Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 2: The Big 5

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Begin by taking the Big 5 test and answering the following questions. You can also read more on the Big 5 here and below.

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

8V0vw3BQYtUJ2RbDJwYaBitIMfAo3N0ZcNJzngJZjc2ZfX8wNX9BoSlPd2yTaIob5fSS5cNTEMF_ANDyrwsKvBgQhaHcv7NcAE3Uj_WXJs6XuMz7cPe6Xii5swDZufxYnCjcVFAsKH8

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion3

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

warmheartedCamp3360 July 31st, 2023

@Hope okay, let's be real. I was more disappointed than surprised seeing the results. Maybe the test was not kind to me or I was not kind to myself.

O - 47

C - 1

E - 43

A - 0

N - 91

I consider myself to be a harsh and rude person but seeing this, I feel like I got all the negative traits.

My MBTI personality test was atleast relatable and convincing. My strengths according to the test are

• Analytical
  • Curious
  • Original
  • Open-minded
  • Objective

But I am judging myself now.

pandanfe August 5th, 2023

@Hope

I got more of an openness trait and least neuroticism. My strengths as per the test is that i'm more creative, adventurous, and intellectual.

ABrightBlueHeart November 10th, 2023

@pandanfe

Those are fantastic traits to have as a listener! :)

lovelyApple6441 August 16th, 2023

@Hope

Most of the results I felt like I already knew about myself, but I did learn that I have negative emotionality (tends to be anxious/nervous) despite outwardly being a very calm person.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

Per the test results, I am open-minded, reliable, good-natured, courteous, and supportive. I think these are qualities that can be helpful in building and establishing strong relationships with others in my life.

LightsFromDark August 28th, 2023

@lovelyApple6441

I agree with your answer. I also feel that I already knew most of it

LOOPHOLE August 27th, 2023

@Hope

*Things that i learnt

- I'm an introverted, emotional but caring person . I have realised that i have to work on being more assertive and rational and i will try to be best at it.

*My test results

Open-Mindedness

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

You are somewhat conventional.

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly.

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable.

Negative Emotionality

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.

@ Hope

LightsFromDark August 28th, 2023

The truth is, the Neva test didn't change anything for me and didn't teach me anything. He just showed me things I already know. The previous test was much more new to me. The strengths I learned mainly from the previous test is my ability to work with other people effectively and this is something I take with me for life.

LoveMyMoonflowers August 28th, 2023

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

To tell the truth, my results were a little surprising. I scored quite high on ‘Conscientiousness’ - which would mean I am a careful person, who is also well-organised and reliable. (My mum is the same way hehe :3) I also learned that I tend to be rather high-strung and insecure :<

What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

According to this test, my strengths include being creative, curious, complex, organised, forgiving and empathetic. My MBTI results included the strengths of being passionate, insightful and principled. I think these strengths would help me in my personal life, because I love writing (and want to pursue a career in writing) so innate creativity and curiosity would be quite helpful there :) I also want to become a listener on cups someday, as soon as I am old enough - I think an empathetic and forgiving nature would be helpful there as well.
Grace3012 September 29th, 2023

@LoveMyMoonflowers

You are awesome! Keep it up! You are doing amazing!🤍✨

Grace3012 September 29th, 2023

@Hope

This was my result:

Open Mindedness: yes I'm a pretty open person who looks forward to amazing experiences.

Conscientious : I'm a very well organised person and who can be relied on.

Extraversion: neither extrovert nor an introvert. Really it depends upon the situation.

Agreeableness : i usually respect others decision and I'm not very dominating kind of nature.

Negative emotionality: I'm a person who gets very often anxious and worried.

What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

My strengths were that I'm a pretty empathetic person. I can really understand others well and it helps me in my personal life to help my parents, friends and partners through their hard times. I'm a reliable person which is very important in the life to be successful. I'm an ambivert (it's good I can change myself according to the situation). At the end it helped me see who I am really and it will help me better myself

SilverSeastar September 30th, 2023

Hello, @Grace3012

Empathy is valuable! Thank you for using your empathy and reliability to help others. You should be proud. 💙 Don't forget to take care of yourself, too!

Grace3012 September 30th, 2023

@SilverSeastar thank you!

SilverSeastar September 30th, 2023

I scored high on openness and neuroticism, and I scored low on extraversion. I learnt that I emphasise insight, creativity, and imagination. I also tend to be prone to stress, worries, and mood shifts. As an introvert, I am more reserved and I prefer solitude to recharge my energy.

Based on the test, my strengths are

• very creative;
  • open to trying new things;
  • focused on tackling new challenges; and
  • happy to think about abstract concepts.

Being open to new things allows me to have valuable experiences. I can also find unique solutions to problems through creative thinking and seeing connections that others do not

NewYorker11 January 7th

@SilverSeastar

excellent description of yourself, and from your results it shows that you are outgoing, imaginative and creative, very nice!

bestBraveheart57 October 9th, 2023

@Hope

You are relatively open to new experiences; You are well-organized, and are reliable.; You are extremely outgoing, social, and energetic.; You tend to consider the feelings of others.; You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm.

