Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Efforts & Progress beyond Survival

IsayUncle August 1st

I came to seven cups as a broken man at the age of 61. That was three years ago I have worked hard to rebuild myself. At this moment I feel like I have succeeded and I give thanks to this program, which helped me stay hopeful because of the many members they showed me love and support.

I'm starting this thread to help me excel. I've been blessed to get beyond the struggles of getting out of bed everyday and trying just to function past the bare minimum of staying clean and staying fed.

I have some very big dreams and goals at a very late start in my life. This is my fight to achieve them.

BACK HISTORY - October 2021: Started 7 Cups Deeply depressed and struggled with daily existence.
CURRENT HISTORY - August 2024: Maintained my bills, Aquired equipment, Started business (Currently successful) Aquired friends and Regained some balance with some sence of direction.

EXPECTED LIFE OF THREAD - Until I pay off to two moderately small loans. BUT.... BUT..... BUT.... Within that primary objective are 100's of other ideas and goals to achieve laced with many nuances of intimidation and/or rewards. 

THIS THREAD - Is to help me achieve those 100's of other ideas and goals while paying off my loans.

For the record, anyone is welcome share thier story too about thier Efforts & Progress beyond Survival. 

IsayUncle OP August 1st

August 1 2024.

Fill out vendor applications

Leave house by 8:00am

Tinywhisper11 August 1st

@IsayUncle will just be in your corner rooting for you ❤ and cheering you on 😁

BlueDarkAurora August 2nd

@Tinywhisper11 me as well 

dog-chair-dog.gif

IsayUncle OP August 2nd

Thursday 8:00 PM. I'm just getting home from work. I made a good day's pay but all my personal stuff is way behind and I never did the vendor paperwork I wanted to do today.

I know I'm drinking too much lately. Not getting drunk stupid or drinking on the job. But when I'm not on a job or as soon as I get off the job a drink is calming me down, two or three of them is good.

I have a long history with alcohol as my entire family does but I never felt the need for it. From high school, into the service, single life, married life times 2, I've always drank and through all these stages they were large variations of the way that I drink. I've only drank beer. Of course on occasion the mixed drinks and the shots and stuff like that but basically beer was what I drank and other than a hot summer day and a hard day's work I never really craved to drink. I drank to party I drank to get drunk I drank to play cards but it was just a thing to do.

At this late stage in my life, I have discovered mixed drinks Oh my God they are so good. Tom Collins screwdrivers the mule drinks. Especially in these hot summer days and with ice cubes and I find myself really craving them everyday.

I did drink late this afternoon into the evening and I know it's making me tired and dehydrating me I should drink water and be eating salads or something..... 

This is the first time in my life that I felt the need to have a drink to move forward. I don't think that's a good development. At the same time I do deserve the relief. I have been working so freaking hard without a break.

IsayUncle OP August 2nd

8/02/2004 Friday: I got another paying job today. Leave house by 7am.

Everything else... clean kitchen... fold laundry.... redo dog beds.... Do the vendor form

Do the vendor form..... Get ready for work and try to make time for the vendor form.

IsayUncle OP August 2nd

8/02/2004 Friday: 

Everything else... clean kitchen... fold laundry.... redo dog beds.... Do the vendor form

More stuff..... Prepare foods from fridge before spoilage.... Restraw dog houses and kennels..... Repair hot water heater.... Repair brakes on truck..... Prepare for Nephew  visit..... More than weed-eat, De-jungle yard.... Download windows 11..... 

IsayUncle OP August 2nd

I have a rain day today so I'm home I just feel like going to bed. I have to make today count. I must! i'm gonna get a load of laundry and then work on the vendor report.

IsayUncle OP August 2nd

Laundry started, dishes soaking...... Review vendor application

IsayUncle OP August 2nd

I am absolutely overwhwelmed. Face it! Own it! Beat it!

DO SOMETHING TONIGHT!

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

8/2/24 

image_1722648194.png

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

image_1722649083.png

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

image_1722651006.png

Spruce7179 August 3rd

@IsayUncle Just reading through your posts has helped me. Thank you.

