Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

Ruchira September 12th, 2020

Wow!! You saw the filming of GOT. Can't believe that ... awesome!!

MyNameIsNicole December 17th, 2020

That's a Beatiful dream. I hope you achieve that and so much more!

Thank you for the recommendations💖

bigHeart71 July 18th, 2020

@GlenM Hi there, I've been off for a while i hope it's not too late to catch up.

I'm bigHeart from Kenya. I'm excited to be part of this. My current read is Becoming Supernatural by Dr Joe Dispenser. It talks about how we can break free of out mental limitations by focusing on the inside out.

Vintagechoc September 20th, 2020

@bigHeart71

Hi Bigheart, nice to meet you smiley. Happy to see an Anfrican Fellow.

Starry1Listener September 26th, 2020

@bigHeart71

I wish you will be able to gain superpowers after breaking free from your mental constrains.

Yourstruly2000 July 30th, 2020

@GlenM

Hey my name is Yourstruly2000, i am currently in Bangladesh 🇧🇩, but will soon travel back to UK 🇬🇧, i am really fond of all kinds of music, the latest movie i saw was "charlie and the chocolate factory " i know its old movie but i was just feeling nostalgic

gigantCloud92 February 11th, 2021

@Yourstruly2000 I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I first read the novel in primary school, and the movie is one of my favorites!

HereToHelp135 October 30th, 2021

@gigantCloud92

Ah, I also loved that movie. I loved when Charlie received the golden ticket.

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

I'm GlenM. Happy to be here! I grew up in Massachusetts (northeast corner of US) and have lived in several states. Right now I live in South Carolina. I just watched the Hamilton musical with my kids on Friday. They are superfans. It was a lot of fun!

ASilentObserver July 6th, 2020

@GlenM Tagging the Cohort:
@amiablePond7294 @AstronomySkies @Darkstatic007 @iamvisveish @Migrainewarrior @softmusic9759
@CheeryMango @azuladragon34 @DayDreamWithYou @Irena0225 @mintChocolate21 @SoulfullyAButterfly
@dkwhat @bazzyalg @dpopkin @JennMarie2 @MistyMagic @sunflower2480
@frankkplum @Beaconx @DylanletterR @jess712004 @MonicaQu @sunshineEars619
@friendlyheart6114 @bestBraveheart57 @enigmaticOasis2260 @JLo98 @Mubaip @SushiSunshine
@Grace8402 @bigHeart71 @Erato @Justlikemellie @Nadiya23 @Sventek
@HealthPsychologist @bigheartedhelper @eshas @KindMoment86 @Nate73 @tatilight
@IvyL @Blissart @FreelanceC @KindnessMatters2020 @nuriacb41 @tessie855
@JennyyyZ @Bookchunky @friendlytalk @LeonZz @peacefulkitty5640 @TinyTina4
@laurabee22 @bookworm274 @GenerousAshlee @lhammondboulter @Petrichor2000 @Togetherforbetter
@LexIris @BudhooN @generousLove9008 @Listeningsarinn @Pineapplepuppy56 @Tyedyedbutterfly65
@peaceloveandpaws @Calmwaterfall34 @gentleRiver9663 @LittleBirdie30 @proud14 @U09101219
@smolecho @CheerfulRose @genuineEyes123 @lyricalAngel70 @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @velvetskies04
@traveller8 @ChillWithJordan @Gracie815 @madisonhopex @RebekahRebel @WarriorPrincess16
@ABeautifulMind1 @chloe678 @hailee17 @Magicallykermit58 @Rhlvrma94 @WatchingOverYou
@Aleks2 @cocoakrispies121 @healingWhisper @MagicSky28202 @River @Willow99e
@AnastasiaSmith @comfySea @HoneyBubbleTea @Mankka @RumpleSteeleSkin @wohooradhika
@arianachanel @crystalclearnow @HospitalBeds @maryac74 @shiningDay80
@Asherwolf @curvedmanager74 @hprising @mentallyhappy @sinceresebas21
@Asruu @Danslanuit @IamKrishanth @mialistener @SnugglyFuzzle

azuladragon34 July 6th, 2020

@ASilentObserver @GlenM

I'm azuladragon34. Real name: Tashia

I am a girl from Sri Lanka, with a sad history but have come out strong. I am eager to learn some new leadership skills

glisteningEyes July 10th, 2020

@azuladragon34

Nice to meet you! I'm glad that you've come out strong! :)

darkstatic007 July 6th, 2020

@glenM @ASilentObserver I'm Thasbiha I have been spending more time playing God of war and now that the game is over there's a slight game hangover

darkstatic007 July 6th, 2020

@darkstatic007 I'm from Colombo Sri Lanka

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@darkstatic007 game hangover - haven't heard that before, but it makes sense and I like that expression. Kind of like how you feel after watching a series on netflix I imagine.

