Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can't do this alone

barncat April 4th, 2020

Find myself gravitating back to 7 cups trying to make sense of the new normal. So many life changes in the last 2 years. Wondering if I have the "strength" to wade through this biggest hurdle of global pandemic. Feels like the rug has been pulled out from under me. Looking for balance and especially Patience.

barncat OP April 28th, 2020

maybe i really should concentrate on the fantastic things in my life- ah but they are just things. and when we are gone, noone cares about our stuff. how did our society get so obsessed with acquisition of material wealth. it is love and people that matter. and now cant even spend time with people. what is the answer. i am tired of my mental chatter

barncat OP May 12th, 2020

now it is almost the middle of may- somehow made it to this date intact. Still feel so isolated even though been able to connect with some soul almost daily. It just feels so weird- cant shake off the sense of despair. Why do I feel this way and others are flourishing. Must just be time to get over the pity party of uncertainty and enjoy each day for its own blessings.

barncat OP May 20th, 2020

Curiously it is easier to type on this diary rather than write in my journal- a bit more impersonal as typing is universal. and handwriting is individual. Each day is a struggle to climb out of bed and find a reason to go on. Nothing seems to give me solace or peace. Off and on through the years depression has reared its ugly head. But now the whole body of depression is sitting right next to me. I read somewhre that we are supposed to write until the pain is gone. I wonder how long i will have to type before the hurt gets easier. At least it is doable to type instead of write. No where in my life is simple and uncomplicated. How did it get so convoluted and expensive. All those material objects ask for attention. And now there is no way to move the mountains of stuff on.

juliak1968 May 22nd, 2020

@barncat

We must remember to self care, forget responsibilities for the length of a good movie, or stand up comedy act. I know its hard to allow ourselves to enjoy something.....but we simply must make time for ourselves for some enjoyment

Blessings👍😊

barncat OP May 22nd, 2020

@juliak1968- so after reading your post i looked up comedy on Netflix and found some funny tv series. Thank you for that simple suggestion. Maybe watching Criminal Minds was a terrible idea. I hope you are getting through each day also. Big cat hugs.

@barncat

You're welcome! It was suggested to me less than a week ago and it worked for me too, I had watched "Extracted" and it triggered a 2 day ptsd breakdown. Comedy, then Disney 👍😊

@juliak1968

It was Extraction

barncat OP May 22nd, 2020

@juliak1968- yes, our minds work in strange ways- unable to differentiate viewed movies from reality sometimes. Disney movies sound like another great idea.

juliak1968 May 31st, 2020

@barncat

Big Cat Hugs

(Really big cat) H U G S

barncat OP June 1st, 2020

@juliak1968- THANK you for the big cat hugs. My therapist was able to help me wade through issues last year. Right now I am really at wits end and just cant motivate during the covid changes- it feels like adding insult to injury. I was just starting to recover from losses and changes. Each day is so so hard to get up and put one foot in front of the other. I am not sure therapy is enough.

juliak1968 June 2nd, 2020

@barncat

I just got a new therapist who is very educated and who has lots of experience with issues like mine, tsd, depression, manic, etc. This is my first real (sit in the same room) therapy. I noticed that quickly i just liked feeling somebody genuinely cares, but then i also quickly reminded myself of the struggles ive done alone, and i plan on really listening to her, and not getting lazy now that i have this awesome help. She is making me understand how help works, such as what role each person has and to hold each accountable to their duties, including myself. Ive been suffering more constantly lately and i think its because im thinking and trying to un-wrap my mind from some old ways of thinking, and trying to let the hope im seeing begin to thrive. Stay hopeful and grateful. We finally have the help and now we have to keep our eyes on the prize 😊👍

barncat OP June 2nd, 2020

@juliak1968- you have no idea how uplifting it was to get your reply. Oh yes- I wasnt going to check in on 7 cups again this morning- but so glad i did. Your description of not being lazy- to realize that others feel the same way. I have been avoiding the "work" of getting better. So I emailed back to my therapist- now i have further steps to take- but your reminder puts it in perspective. THank you so very much- we will take this journey one day at a time.

juliak1968 June 2nd, 2020

@barncat

Thats great to hear ive talked you into joining us back on our path. We need to walk with a freind and give eachother a gentle push some times. Im ready and going for it 3 days straight, but then need that "Me" day to watch a movie or sit at my bench in peace 😁 the price is wonderful, but we should also enjoy the journey too 👍

barncat OP June 3rd, 2020

@juliak1968- the day is sunny - and i will put my best foot forward today. It is all we have- to be here now. Thank you for the lovely colorful showers . I think every color is precious.

juliak1968 June 3rd, 2020

@barncat

My head needed today off, and my body was worn out from helping a freind install a shower door. By 2 i was asleep but by 2:30 i was back awake because one of the guys knocked and ran. I guess its payback from when we did that to a house when i was 6 yrs old........lolz, but i was 6 yrs old😲

