Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

my journal: various subjects, opinionating, CW at times

slowdecline48 June 24th, 2022

The title explains itself.

If you're interested in the ramblings of a middle-aged man with chronic conditions who, at times, sees things a little too clearly for his own good, then read on.

Sometimes I get political, but it won't be all the time.

I don't mind comments in general but if you're going to differ with what I write, that's fine--as long as you can explain your position clearly & reasonably. Rants, shouting & general incoherence will be ignored or flagged, depending on the situation. Try to remember that not everyone else in this world holds your beliefs.

Every so often I may post art or snapshots of projects I'm working on.

If you're still interested after reading all the above, great. (I do wonder at how much time you have on your hands, though)

slowdecline48 OP March 30th

@Tinywhisper11 Now I'm wondering what you would do with a frozen banana...would you throw it at his head? Or let it thaw a bit & slip it under his foot just before he takes a step, so he slips & falls?...

But seriously, the guy meant no harm. He just tagged me in a post where he brought up a subject I'm not comfortable with. I asked him not to tag me in the future; he was polite enough to agree.

Tinywhisper11 March 31st

@slowdecline48 nah! you know banana up🍑😏

Puts banana back in the freezer for next time😁

slowdecline48 OP March 31st

😆 That's disgusting!... 😂 It's a d**n good thing I'm not in that care home with you. We'd get to plotting & pulling off hijinks, & eventually get kicked out with nowhere to go once the staff & elderly inmates had enough.

Of course I would always sleep sitting up &/or with my back to the nearest wall. 😖

Tinywhisper11 March 31st

@slowdecline48 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

slowdecline48 OP May 18th

It's strange, Lo...but after several weeks, looking at this again, I still find it funny.

I'm a weirdo. 😜

slowdecline48 OP March 29th

memory_1711720065.png

From a few weeks ago. Yes, I did the best I could...but in the real world doing one's best isn't always enough. The occurrence I was talking about still occurs to me from time to time.

I don't think I will forget that poor girl's post, & my response to it, for a good while.

Wondering if I should maybe stay out of here for a few days or a week...

mytwistedsoul March 29th

@slowdecline48  I know there are things I've read here and people I've talked with that have stuck with me. There was a young woman just earlier this week. They ended up deleting her thread because of "the rules" I'm hoping she's ok. I'll never really know I guess. It gets frustrating because there's only so much you can do here. I get the rules and the needing to be safe online but it sucks 

Tinywhisper11 March 30th

@mytwistedsoul I hope she is ok too. We did our best ❤

slowdecline48 OP March 31st

Something I've had to learn, Twisty: We cannot save everyone in trouble because we're only mortal men.

There is only so much you can do at any given time. All you can do is your best. Sometimes it's good enough & we succeed; other times it's not. When it's not, all we can do is remember that we did what we could to help, & let everything else slide.

It's not an easy lesson to deal with. But we have to....even when we're left with memories that are less than pleasant.

Tinywhisper11 March 30th

@slowdecline48 hugs you tightly ❤

Getting tired now...

To do: clean the chain & gears on the old horse, lube it. Then sleep enough for energy, & ride again...will have to be sometime next week. 😵

WeEarth March 30th

@slowdecline48

Any name for the horse?

Tinywhisper11 March 30th

@WeEarth nah, he rides through the streets in a horse with no name😎

@Tinywhisper11 😮 That is the most bada.ss statement I've heard/read about me so far...thank you, Lo.

Am laying down right now because of back pain (this time I dunno why it's there), but your reply improved my morning just a tad.

Tinywhisper11 March 31st

@slowdecline48 yay! I helped😁 

Tinywhisper11 March 30th

@slowdecline48 good night ❤❤ I love you ❤

slowdecline48 OP April 1st

Tomorrow follows this Easter Sunday (which I'm glad is mostly over)*...will the rehab place still be open? I would assume so. Us cripples need our physical therapy, etc. no matter what day it is.

Got a small project mostly done now but am quite unsatisfied with it. To be frank, it looks kinda s***ty. Oh well...I learned a couple things in the process. Mostly I learned that my technique needs to improve. 😒

No, I am not posting any pics. Anything that goes up here has to be half-decent, at least.

Aside from that, it's the usual...so much to do, & not enough energy to do it all. When I do have energy I'd rather not be at home, period.

I'll be back when I come back.

*In case you haven't figured it out, gentle reader, I'm not a fan of holidays in general. Most celebrations seem silly or stupid, with the sole exception of Festivus Day. That is the only holiday I like, although I haven't celebrated it with anyone thus far.