darkstatic007 July 8th, 2020

@GlenM

Oh exactly! also like as if you were a character you know... thank you btw :D

@darkstatic007

hey, nice to meet you! I hadn't heard of a 'game hangover' either but reading up on it, i've realised that i've suffered from that after too much time playing the sims or simcity! aha

mentallyhappy July 7th, 2020

@GlenM

hii, I am Maya smiley

I am from India!

I recently watched the Oscar-winning movie Parasite and it was beautiful heart

and I absolutely love to binge-watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. on Netflix cheeky

I'm really looking forward to this leadership program!

@mentallyhappy

Hey maya! nice to meet you :)

I haven't seen parasite because i'm not one for thrillers but I do love f.r.i.e.n.d.s, who is your favourite character? and whats your favourite epsiode?

sunshineEars619 July 8th, 2020

@ASilentObserver @GlenM

Hi everyone! I'm Sara :) I'm 21 years old. I'm so excited to start this leadership journey on 7 Cups! :D

In my free time, I like to practice Art Therapy and develop my skills! It helps me get into a meditative state and is very cathartic in nature. I also love to read! One of my favorite books is Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami!

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Take care! :)

@sunshineEars619

Hey sara! nice to meet you :)

I hadn't heard of that book but it sounds really interesting so It's now on my 'to read' list :D

sunshineEars619 July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes Hi! smiley It talks about emotional connections and mental health! You'll love it! laugh

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@sunshineEars619

aha that sounds like my sort of book :D

sunshineEars619 July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes Hahaha! I'm glad to know that, let me know if you read it laugh

iamvisveish July 6th, 2020

Im Visveish from Los Angeles, California. Right now Im in India and I love binge watching Netflix. Cheers ! @GlenM

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@iamvisveish any recommendations?

@iamvisveish

Nice to meet you, have you been watching anything recommendation worthy? :p

healingWhisper July 6th, 2020

@GlenM

I'm Claire, leaving in a small European country Slovenia. I just finished reading the book The monk who sold his Ferrari and I loved it! smiley

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@healingWhisper I'm a big fan of anything with monk in the title so will need to check this out!

@healingWhisper

Hey claire! I'm also going to check this book out! thank you :)

bigheartedhelper July 6th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi @GlenM!

My names Jess, I was born in Derby, United Kingdom, I currently live in Rugby, United Kingdom! I'm currently reading the poetry book: "Nocturnal" by wilder poetry, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it as I write my own poetry and love admiring other peoples!

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@bigheartedhelper awesome! my wife and son write great poetry. i don't have the gift but I also admire it in others!

@bigheartedhelper

Hey Jess, I'm from the UK too! I live the south of england though!

I love poetry also, will have to give that book a try :)

bigheartedhelper July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes

Hello!

That's really nice to hear! And you should definitely check the book Nocturnal out, its poems that teach you about self-love and it's really nice to read. The book is super immersive too, sensory and content wise :)

@bigheartedhelper

Now I defiently want to read it! I love immersive books :)

Tyedyedbutterfly65 July 6th, 2020

@GlenM Hello Glen, smiley

I am Tye I wont be sharing my real name or my state I live in because I would be easily found on my 1 social media account and I really do not want that.. Trust issues ...

I am from a cool state that has all seasons and it is my favorite state of course but if I could move I would love to be right downtown in New York !! I loved going there .. I grew up on a farm and where i am from we have so much farm land but we do have some hills .. I like the hustle and bustle .. my town has maybe 6 street lights but the town i grew up like 5 miles away from where I am not only had 1 red light lol.

We do not have many stores to shop at but many mini marts lol.

I love art and music , movies mostly funny ones or animated ,, christmas ones are the best old ones !!

I try and sing and every dog in the county howls so I gave that up ! lol laugh

Thank you so much for the site and having so much to offer !!

Peace and Love,

Tye heart

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 love the seasons :)

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

Nice to meet you Tye! what's your favourite season?

Tyedyedbutterfly65 July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes Nice to mee you too !!smiley.. I love when the time changes and it is daylight longer so for me it woule spring and summer.. I love the sunshine and warm weather..

What about you ?

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

nice :)

I prefer the cold weather with snow, I love wrapping up warm and having hot cocoa with the fire burning :)