They all are strengths. I try to improve in many of my life aspects.

8grim8 October 16th, 2023

I scored highest on open-mindedness, half-half on conscientiousness, and lowest on negative emotionality. From these results, I can assure myself that I am a fairly calm or relaxed person, which is a good thing to me. I don't know if I can see much of a weakness, which I am actually glad about. Despite this, I will continue to work on myself when I can, and hopefully become who I want to be in the future!

Shannon1996 October 30th, 2023

@Hope

Again, being introverted seems to be my weakness - I'd like to work on becoming more extroverted as I find being introverted quite hard.

ChillingRain November 6th, 2023

@Shannon1996 Being introverted can also be strength. Since you rely on yourself, you can develop new skills and become more self-sufficient. Becoming more extroverted is another step you can pursue if it is your goal. I wish you luck! 

ChillingRain November 6th, 2023

@Hope

- I am neither particularly social nor reserved. I have changed a lot through the course of these past 6 months. 

- I enjoy seeing things in new ways, I am reliable and well-organized. I am open to seeing new perspectives and discovering new methods, thus I am prone to constantly improving and learning new things. My organization skills allow me to navigate my tasks efficiently without wasting any time. 
WeEarth November 6th, 2023

@Hope

Insights that I got from the test provided clarity on how I can leverage them to shape my future. They not only resonate with my interests but also serve as a reminder of the strengths that will aid me in achieving my aspirations and making a positive impact on the world.

My openness to new experiences fosters creativity and curiosity, allowing me to explore various interests and adapt to change effectively. Being well-organized and reliable helps me manage tasks efficiently, ensuring I can balance my academic goals and personal commitments effectively. Maintaining a relaxed demeanor enhances resilience, aiding in coping with stress and challenges in my personal life.

starryCandy6123 November 7th, 2023

@Hope

I learned,

that I am a conventional 

I can be disorganized

I tend to shy away, from social intervention.

I tend to consider others' feelings.

I am generally anxious, and i worry about thngs

I

Kristynsmama November 28th, 2023

@starryCandy6123

im also a worrier and more on the empathetic side.  It’s good to connect with people who are like me!

ABrightBlueHeart November 10th, 2023

@Hope

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I value originality and creativity, which is good, but that often comes at the cost of not always being able to do things in an organized manner, which needs work, because I'm always looking forward to the next big thing, which is good, thus overlooking the importance of the small, every day, boring things, which needs work.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

My strengths according to the Big Five test:

• Open-Mindedness (96 percentile)
• Extraversion (82 percentile)
• Agreeableness (72 percentile)

How they can help me in my personal life:

The constant itch to be original and creative and have novel experiences can allow me to experiment with new ways to bring about positive changes in the world around me.

The ability to easily absorb new perspectives can allow me to connect effortlessly with individuals from varying backgrounds and diverse stories.

Being agreeable and generally considerate of others' feelings can allow me to be a better active listener, both on 7Cups and in my personal life.

My strengths according to the MBTI test:

ENFPs are known to be:

• Curious

• Energetic and Enthusiastic

• Excellent Communicators

• Friendly

How they can help me in my personal life:

Being curious can help me be a great conversationalist, and in turn, a great listener (as long as I keep peoples' boundaries in mind).

• Enthusiasm, if channeled constructively and productively, can bring about a transformational change in my personal life, as I can sometimes struggle with a lack of motivation to do the boring yet important stuff (monthly finances, ugh)

• Being friendly and a decent communicator can allow me access to different perspectives, which will allow me to broaden my mind and my ability to think and perceive.

@Hope

it was interesting to me to look at the chart of my different traits.  Most of them were pretty much in the center except for the one about being helpful trusting, and empathetic.  That was off the chart all the way to the right.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

my strengths are helpful, trusting, and empathetic.

My strengths from both tests help me to have fulfilling relationships.  I am naturally a person who likes to help others and as such, I usually have a lot to offer in my personal and professional relationships.

@Hope here is my reply.

@starryCandy6123

im also a worrier and more on the empathetic side.  It’s good to connect with people who are like me!

Soul576 November 29th, 2023

@Kristynsmama

You seem like a very well-rounded person, I'm so glad you're volunteering here. I hope this program goes well for you!

CaringSub November 28th, 2023

@Hope

The results were pretty accurate for my current personal life (not work):

1.  Open-mindedness - 53% percentile - I don't typically seek out new experiences (true, now)
  2.  Conscientious -  14% percentile - Messy (true)
  3.  Extraversion - 30% percentile - Shy away from social interactions (true, now)
  4.  Agreeableness -  46% percentile - Neither extremely forgiving, nor irritable ( true, now)
  5.  Negative Emotionality - 44% percentile - Not particularly nervous, nor calm (true, now)

Both tests showed my strengths as being relatively well-rounded and level headed. These strengths can have a very positive impact in my personal life being able to deal with/cope with uncertainty, unexpected issues - whether mental, psychological, physical.

