Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

World Dracula Day!

MistyMagic May 26th

Hey everyone!

Some of you know my favorite all-time book is 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker.  The first book about vampires and the undead that led to many many more different types of vampire-ish plots and characters.

Today, 127 years ago, in 1897, that book was first published! 

So, to celebrate all things Dracula, and Vampire, we have a spooktacular post!

Some facts:-

- A signed, first-edition copy of the book sold for over $33,000 at auction!
- There is a sequel! Yes! written by Bram Stoker's great-grand-nephew! Dracula the Un-Dead" by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt (2009)
- Vampire bats do exist, and survive on drinking blood!

cant-sleep-christopher.gif
Christopher Lee as 'Dracula' in the 1958 film.

dracula-bela-lugosi.gif
Bella Lugosi in the 1931 film.

bella-swan-edward-cullen.gif
Oooops . . . Edward and Bella Cullen!

World Dracula Day not only honors Bram Stoker's groundbreaking work but also celebrates the broader cultural phenomenon of vampire lore. Whether you're a literary enthusiast, a horror fan, or just curious about the origins of one of the most iconic figures in fiction, World Dracula Day offers something intriguing for everyone

• Are you scared of the dark? It is well-known that vampires can only come out after dark, but stories like ‘Twilight’ and ‘Vampire Diaries’ changed all that, so beware!

• Garlic may keep vampire bats away but it was said that Dracula wasn’t scared.  Do you like garlic? Share with us your best garlic dish.

• Share with us your thoughts on vampires, do you enjoy watching them or reading about them, what film or book do you like the best or do they bore you?

How has your month been? What have you achieved with your hobbies? Share with us!

MistyMagic OP May 26th

Join the Hobby Zone Taglist Here
@adaptableOcean4193 @Aileen1114117 @AJ1232005 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @AquaNyo303 @beachyone @Bella20 @BelovedMe @butdoesanyonenotice @butterlycow @calmmoon2104 @calmSky3414 @charmingSky5972 @confidentrabbit7311 @CosmicMiracle @daydreammemories @DipityEnigma @EchoicEternity @EmotionsListener @FallandWinterPlease00 @Fristo @hiraxx @iloveyouxx @Interestingkiwi @interlligentshawzk @intoxfantasy @jujubears @Katieinbloom @LadyOrgasma @Liv125 @Lou73 @LoveMyMoonflowers @lyricalAngel70 @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @Mrunal11 @MunchieTaters @mytwistedsoul @NicholasW @Paisleykaat @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @PurpleLady568 @SerenitysFire @shiningBeauty72 @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SomebodySpicy13 @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @theboymoana @thetoastgod @tidyHickory3283 @victoriousblue17 @warmheartedCamp3360 @WarmLightXO @wisly03 @WorkingitThrough2 @WorriedMagpie @Heather225

Join the Hobby Zone Team!
Do you enjoy your hobbies then we want You on our Team!
We are recruiting! Here

Tagging a few who might be interested @OneErased @Sadcat13 @Calmmango9611 

Listening - One Step At A Time!

daydreammemories May 26th

@MistyMagic

I enjoyed watching vampire diaries and the originals😃

MistyMagic OP May 26th

@daydreammemories Yes Vampire Diaries was one that had all the different emotions encompassed in it, it made me laugh, cry and I could not stop looking at Damon's eyes! lol!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

daydreammemories May 26th

@MistyMagic

I can relate 😂

sadcat13 May 26th

@MistyMagic i read the book and liked it a lot, it was very good 😊 Used to love vampires in the past but lately i feel more drawn to werewolfs 😊🐺

slowdecline48 May 27th

Books & movies about vampires can be fun &/or interesting, but they don't scare me. I have no fear of vampires or other mythical creatures. According to traditional lore (or to Stoker's novel if memory serves), vampires can be put down permanently with an oaken stake through the heart. I have a good amount of water oak sitting around & more than enough tools for cutting & shaping wood so if such beings existed, I could get ready to hunt them fairly easily. 😁 Wonder if you could whack 'em with pointed sticks made of other kinds of hardwood?...is there a vampire expert anywhere around here?

VioletNotes May 28th

@MistyMagic I read this for my Sophomore English class! I really enjoyed learning about symbolism and the concept of monstrosity. Even though the reading was slow going at times... 😅

Heather225 May 28th

"what we do in the shadows" is my favorite modern vampire series. it's so funny.

Heather225 May 28th

@MistyMagic

very fun, Misty, thanks for reminding me this day exists!

@MistyMagic

Are you scared of the dark? It is well-known that vampires can only come out after dark, but stories like ‘Twilight’ and ‘Vampire Diaries’ changed all that, so beware!

I'm probably not so much scared of the dark as I am of my own mind or the unknown.

Garlic may keep vampire bats away but it was said that Dracula wasn’t scared. Do you like garlic? Share with us your best garlic dish.

Garlic is pretty good when roasted with some olive oil and paired with some charcuterie noms.

Share with us your thoughts on vampires, do you enjoy watching them or reading about them, what film or book do you like the best or do they bore you?

I do find in pop culture they mostly bore me...I did go to the movies to watch the comedy horror with Nicolas Cage...I've always found the concept somewhat underwhelming yet lately I've been more open for whatever reason to the concept, movies and mythology and exploring and spending more time with it whereas in the past I just wouldn't consider it time well spent.

How has your month been? What have you achieved with your hobbies? Share with us!

Month has been good. I took a break from my hobbies because I needed some refreshment. Today I finally picked the guitar up again and played for about an hour.