Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can't do this alone

barncat April 4th, 2020

Find myself gravitating back to 7 cups trying to make sense of the new normal. So many life changes in the last 2 years. Wondering if I have the "strength" to wade through this biggest hurdle of global pandemic. Feels like the rug has been pulled out from under me. Looking for balance and especially Patience.

barncat OP February 7th, 2021

Wow another week gone by- time to reflect on this weeks events- or plan for another one. Positive is got out more- dragged myself out of the house a few times. Good to have an acupuncture session- really helped that day. ANd dropped in on the vet to look at my little dog's eye. Had a quick shopping time- and back home to my safe place. Find it hard to go out - not my previous feelings at all. Then had a farrier appt on Wednesday. It all seems so long ago today.

barncat OP February 19th, 2021

@NoneTheWiser- thank you for inquiring- today is another day. We need to enjoy each moment.

barncat OP March 16th, 2021

Finally realizing the isolation will be slowly changing. As more are getting vaccinated in my community- we are all venturing out. Still wearing masks and social distancing, but feeling hopeful.

barncat OP March 19th, 2021

Feeling a little worn out after a busy day on the mainland. So many uplifting encounters with strangers. Met a lovely "older" lady simply walking my dog. Been a long time since felt like connected to a kindred spirit- and hope to talk with her again. It was so refreshing after over a year feeling isolated on the island. Then took my new little dog to the dog park for the first time- since he is older all he wanted to enjoy were all the new smells. But what fun visiting with other dog owners.

barncat OP March 25th, 2021

Writing this post today in gratitude of my husband. Often relationships are trying and challenging. But yesterday and today he rose to the challenge and is leaving to deal with an off island problem. I appreciate his committment to our material possessions, that often feel they own us. Hoping the situation will start to find resolution.

juliak1968 March 27th, 2021

@barncat

Very true and insightful

Our possesions can own us lol

barncat OP April 4th, 2021

Often feel I am really alone in my relationship. Priorities are different, and even though he does the most of the responsiblities it feels as though I am the one who needs to initiate any changes. It has exhausted me for the past 20 years- to the point I have lost a lot of my own personal initiative. How do I pick myself up daily and move forward- feeling like I am pushing a boulder uphill all of the time.

barncat OP April 9th, 2021

Feel like I have dropped into the dark hole again. Just as I was crawling out of it. Just dont have the resilience to push through new problems. Actual tangible projects that need to be coordinated. Lean on my partner too much because somehow he can cope with everything slowly. It makes me feel inadequate- which really hasnt been my role for most of my adult life. Being retired has thown me for a loop during the pandemic. Cut off from new relationships and community activities. Leaning on my animals for emotional support- not really their role though.

calmCake1350 April 10th, 2021

@barncat Sending you strenght, dearest. I'll keep you in my thoughts heart

barncat OP April 11th, 2021

@calmCake1350- thank you. THat was so sweet of you. Wishing you a great week.

barncat OP May 18th, 2021

yeah- got an email from a friend who wants to meet up for burgers. Really miss hanging out with her- drifted apart during the pandemic. Also had a dinner over at a friends house couple weeks ago. So wonderful to visit at someone else's home- we were all vaccinated so felt safe.

barncat OP June 15th, 2021

Yeah, an invitation to a riding class off island, but now I am anxious planning schedules and the logistics of the short trip.

mytwistedsoul June 16th, 2021

@barncat Sounds like fun though :) probably difficult to set things up with feeding and stuff I bet

barncat OP June 16th, 2021

@mytwistedsoul- yep- I am almost chickening out. But got horse care arranged. Tragic how being isolated for the past 1 1/2 has impacted my courage and flexibility. Hope you are well. Thank for the reply.

mytwistedsoul June 21st, 2021

@barncat Hey :) How are you? Did you get to your riding class? I hope it went ok :)

barncat OP June 21st, 2021

@mytwistedsoul- we did. Learned some new things-reinforced other areas already knew. Most importantly appreciate our own horses. Rode someone elses trail horses- they wanted nothing to do with an arena. Thanks for asking!!

mytwistedsoul June 22nd, 2021

@barncat You're welcome. Its probably like driving someone else's car lol! It all the same but just doesn't feel right. I'm glad you got to go though! :)

barncat OP June 22nd, 2021

@mytwistedsoul- I love that comparison- only difference is our cars dont have a mind of its own. Or maybe some cars do have their tempermental natures too!

mytwistedsoul June 23rd, 2021

@barncat Good point! OMG - how scary would that be? Having your car spook because of a plastic bag - LOL!

Sorry just saw this - had to share
barncat OP June 23rd, 2021

@mytwistedsoul- thank you for my morning chuckle. I havent worked with plastic bags- taking some to the field today!! Maybe some stuffed animals too.