Glad to have freinds to talk about all we see and learn on nature's-mental-health path!🖒🖒♩🎶🎵

barncat OP June 4th, 2020

@juliak1968- omg i just realized got my days mixed up- was supposed to have appt with online therapist tomorrow at 0800- and rescheduled it for 1300 on 6/3- thinking it was thursday. How could i be so stupid and forgetful- guess it will be up to me to set things right. I had always been organized for my appts before.

juliak1968 June 4th, 2020

@barncat

As they do say......shhhhhhh it happens. Im realizing all the pressure we put on ourselves (and others) makes for higher pressures and less joys, so we should really try to practice for very regular mindfullness like about every 30 minutes, finding a way to deregulate on a schedule. I think we can retrain ourselves to have real good control. Its a good goal to try for. Turning off stress, anxiery, and ptsd symptoms really could be sovery helpful. No worries when an appointmwnt gwts missed, they do it to us, and we are equals. My last 3 phone appointments were all late and i had to call to get them to honor their appointments. I owe them a no show or 2 down the road lolz

Dont sweat the little things😊

Have a nice night - Blessings!🖒🎶🎵🎼♩

barncat OP June 11th, 2020

@juliak1968- trying to get back on track- finally sat down and did some of my therapy goal setting- about time!! It is so easy to distract myself with other stuff- that doesnt matter- and avoid the hard work of self exploration. Yikes. Thinking about your journey too. Take care.

juliak1968 June 11th, 2020

@barncat

Im happy to have a face to face appointment tomorrow with my new therapist, thete was a problem with my insurance so she changed her prices from $130 to $30, so i could still see her. I just feel like im in excellent hands and she sees and knows how to fix me up right, so im trusting and doing everything she reccommends from now on. It really feels good to have somebody to help guide us back to a full life. Ill enjoy the journey and focus humbley because my way of my getting in my own way cant ever work 😊 I hope you are lucky and have found a good counseler too

Blessings 🖒

barncat OP June 11th, 2020

@juliak1968- sounds like you have a good start on your new life journey. I really intended on making changes this morning- journaling instead of checking 7 cups. Oh, well- here i am. Somehow most everyone here understands us better- and are rooting for our success. Glad to be sharing our healing.

juliak1968 June 11th, 2020

@barncat

I agree, people on this sote understand better usually, but my nrw therapist speaks my langauge and isnt a-typical. She has me learning to reverse triggers, instead of talk therapy. She says talk therapy can reinforce bad habbits. Its best to hit the path running and learning rather than reliving sadness and losses. I totally see hope in doing it her way. Later she will know me so well that she will address all my needs without endless talking. I hope your doing what you are comfortable with. Im so grateful for her and 7cups. I have cut back on 7cups only because im starting to be busy more and more, but i wont ever stop 7cups. These are all our people, and we all have lots more to give, and much more to learn from our freinds 😊👍

barncat OP June 12th, 2020

@juliak1968- yes too much talk about all our problems often reinforces the issues. Sounds like you are having a great match with your therapist. Today our internet was down- so once again- no session- drats. Keep up the positive work.

juliak1968 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

Yes totally; i find I'm catching myself fast now when any of life's million triggwrs reminds me of some things from the past. I refocus on anything's texture, smell, shape, sound ect. because are brains cant do 2 things at the same time. Learning how to be in control of this complex stubborn SELF is the key to steering towards better ways😊 When the internet is down, talk a walk outside and pick some frass, or a leaf from the tree, get back to the times when life was so simple 👍👀

@juliak1968- oh my- your sharing about triggers to the past was enlightening!! I never thought about it that way- or being in the present- as a way truly to move out of negativity. We overthink and rethink our lives constantly- or at least i find myself caught in those doldrums. Riding my horses had been the most comprehensive way to be in the moment- but not a practical way to live. I am eager to put your words into practice today- you simplified mindfulness and made it imperative for restoring a sound mind. Huge thanks. (I checked on my horses while the internet was down- way more engaging)

juliak1968 June 12th, 2020

@barncat Oh, thats so good. Im glad i can share things that im doing. We all need to simplify and push ourselves as the true pilot of ourselves 😊

barncat OP May 28th, 2020

Well, I am not alone in the struggle. Signed up again with online therapist. Now I simply need to get my butt in gear and reformulate my new goals. Easier said than done.

juliak1968 May 29th, 2020

@barncat

Hi Congradulations! I met with a new therapist today and she is so intelligent. I was strangly aware that she was fully aware of me and truly she sees me and can help me. I hope you get the same great feeling with your new one. It is such a great feeling to know somebody really may hold the key to unlock our potentials! Blessings!!👍🤗😊

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

@emma1473- my gracious- 4 greetings from you- hope you are having a good day!

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

@barncat

emma1473 June 12th, 2020

still working this app out, i dont live with my parents , i feel alone, i need to talk to feel normal but idk how with this pandemic

@emma1473- you are doing fine- i use my laptop- less clumsy than the app i am told- welcome- great place to share things with people