Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fun and Free Summer Hobbies for Everyone!

Mya000 July 20th, 2023

Hey fellow hobbyists,

Summer is in full swing, and it's the perfect time to explore exciting activities that won't break the bank! Of course, the availability of these hobbies might vary depending on where you live, but fear not, as I've got some awesome suggestions to suit different locations. Let's dive in and make the most of this sunny season without spending a dime!

Nature Walks: Whether you're near a forest, park, or beach, nature walks are a fantastic way to connect with the outdoors. Breathe in the fresh air, listen to the birds singing, and appreciate the beauty of your surroundings.

Stargazing: If you live in an area with clear skies, try stargazing at night. Lay back and identify constellations or watch out for shooting stars. All you need is a comfortable spot away from city lights.

Outdoor Sports: Gather some friends or family and organize a friendly game of soccer, basketball, frisbee, or even a nature scavenger hunt. It's an excellent way to stay active and have fun together. You can also engage in individual outdoor activities like shooting hoops, practising soccer skills, or going on a solo nature scavenger hunt. It's a chance to challenge yourself and have fun alone.

Gardening: Cultivate a green thumb by starting a small garden. Even if you have limited space, you can grow herbs, flowers, or potted plants. Gardening is not only rewarding but also a great stress reliever.

DIY Crafts: Get creative indoors on scorching days with DIY crafts. Upcycle old items, create handmade cards, or explore origami. The possibilities are endless, and it's an enjoyable way to spend your time.

Picnics: Treat yourself with a picnic in a nearby park or even your backyard. Pack some homemade snacks and enjoy a leisurely afternoon outdoors. You can also invite friends or family to spend some quality time together.

Local Events: Keep an eye on local community calendars for free events like concerts, art exhibitions, or outdoor film screenings. These events offer a great opportunity to engage with your community and discover new interests.

Cycling: If you have a bicycle, explore your neighbourhood or nearby trails. Cycling is not only fun, but also an eco-friendly way to get around.

Photography: Capture the beauty of summer through photography. You don't need an expensive camera; your smartphone will do just fine. Experiment with different angles and subjects to improve your skills.

Remember, the best hobbies are those that bring joy and fulfilment to your life. Don't hesitate to try something new, and if you live in a place with unique opportunities, share your suggestions with others. Happy hobbying and have a fantastic summer!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 20th, 2023

@Mya000

So many awesome hobbies, thanks for sharing!

Mya000 OP July 20th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

helpfulstrawberry312 July 20th, 2023

These are all great!! I'm actually thinking about getting into photography and hopefully yoga. We'll see though lol. Thank you again!

Mya000 OP July 22nd, 2023

@helpfulstrawberry312 That's wonderful to hear! Photography and yoga are both fantastic pursuits that can bring joy and fulfilment. Give them a try, and I'm sure you'll find great experiences along the way. Best of luck on your new adventures!

friendlyCat9274 July 20th, 2023

@Mya000

Thank you for sharing! I a big fun of gardening and making some DIY crafts!

@friendlyCat9274 You're very welcome! Gardening and crafting are fantastic hobbies. Enjoy your time nurturing plants and creating beautiful DIY projects!

trueconfidant123 July 20th, 2023

@Mya000

Woohoo, interesting post and writing as always! Thank you for the ideas.

@trueconfidant123 Thank you so much for your kind words! ❤️

trueconfidant123 August 21st, 2023

@Mya000 Most Welcome! ❤️

Saly33 July 22nd, 2023
A beautiful topic that gives happiness with the wonderful summer season... They are all very beautiful hobbies, and drawing can also be learned, and painters can draw scenes from nature And I decided to get rid of the things that scare me, and now I face one of my fears, which is the sea, so I started learning to dive.

@Saly33 That sounds fantastic! Embracing beautiful hobbies and facing your fears head-on can bring so much joy and growth into your life. Best of luck on your new adventure!

Saly33 July 31st, 2023

@Mya000

Thank you myaooo🥰💐

EmotionsListener July 31st, 2023

@Mya000

These are great ideas, I like that some can even be a way to save money, like cycling to get around instead of using gas or paying for transportation.

I like to pack a picnic, ride my bicycle down to the waterfront, take a book along with me from the library and enjoy a picnic by the water in a shady spot before packing up and riding home. Often times taking some pictures along the way.

So many great ways to spend summer days! Thank you for sharing!

Mya000 OP July 31st, 2023

@EmotionsListener You're welcome! I'm happy that you liked these ideas. Your picnic plan with a book by the waterfront sounds like a perfect way to unwind and enjoy nature. Thanks for sharing your delightful activities! Have a fantastic summer!

scienceoflife July 31st, 2023

Any suggestions for someone living in a scorching hot place? I think I’d melt doing any of these!

Mya000 OP July 31st, 2023

@scienceoflife I completely understand how the scorching heat can be challenging. In such hot weather, indoor hobbies like painting, drawing, writing, cooking or reading can be great options!

Ayoe August 21st, 2023

@Mya000

thank you for sharing! Ive been looking into Hobbes too so I found this at the perfect time

Mya000 OP August 21st, 2023

@Ayoe You're welcome! I'm glad the timing worked out, and I hope your exploration of hobbies goes well!