@barncat 🙂 you're welcome

barncat OP February 10th, 2022

It is helpful to read old posts. Gone through a lot in the last two years. So many losses. so many great new friends here on 7 cups. Realizing how important my real life friends are in my life. Just getting ready to return home after an impromptu trip to visit a dear friend who broke her ankle. Connections with each other is what really matters in life. Yep - love is what it is all about. ❤️

barncat OP February 15th, 2022

Weathering through another crazy couple of days trying to figure out - do I stay or do I go. Thank heavens I have dear friends who listen and impart wise words.

mytwistedsoul February 17th, 2022

@barncat You've been on my mind the past few days. It was really nice that you could help your injured friend out for a while and probably helped to get away for a while. I hope that Things work out for what ever is best. I don't know a whole lot about relationships - the. Except that they're complicated lol. So I'll hush now but I'm leaving you a big hug ❤

barncat OP February 24th, 2022

I wonder what I will be doing a week, month, year from now. The reality is a lot of the future is malleable by our attitude.

mytwistedsoul April 4th, 2022
@barncat Hey you :) Just wanted to pop in and say hey. You've been in my thoughts - I know you have alot going on right now so I'm sending you some strength ❤
barncat OP April 5th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- thank you. I made a decision to reconcile- lots of reasons. Appreciate the warm thoughts. How have you been? Your check in's really mean a lot to me. 🐴🐴

mytwistedsoul April 6th, 2022

@barncat You're welcome ❤️ Hey it says alot that you decided to reconcile - no matter what the reasons - you're fighting for it - I think too many times people just walk without fighting at all - I am cheering you on and wishing you both the best!

I've been struggling with a few things tbh - but it'll be ok - thank you for asking

Thank you for saying that - I worry that I'm just being annoying most of the time lol

barncat OP April 7th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- you are NEVER annoying inquiring and replying to posts. Hope this week gives you some relief from your struggles. The one positive thing about wrestling with life's issues is we appreciate the calm peaceful days more than most.

mytwistedsoul April 8th, 2022

@barncat Thank you ❤️ Oh god yeah - I have new appreciation for those calm peaceful days

*hugs to you and the boys* carrots and cookies too :)

cyanPlatypus6370 April 7th, 2022

Our dear 'cat of the barn'... Hi! I read what you said above about you reading back things you've been dealing with (back about two years? i think you said). This is one of the reasons I go back just whenever and review what I've written - mostly on paper - in my journal or therapy notes and such. Sometimes I get to feeling like stuff is still the same and when will things change for GOOD. So reading things that I've written in the past can be helpful that stuff is different now or things can change FOR me, too.

Christmas says Hello too; even though she's mostly asleep over on her pink and flowery blanket (I did not chose the fabric. But hey, free is free, right?). We finally got to go play with our neighbor's kid in the early evening time tonight. He is very much into dogs, and I'm trying to get Christmas to learn more social things. At this time though it is more of me (and his mom) teaching young-gentleman to be kind and help Christmas to like him. He is not mean to her; he is just very active and moves quickly (which is scary for my dear furry one). Ya know it's called being age 12, after a long day at school, and the excitement of sharing a dog for some minutes. :)

Me? Well that's a story too. I'm thankful we've moved on to April. It's like somehow I have permission to be excited that Easter is coming now, which is really very good because I desperately need something to be excited for, something to look forward to. Definite prayers and hugs all appreciated. Sending you hugs too! ((( H U G )))) <3 Platy

barncat OP April 9th, 2022

@cyanPlatypus6370=we survived that last two years. Halleluia!! New problems and drama seem to take the place of resolved issues. Learning to stay healthy mentally, physically day by day. My little dog is charming all he meets. Spring is definately here, flowers are blooming and by gosh the wind is howling. Enjoy the longer days with Christmas. Hugs to you.

mytwistedsoul April 27th, 2022

@barncat Hey :) you've been in my thoughts so I thought I'd pop in and say hey ❤️

barncat OP April 28th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- once again your timing is impeccable. It has been a rough couple of weeks. My little dog was under the weather - requiring a vet visit. Broke my heart to have him not his usual lively happy self. And dont get me started on relationship issue. Five months separated and counting. Not been easy and am getting so emotionally exhausted, but at least am so much better than the last several years. Thank you so much for your concern. ❤️🐴🐴❤️

mytwistedsoul April 29th, 2022

@barncat I'm sorry its been rough :( Oh no! I hope he's ok now and it was nothing serious. I know exactly what you mean though - that feeling that your heart just sank into your stomach

I'm glad things are better than they were but hopefully it gets easier though so the exhaustion lifts

*sending you strength and leaving a big hug for you and the boys* ❤️

barncat OP May 4th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- thank you once again. I know I can count on you for concern and warm thoughts. Life sure has ups and downs - doesnt it! My little dog is better - simply overdid his leaping around. He thinks he is a young puppy. And my relationship is entering a calmer, less dramatic phase - thank heavens. Appreciate the words of comfort. Hope you are having a good entry into spring. Flowers coming up brightening the world. ❤️

mytwistedsoul May 6th, 2022

@barncat Aww I'm glad he's ok :) they sure like to make us humans worry though don't they? Hey! That's great to hear! I'm so glad things have calmed down and there's less drama! Good for you! I know things have been pretty stressful for you for quite a while - so I think this is just awesome and I am so happy for you! ❤️

Yes! Spring is finally here! The plants are growing and the birds singing like crazy!

juliak1968 May 6th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

@barncat

How Ya'all doing tonight? 😊

Nice description of Spring!~

Blessings, Day

mytwistedsoul May 6th, 2022

@juliak1968 Hey Day :) it was a beautiful evening to sit on the porch and listen to the peepers

Thank you for asking :) How was your evening? OH! How's the painting going? Did you get to start your model club?