Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How did you spend your day?

barncat April 8th, 2020

I am an avid equestrian- not great but enjoy the challenge. Finally started riding my husband's new horse. Boy has he gotten herdbound. Realized he hates being separated from his buddies- WOW- just like us humans. When i take him away from his herd he does a left turn back to his friends. Not a right turn- a strong left turn. So i spent yesterday getting him comfortable leaving - and found out if I anticipate his anxiety- and block him with a right neck rein- better.

HOpe everyone finds something insightful each day during these challenging times.

barncat OP May 29th, 2022

Got up earlier - did horse chores.

mytwistedsoul May 31st, 2022

@barncat They seem never ending some days don't they? ❤️

barncat OP June 7th, 2022

@dawnn5- sounds amazing. I always feel recharged when I go to the mountains.

bubblingJoy3958 May 31st, 2022

I'm a Psychology student, I'm mostly busy with assignments during the day. It's hard sometimes but we have to do what we have to do. I then spend time with my family ending the day off with a well cooked meal.

barncat OP June 7th, 2022

@bubblingJoy3958- good luck on your studies. And hope you have a relaxing time in the evening with your family.

barncat OP June 20th, 2022

Horse chores very early, then had a wonderful walk with a new friend

PersonalityMe June 20th, 2022

@barncat Horses are lovely and beautiful animals. I've never been horse riding, I'd love to though. Sounds like a lot of fun! Do you still do it now? 🙂

This morning wasn't so good for me unfortunately but this afternoon was better. I managed to fit in some reading, listened to music and did a little cleaning and tidying. So I managed to keep busy. Overall, not a bad day!

barncat OP June 21st, 2022

Yes, I try to ride a little bit every day. Not energetic but consistently. I (we) have two beautiful horses- and one of them is really lovely and full of personality.

matsukendg June 24th, 2022

Of course, in the morning I go to work, then after work I come home and play games because it helps me relax, besides, I recently discovered a game called cs go and as it turned out it's a very interesting game friends told me that I can also buy skins and gave me [edited to remove link] which I've been dreaming about for a long time. They said they found a website with great prices.

barncat OP June 28th, 2022

Went off island for weekly therapist session. Great to see lots of new faces, and many tourists from around the world. One couple from South Africa

Betterdays14 June 28th, 2022

@barncat

not my worst day, went for 2 walks, cooked a good dinner, watched Wimbledon yay, looked up new hair colors on amazon (I have red hair, might be tough to dye another color-- blue?!) anyways, that's mu exciting life in the burbs!

barncat OP June 29th, 2022

@Betterdays14- gosh, I would have loved it if I had red hair!! And am totally envious of the color options now a days. As in fun blues, pinks and purples.

slowdecline48 June 30th, 2022

I spent most of yesterday intermittently grunting, groaning, & making bodily noises which will not be described. I also spent parts of the day sitting on the throne, & sitting in front of my computer with my head on my arms. Also had a flareup when my head started hurting. Eventually I was able to sleep, here & there.

Am hoping better days will come soon.

barncat OP July 4th, 2022

@slowdecline48- here is hoping you are feeling better today. ❤️

Aileen1114117 July 8th, 2022

I actually just went home from vacation today.

At rhe morning, me and my little sister went hiking on a small hill which is near the cabin. Then, we had breakfast, pack up our stuff, and left. When me and my family reached our home city at noon, I went to my painting lesson and paint a tree drawing. Then, my Grandparents just pick me up and drop me at my house. And here I am in 7 cups!

But really though, does anyone else also have a vacay?

barncat OP July 13th, 2022

@Aileen1114117- Sounds like you had a nice vacation and return home. I can imagine the scene of painting the tree - very peaceful. Take care.

barncat OP September 29th, 2022

Up to my eyeballs looking for next horse - again. Life is better lately. Cooler temps and easier

to go riding. Hubby's horse is a little chunky and needs more exercise. Me too!!!

LPyMP September 29th, 2022

Worked a 4.45 hr shift. Was worried id be stuck at the desk just moping but nope. Was super busy, kept me distracted. Actually felt good.

Odetta October 22nd, 2022

working all day long which is really exhausted

Betterdays14 November 5th, 2022

doing absolutely NOTHING! well, unless you count doing laundry which is never fun, right?!

barncat OP November 8th, 2022

@Betterdays14- I love having clean clothes and linens. So doing laundry really does count!!

barncat OP November 8th, 2022

Horse chores and more horse chores, getting ready (caught unprepared again) for the cold and wet season. The horse hunt is up to #14 passed for many reasons. Lots of unsound horses - crazy expensive too.

IShiFood November 8th, 2022

sleeping

doing nothing

barncat OP November 16th, 2022

WEll, horses got out for the second day. Very unsettling looking around everywhere for them.

barncat OP December 24th, 2022

Getting ready for Christmas. Lots of snow on the ground.

barncat OP December 31st, 2022

Horse chores, dump run, and a wonderful soak in the hot tub after an evening ride on Gus.

barncat OP January 16th, 2023

Woke up early, wrote an email to spouse. Plan to go feed the horses soon. It is windy, but we have not had our usual rain, so barn and fields have good footing. Thinking of setting up another search for a horse. Had lots of fun looking.

mytwistedsoul January 18th, 2023

@barncat the weather has been weird this year here. We've gotten more rain than snow and the temps have been more spring like than wintery

*hugs to you and the critters* ❤️ Have fun with the horse search! 🙂

barncat OP January 27th, 2023

I do "winter cleaning" instead of spring cleaning. A lot of nesting, purging and sorting out my stuff.

barncat OP April 8th, 2023

Got a call from neighbor, horses were out in the field. Luckily they werent mine. And more fortunately was able to catch the loose horses for another neighbor. Silly horses. Must have been bored.

barncat OP April 24th, 2023

Getting ready for a much needed vacation.