Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

tothesquare February 9th, 2015

"They who bear an afflicted state with patience and submission, are humbled by themand prove well under them, are best prepared for better circumstances."

-Matthew Henry

DaddyLion003 February 9th, 2015

"You can never truly fail if you never accept failure as the end of your story" - Myself

Melly718 February 9th, 2015

~~?If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.?

? Gandhi

~~?Great minds have great purposes, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them.?

? Washington Irving

~~?Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.?

? Jim Rohn

~~?We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.?

? Jesse Owens

~~?I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.?

? Bruce Lee

~~?A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.?

? George Bernard Shaw

~~?Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.?

? George W. Carver

~~?Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.?

? Dale Carnegie

~~?Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself ? and be lenient to everybody else.?

? Henry Ward Beecher

~~?When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up.?

? Les Brown

~~?Life?s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they?re supposed to help you discover who you are.?

? Bernice Johnson Reagon

~~?The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential? these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.?

? Confucius

~~?Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will.?

? W. Clement Stone

DaddyLion003 February 9th, 2015

@Melly718 Holy crap! I cannot believe how many great quotes you have posted here. So many of them have motivated and inspired me to do better everyday and I just wanted to say thank you. Its so important to me to find inspiration from outside sources and you have been a magnificent source. You're beautiful!

@Daddylion :) that makes me feel great! Glad i can help! Thank you xo will continue to post

anaisabel February 9th, 2015

"Don?t wait for something big to occur. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater."

calkelly February 9th, 2015

Some things have to be believed to be seen.......Madeleine L'Engle

thearchetype February 10th, 2015

even if there is a tiny tiny chance isn't that worth going for it? -lwt

mitea February 10th, 2015

"The struggle you're going through today is giving you the strength you need for tomorrow "

tidyBalsam117 February 10th, 2015

Is it not our abilities who show us who we truly are, it is our choices.

LovelyBetty February 10th, 2015

?I firmly believe in small gestures: pay for their coffee, hold the door for strangers, over tip, smile or try to be kind even when you don?t feel like it, pay compliments, chase the kid?s runaway ball down the sidewalk and throw it back to him, try to be larger than you are? particularly when it?s difficult. People do notice, people appreciate. I appreciate it when it?s done to (for) me. Small gestures can be an effort, or actually go against our grain (?I?m not a big one for paying compliments??), but the irony is that almost every time you make them, you feel better about yourself. For a moment life suddenly feels lighter, a bit more Gene Kelly dancing in the rain.?

? Jonathan Carroll

LovelyBetty February 10th, 2015

Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing & your attitude when you have everything. heart

DaddyLion003 February 10th, 2015

Everything in the universe takes the shape of a sphere, beautifully consistent and symmetrical. Why is this? Not because beauty is easy, but because each celestial body has gone through periods of the most intense gravitational and environmental hardship, only to come out bigger, better and more beautiful. - Myself

calkelly February 10th, 2015

Dont ever save anything for a special occasion......Every day you are alive is a special occasion......Anne Wells

smiles0623 February 10th, 2015

"one day you'll make peace with your demons, and the chaos in your heart will settle flat. and maybe for the first time in your life, life will smile right back at you and welcome you home."

DaddyLion003 February 11th, 2015

Incredible!

Poetrylover14 February 11th, 2015

There's no better time than the present to celebrate the gift of life

wwwace February 11th, 2015

It is not whete you are today but where you will be tomorrow next week next month next year or even 5 yeasr time that counts. Maybe for a long time we have chosen to stay still. Butnow we are going to move foward. Maybe we have vot just 1 deegree off course but that has led to us being a long way off over time . The further one goes the further off course. But just 1 deegree will put us back on track

monkey88 February 11th, 2015

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another."

Healingbeauty11 February 11th, 2015

" Happiness is as a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. " :)

Melly718 February 11th, 2015

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Eden Ahbez

Opportunities, many times, are so small that we glimpse them not and yet they are often the seeds of great enterprises. Opportunities are also everywhere and so you must always let your hook be hanging. When you least expect it, a great fish will swim by.

Og Mandino

Dare to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individuality.

Henri-Frederic Amiel

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

e. e. cummings

The greatest power is often simple patience.

E. Joseph Cossman

Look at what you've got and make the best of it. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Proverb

How long should you try? Until.

Jim Rohn

What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?

Mary Ann Evans