Tinywhisper11 April 1st

@slowdecline48 dont worry lola to the rescue *pulls superman pose* I'll eat twice the ammount of chocolate eggs, enough for the two of us 😋

Edit: 7:30 in the morning is not an appropriate time to call me, Ms. Office Flack... What the actual f***.
...Christ in a f***ing Pinto, I hate day people.

2nd Edit: Am also kinda bummed out, because Dusty Hill has been dead for a while now. 

slowdecline48 OP April 2nd

Am posting cycling memes because I feel like it. If they annoy you, blame @Tinywhisper11 because she inspired me.  😁

bikertypes1_1712044687.jpg

bikertypes2_1712044704.jpg
I've been the two on the left, lots.

biketypes_1712044783.png

morecyclingmemes_1712044861.png

Tinywhisper11 April 2nd

@slowdecline48 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 awsome😂😂😂

slowdecline48 OP April 2nd

https://www.reddit.com/r/japannews/comments/1b739hu/uber_eats_to_start_robot_deliveries_in_central/

If Uber tries to bring them in here, I predict at least 20% of all orders won't make it to the customers...those robots would be very easy to rob.

Tinywhisper11 April 3rd

@slowdecline48 oooo! I wouldn't of thought of that! Lola is going to Japan yaaaaay!

slowdecline48 OP April 3rd

You'll have to learn some basic Japanese, then...it's not an easy language for westerners like you & me. In Japan they have three different alphabets; one of them has several thousand written characters in it. The English language has 26 letters. (This is one reason why Japanese & Chinese people tend to be smart)

Tinywhisper11 April 3rd

@slowdecline48 damn! That's not worth the free food. I'll just stay here

Some nights, some days...I am tired in my bones.

Tinywhisper11 April 3rd

@slowdecline48 poor bones😞 hey! Maybe it's because your getting old and shrinking! Your bones bound to hurt when your shrinking😁

I just came back from having xrays and stuff done, my body and mind is tired too 

let's sulk together ❤

@Tinywhisper11 How 'bout let's lay down... (not together, obviously) I'm doing that right now. It's been raining all morning over here. Perfect day for it.

Tinywhisper11 April 3rd

@slowdecline48 yes sleep sounds nice ❤

Posting again because there's not much else to do for me today...

econfuel_1712177819.png

re-reprices_1712177839.png

That last might not be such a bad thing, for some of us.

slowdecline48 OP April 4th

So I managed to get more sleep than usual...woke up with a *** headache. Of course. No respite from Meniere's disease.

I've been bummed out lately & waking up like this didn't help. I'd still like to think I've gained some perspective now...maybe I shouldn't always gaze into the far future, since I already know what waits there. More lately, there's this:

ag-2023-24-apr03-23-2115hrs_1712197645.png
price of Ag per oz. in a year's time, as of 9:15 this evening

I wonder what it'll do...there was that big dip in Nov-Dec of last year. Will the current rise match the drop?...gotta keep an eye on it.

I can tell you this, gentle reader: if you want to know what's happening in the world of finance, one thing you must do is watch the charts. Whatever asset class you are interested in, you don't know jacques merde if you are not tracking price action. It has always been so.

Tinywhisper11 April 4th

@slowdecline48 I have absolutely no idea what your talking about. So I'm just gonna nod and agree😎

slowdecline48 OP April 4th

"President Xi Jinping envisions China as the preeminent power in East Asia and as a leading power on the world stage. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) will attempt to preempt challenges to its reputation and legitimacy, undercutting U.S. influence, driving wedges between Washington and its partners, and fostering global norms that favor its authoritarian system. Most significantly, the People’s Republic of China (PRC) will press Taiwan on unification, an effort that will create critical friction points with the United States. Despite economic setbacks, China’s leaders will maintain statist economic policies to steer capital toward priority sectors, reduce dependence on foreign technologies, and enable military modernization."

- excerpt, Annual Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Communityfrom the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, February 5, 2024

This will probably be the last post for a bit, unless I have more free time than I expect. Adios, amigos.

mytwistedsoul April 5th

@slowdecline48  Take care Slow

Tinywhisper11 April 5th

@mytwistedsoul hi soul ❤❤

mytwistedsoul April 5th

@Tinywhisper11 Hey Tiny ❤️❤️

Tinywhisper11 April 5th

@slowdecline48 don't stay away to long😥😥 take me with you😭😭

agnes-cute.gif

@slowdecline48

Don't be a stranger