Rosey16 November 30th, 2023

@CaringSub

it seems like you know a lot about your self and you are a well rounded person you are doing amazing

Soul576 November 29th, 2023

@Hope

I learned that I tend to get nervous, but that I am very agreeable and conscientious. I was kinda 50/50 with closed-minded and Open to new experiences, I think it's due to me likely becoming nervous about new experiences, hindering how I live.

Open-Mindedness: Somewhat conventional.

Conscientiousness: Well-organised and are reliable.

Extraversion: Probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.

Agreeableness: Good-natured, courteous, and supportive.

Negative Emotionality: Tend to become anxious or nervous.

Comfortablesmile December 4th, 2023

@Soul576

That's good. 

ReganL December 12th, 2023

@Soul576

We have close to the same results 💜

Keep up the great work and thanks for being you :) 

You've got this!

~ Regan

Rosey16 November 30th, 2023

@Hope

the main things i learned about myself is that i am conventional and that i am very open minded and very socialable.

Open-Mindedness-You are somewhat conventional.

Conscientiousness- You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly

Extraversion- You are neither particularly social or reserved.

Agreeableness- You find it easy to express irritation with others.

Negative Emotionality-You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm.

it can help me in my personal life by helping me with jobs and knowing more about certain traites i have 

crypticwhisperss1 December 11th, 2023

@Rosey16

Hello there! It is impressive that you've discovered many aspects of yourself throughout this test. It is a great opportunity to help you learn about your strengths and weaknesses. I hope that you can utilize these amazing qualities to evolve as a person. You are doing amazing. 😊💗

Comfortablesmile December 4th, 2023

I learnt how reserved I am. I love my space and quiet time. 

My strength are open mindedness and conscientiousness 

Lunaire00 December 10th, 2023

@Comfortablesmile

I am glad you were able to discover more about yourself using the Big 5 Test! 💜

SensitiveHelper03 December 5th, 2023

@Hope

I learned that I am able to open up easily to people about my emotions which is still something I am learning to do.

Open-Mindedness

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.     (Your percentile: 94)

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon.     (Your percentile: 89)

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

You tend to shy away from social situations.     (Your percentile: 30)

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

You find it easy to express irritation with others.     (Your percentile: 23)

Negative Emotionality

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.     (Your percentile: 87)

Lunaire00 December 10th, 2023

My test results for the Big 5 test were not consistent with the results I obtained on the Myer Briggs personality test, and I'm less likely to trust the Big 5 results given how inconsistent they are with my actual personality. 

The Big 5 test did not teach me anything about myself when compared to the Myer Briggs personality test. I found this one to be unreliable and inconsistent. I found the questions to be too broad compared to those on the previous test, and think more specific questions and statements are needed. 

This is also a kind reminder to all that your personality, qualities, traits etc are never defined by a test - only you can define yourself. 💜

This test did not help me identify any strengths. When compared to the Myer Briggs, I learnt that some of my strengths are that I am analytical, open minded and curious, which ties in with what I have learnt about myself as I have grown and matured. These will help me to better understand myself and hone them, and will definitely assist in the way I approach relationships and connections, as well as my tertiary studies.

Lillom December 11th, 2023

@Lunaire00

I agree with some of your ideas, about not trusting the test results. I think our traits will fluctuate during our lifetime, so relying on a single test isn't optimal to our development as individuals. 

While the tests identified areas that we could work on, it doesn't point out the processes to help us reach our goals to create change. It's also not the most specific, and is based on a pre-created framework (i.e. not specific to one's situation and context).

An idea is only an idea unless acted upon, as one would say. While the tests allow some insight into ourselves (a map), it is not the engine which helps us reflect, abstract and create the change we need. 

Pleasure seeing you here Lunaire00

Lillom December 11th, 2023
Results:

Open-mindedness
- 72 - relatively open

Conscientious
- 66 - well-organised & reliable

Extraversion
- 22 - shy away from social situ

Agreeableness
- 85 - good-natured, supportive, courteous

Negative emotionality
- 33 - generally relaxed

Integration concepts from 16 and Big 5:

Curious about world = Thirst of Knowledge + open to new experiences/challenges = Reflect, Learn, Adapt (Flexible + Adaptable)

Adaptability (Kolb's Experiential Cycle) = Long-term planning and criticism approach will get better in the long-run if I keep experimenting with skills to help me stick to the goals I set out (Marginal Gains, 30DP worksheet)

Dependable and reliable (Scheduling and Goal-deadlines are dependent on others, and not myself) = Conscientious for societal benefit

How can strengths in both help in personal life?
Helps me use my strengths to mitigate my weaknesses, to become a better and more satisfied person.
AwarmHEART December 16th, 2023

@Lillom Your traits seem you have the potential to grow better by yourself. Kepp p the great work dear.