Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can't do this alone

barncat April 4th, 2020

Find myself gravitating back to 7 cups trying to make sense of the new normal. So many life changes in the last 2 years. Wondering if I have the "strength" to wade through this biggest hurdle of global pandemic. Feels like the rug has been pulled out from under me. Looking for balance and especially Patience.

juliak1968 May 6th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

I have the art group once a week and enjoy the challenges, skill may come later lol I painted the 2 flowers holding hands in my profile photo, and I'll take a photo of my first model and put it there tomorrow if I don't forget. Its an early Ford F100 about 1953-1955. We had a 6 week setback as the case worker is out for surgery and recovery time. We will set up the little club by July, hopefully. I think the first meeting we can vote on a name of the club Maybe. Art and models seem to be a good fit / distraction :-)

Blessings!~

mytwistedsoul May 7th, 2022

@juliak1968 Hey they look nice! You used to make metal flowers too right? I'm sorry if I'm misremembering. They looked really cool. I think the ones you painted look nice - delicate -that might not be the word I want. There's detail to them - the skill is allready there :) I took an art therapy class every Saturday back before things went goofy with this virus. It was fun

The model looks awesome - I googled it lol :) but that'll look nice when it's done! That will be something exciting to look forward to for the summer

You know - I'm really proud of you. You kept at it and persevered and things have really turned around for you and I think it's so awesome to see how far you've come

Stay awesome Day ❤️

juliak1968 May 7th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

I do make flowers out of paper and did one for Bones a long time ago out of aluminum that came out nice. I just put a photo of my F100 Ford model as my profile pic

Thank you for the nice kind words!~ We all rise together!!

Blessings, Day

mytwistedsoul May 9th, 2022

@juliak1968 Hey your model looks awesome! Very nice - it would be so cool to have a real one like that!
That's the one I remember! *sigh* Bones 😞 I miss seeing him around

juliak1968 May 9th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you!~ I just put the front hood on so that it opens forward instead of the normal way - I'm glad you saw it, I'll update the photo when I finish the model, I need more supplies very soon. I feel as though Bones is on the other side now 😢- no way he wouldn't have contacted us all by now. Distractions and routines seems like the key to a better mental health, Squeeze in a hobby that pleases you!~

Blessings, Day

barncat OP May 15th, 2022

Posting from across the country - on a visit to my family. Feeling trapped in the home and bored all at the same time. Longing to go home again, but know it is only two weeks out of my life to spend time here.

barncat OP June 7th, 2022

OMG, rough weekend again. Why does life have to be so hard. If I simply ignore and pretend I am not bothered by what he says to me = then I guess there would be no drama. But that is how I have lived the past 25 years and the result is a lot of resentment and anger which manifests as depression. Not a good way to live. Please give me strength to move forward in this phase of my life.

mytwistedsoul June 7th, 2022

@barncat I'm sorry the weekend was so rough. It's hard to just ignore things sometimes. Especially if it's been going on for so long. Like you said - it builds up. And it builds up on the inside and you're right - it not a good way to live. My therapist says that keeping quiet all the time to keep the peace is an act of self betrayal and yeah it keeps the peace on the outside but does nothing for your inner peace. Of course we can't just go around telling everyone off either. I think maybe it's one of those pick your battles things

*leaving a big hug and sending you strength* ❤️

barncat OP June 13th, 2022

Heavens, I need to keep myself way more busy to get out of my head. Spending too much time trying to figure out next move, why he says what he does etc etc. It is NOT my job to be an analyist. But at the same time, I want to understand what is happening. I really cannot take on this life challenge alone. The past three years have almost always been hell. So many losses, so many disappointments. Thank heavens for my irl friends, and everyone here in 7 cups.

juliak1968 June 14th, 2022

@barncat

Sends Strength and friendship!~

mytwistedsoul June 14th, 2022

@barncat I'm sorry to hear about Duke. I read your other thread and I'm just so sorry - with everything you've been dealing with

*sending good vibes to you and the boys* ❤️

barncat OP June 26th, 2022

Many thanks to all the wonderful other members. Signed up for therapy again. So hopefully wont feel I am doing it all alone.

mytwistedsoul July 29th, 2022

@barncat Hey you :) you've been in my thoughts for quite awhile - so I'm dropping off a big safe hug and sending you good vibes ❤️

mytwistedsoul December 6th, 2022

@barncat Hey :) you have been in my thoughts for quite awhile. I hope things are going ok in your world ❤️

barncat OP December 7th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- think of you when I sign into this site. My little dog is recovering from a broken leg.

I am making lemonade from the lemons of life. Having a blast lately horse shopping. Finally feeling more like my old self of YEARS ago. Sending you warm wishes and a big hug.😍🐴🐴😍

mytwistedsoul December 8th, 2022

@barncat Oh no! Poor little Diego! I hope he's healing up good *sends healing vibes to little Diego* ❤️

Oh that's so great! 😊 I'm so glad you're having fun horse shopping! And feeling like old yourself - that is awesome! Yay you!!

Sending warm wishes back and a big hug to you and cookies and carrots for the boys ❤️😊❤️

barncat OP December 18th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- diego is mending quickly. all to the thanks of a wonderful vet who operated on him - bless her heart. 😍

mytwistedsoul December 20th, 2022

@barncat That's great! Good vets are worth their weight in gold arent they? 😊

Give Diego a gentle squeeze for me and carrots to the boys ❤️

The biggest hugs for you ❤️ 😊 ❤️

barncat OP December 18th, 2022

When I started this thread it was because of the covid pandemic. So many changes and life struggles since then. And how true - no one can get through life alone. I am blessed with the 7 cups family - were always there, and still are. And many dear friends in my real life, thank heavens. Couldn't do it without each one of you.

mytwistedsoul December 20th, 2022

@barncat Hey again lol :)

Needed to drop off a Christmas rattie ❤️

_1671500263.image.png

Merry Christmas Barncat. I hope you have a good holiday! ❤️

barncat OP December 24th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul- Have a great holiday season too. Just getting my decorations out.