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

@Spruce7179

That's great. I'm glad. Unexpected good benefits happens sometimes when we just keep trying. You being helped is a good thing. Thanks for sharing.

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

image_1722661656.png

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

------FROM PREVIOUS ILLUSTRATIONS------

Find the missing task(s)-(Completed)
Find the additional task(s)-(Added) 

image_1722676545.png

Tinywhisper11 August 3rd

@IsayUncle I'm v envsioning helping you with your work load. That's the best I can do to help ❤ if you like we can record my voice with some motivation phrases😁 you can play it on repeat in the background😂😂😂

"Do it now!! Go faster!!! I believe in you!!!! Want a hug? Well clean that first!!! Go to bed!!! You missed a spot!! 😁

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

I LOVE IT! That would be so awesome! AND YES, thanx for the hugs!

slowdecline48 August 4th

@IsayUncle @Tinywhisper11

Websearch "Vocaroo"...you find it & you can record your speech, then send the link to someone.

slowdecline48 August 4th

@IsayUncle I can relate to how that image-list built up through the last few entries...recently kicked off what will be a major change in my life. Now the real work begins.

IsayUncle OP August 3rd

image_1722699064.png

IsayUncle OP August 4th

8/3/24 -1

Spot the differences from previous post 😁

image_1722760955.png

Tinywhisper11 August 4th

@IsayUncle yaaaay! You did the dog beds😁 well done uncle ❤❤ 

dogs-dog.gif

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@Tinywhisper11

Hi..... YEP but yoUUUUU missed one 🤣

Good to see you 💖

mytwistedsoul August 4th

@IsayUncle You folded the laundry but added sorting the guest room?  Do you actually put the laundry away after you fold it? 

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@mytwistedsoul

yes haha

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@IsayUncle

ps.... btw... good eye.👀 🤣. I hope you're having a great day!

IsayUncle OP August 4th

8/3/24 -2

Spot the differences from previous post 😁
image_1722768510.png

slowdecline48 August 4th

@IsayUncle The more you get done the more there is to do, it seems. C'est la vie. That's why we prioritize tasks.

May I ask what kind of business you're in?...it's great that it is succeeding.

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@slowdecline48

I was able to get some used equipment very cheap and started doing some back-*** work, septic systems and hauling gravel. Of course the equipment that I bought needs a lot of maintenance. But I'm getting the customers and getting the business so that is an awesome starting point I'm very thankful for. 😀.

slowdecline48 August 4th

@IsayUncle That's good fortune indeed. Rough work but it's the kind that is always in demand somewhere. Best of all, you deal with clients as equals instead of having to please a boss all the time.

IsayUncle OP August 5th

@slowdecline48

True.... but Soooome people sometimes.... lol 😁 🤣. Still better than a boss everyday for sure!

BlueDarkAurora August 4th

@IsayUncle hmm guest room's been sorted with folded laundry ('-' ) 

Hope you are taking care of yourself and taking breaks whenever needed ^^

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@BlueDarkAurora

Good catch.😁Thanks Blue. Brain dead determine breaktimes, which is much more than any company would pay for. plenty of downtime sometimes.... hahahaha

BlueDarkAurora August 4th

@IsayUncle @_@ are you going on autopilot? Please know that you're already doing so much ^^ sometimes no matter how much we get done it never feels enough to make a dent when there's so much to do x_x so go easy on yourself :) You've got this! 

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@BlueDarkAurora

Thank You, You're Awesome! 😀

Tommy1971 August 4th

I feel you, man. I've also started over at midlife, been in a chronic state of survival for years, and it becomes the norm. Things are looking better, and I find it hard to feel safe and "normal". I told my partner I need to ease into being home more and not working 16 hour days.

IsayUncle OP August 4th

@Tommy1971

Thanks, I'm really glad things are looking better for you too. 16 hour days take it out of us and it would be really nice if you could ease into some more time at home. That would be awesome. I wish you the best, you can do it.

Tinywhisper11 August 5th

@IsayUncle here you deserve this

beer-beer-time.gif

IsayUncle OP August 5th

@Tinywhisper11

Oh No.... our threads are morphing together. thanks and Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!... oh yeaaaa.