen,so someday everything will make perfect sense.From now on laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself everything happens for a reason~

AutumnLeigh January 29th, 2015

Before you speak, THINK. Is it True? Is it Helpful? Is it Inspirational? Is it Necessary? Is it Kind? ~ Unknown

fairmindedShade70 January 29th, 2015

Be the change you wish to see in the world- Gandhi

Melly718 January 29th, 2015

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."

Maya Angelou

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."

Kevyn Aucoin

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."

Ronald Reagan

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Desiderius Erasmus

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

George Eliot

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

George Bernard Shaw

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."

Albert Camus

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Marie Curie

LittleshopofHorrors January 30th, 2015

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only rerembers to turn on the lights. -Albus Dumbledore / JK Rowling

calkelly January 30th, 2015

Nobody can hurt me without my permission........Gandhi

Sunfeather72700 January 30th, 2015

But then again I'm hurting myself with my permission.

calkelly January 30th, 2015

Today I remind myself......the decisions of the past do not define the future...every day is a chance at a new beginning....each day is a new page in this book of life.....i may not be able to erase the indelible ink that is written to this point....but I can start every day with a new entry....making the best of it and enjoying this journey that I create for MYSELF......Calkelly

S0hepburn January 30th, 2015

Be the reason that someone smiles today