Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Drawing to Ease Anxiety

Botoga December 3rd, 2022

Hi Everybody - I hope this is an appropriate post. I am relatively new here, and am still learning my way around this site. Anyway, I am on disability for schizophrenia and severe anxiety. I spend my time drawing pictures, like this chipmunk, to relieve anxiety. I thought I would share it with all of you. Do any of you like doing artwork? I have social anxiety but want to try reaching out to you all. Thanks.

_1670069080.Chipmunk.jpg

Creamyyy December 3rd, 2022

@Botoga wow this is such good drawing. πŸ‘πŸ»

Botoga OP December 3rd, 2022

@Creamyyy

Thank you!

SleepyShyCat December 3rd, 2022

@Botoga

Wow, this is so good! You have a beautiful style of drawing, the chipmunk is so cute 🐿

Yougotmyback December 3rd, 2022

This is really cute! I also draw to reduce anxiety. I just copy cartoons though. I used to dream of being an artist but then I gave up. So, now I do it just for my happiness. ❀️

jesusredeemedme2425 February 27th

@Yougotmyback

I only copy, too. My brain doesn't really allow me to draw "from scratch" lol

Yougotmyback February 27th

Hehe it's totally alright as long as it makes us happy and we're not claiming someone else's work as ours. 🀍

Sometimes all we need is to continue doing something we like.

jesusredeemedme2425 February 28th

@Yougotmyback

True. If you have the motivation for it that is. lol

Yougotmyback February 28th

Yassss! 🌻

amusingPineapple1311 December 3rd, 2022

@Botoga I love your drawing! Totally agree with you there, drawing makes me feel more calm and relaxed. Your chipmunk reminds me of Charles Darwin's drawing!

reservedPeach8725 December 3rd, 2022

Wow it's so good

Thanks for sharing 😊

You reminded me how much I also like to draw

December 3rd, 2022

@Botoga

Wow, this is really nice art πŸ’œ Artwork always helps in easing anxiety, your work also remind me when i used to draw. Thank you for sharing this, keep going 🌸

Vivikun9 December 3rd, 2022

@Botoga

I'm artist as well and your drawing is amazing. You nailed the texture down! Art is a great healing tool and I stuck atm but keep the belief going that you are creating art for you. <3

jesusredeemedme2425 February 27th

@Botoga

The patience for the tiny strokes!!!! <3

izzyy528 March 3rd

@Botoga

Wow!! This is a beautiful drawing!