Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hobby Zone ***Breaking News***

EmotionsListener September 18th, 2023

one_1695059117.jpg

Check In for the week of Sept 18 - 24

Hello my fellow Hobby Zoners! A special message from @MistyMagic and me!

You may have noticed a lot of changes and moving happening here in our beloved Hobby Zone so far this year. As we try to fully sort the many topics once contained in this space into their new homes in our new Communities, you might not be certain where to post, or where to find posts.

Here are the new Communities that have blossomed from their original seeds in Hobby Zone:

Please take some time to explore these new spaces and make some new threads there! Keep in mind any new threads to HZ that fit in these other spaces will be moved to the appropriate Community. We thank you for understanding and working with us to warm our new homes for this growing Community! (To see updates on moving progress check out this thread or reach out to me or Misty with questions!)

So while “moving day” is here take a moment to check in?

• What have you been up to lately with your hobbies? Trying anything new? Bringing out something you haven’t touched in a while? Share your creativity with us!

• Change can be a challenge, what changes have you been struggling with in your life recently? Do you have any hobbies that help you cope with those changes?

• So which of these new Communities might you decide to join along with Hobby Zone?

screenshot-2023-09-18-115904_1695052769.png

[Image consists of an exhausted person laying among and under moving boxes]

Check this post if you want to be added to the tag list!

Tagging the current taglist: @adaptableOcean4193 @Aileen1114117 @AJ1232005 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @beachyone @BelovedMe @butdoesanyonenotice @butterlycow @calmmoon2104 @calmSky3414 @charmingSky5972 @confidentrabbit7311 @CosmicMiracle @DipityEnigma @EchoicEternity @EmotionsListener @FallandWinterPlease00 @GreenFairie @hiraxx @Interestingkiwi @interlligentshawzk @intoxfantasy @jujubears @Katieinbloom @LadyOrgasma @Liv125 @Lou73 @LoveMyMoonflowers @lyricalAngel70 @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @Mrunal11 @MunchieTaters @mytwistedsoul @NicholasW @Paisleykaat @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @PurpleLady568 @SerenitysFire @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SomebodySpicy13 @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @theboymoana @thetoastgod @tidyHickory3283 @victoriousblue17 @warmheartedCamp3360 @WarmLightXO @WorkingitThrough2 @WorriedMagpie

SomebodySpicy13 September 18th, 2023

Hi @EmotionsListener and @MistyMagic,

You're doing such a fab job with the hobby zone and I am glad to be part of the team with you both 😁

• What have you been up to lately with your hobbies? Trying anything new? Bringing out something you haven’t touched in a while? Share your creativity with us!

I have recently been big into xolouring. I discovered a series of french colouring books called coloriages mysteres disney. They start as one picture and as you colour it, they change into another picture, so fun

• Change can be a challenge, what changes have you been struggling with in your life recently? Do you have any hobbies that help you cope with those changes?

Changes are a struggle for me, I have recently been dealing with trying to get diagnosed for some things. I use my colouring and listening to music to deal with this

• So which of these new Communities might you decide to join along with Hobby Zone?

I will definitely join the arts and crafts community as I feel I will have a lot to contribute there

EmotionsListener OP September 30th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13

Those French colouring books sound like they would be a lot of fun, especially to see how the picture changes as you colour. I'd love to see one at the various stages of colouring!

As to using hobbies as a way to help you cope with change and other things in life, they can certainly be a great release or escape at times.

I can't wait to see more of what you share and create here in Hobby Zone and in Arts and Crafts!

Thanks for checking in!

SomebodySpicy13 September 30th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

I'll definitely make a post or two showing some of the different stages of colouring with the french colouring books 😊

I've definitely got things I can share in the hobby zone and sub-communites once I get around to completing then and making posts

WorkingitThrough2 October 7th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13

Hey, that sounds so good, and we are patiently awaiting to see you share some of your work. I really like being here and sharing our work. I am happy you are a part of this community.❤️

MistyMagic September 18th, 2023

@EmotionsListener Thanks so much for posting this News for us. It has been a big change for Hobby Zone but it reflect positively on all the hard work we have put in over the last year and now we have little seedling Communities that will be able to thrive and grow on their own. I must take this opportunity to say I also lead the Arts & Crafts Community so I hope I will see lots of people over there too!

I also love your choice of picture I can definitely identify with that recently! I wonder is that a real picture? I could have taken one of me with books all over the place, nicely covering my identity so I remain anonymous of course,

Big thanks to everyone who helped with this too!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

@MistyMagic

Not a real picture, but it can certainly feel that way sometimes! Glad to have you on this roller coaster of change with me!

Thank you for all your hard work to make HZ a thriving space, and now nurturing all those little seedlings as they become thriving communities of their own

WorkingitThrough2 September 18th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Hello, everyone. This is a great new place to be for me❤️. I Love crafts of all kinds and I am ready to learn new crafts/

So while “moving day” is here take a moment to check in?

I am working on the Box Dollhouse

I have lots of challenges going on right now, but nevertheless, I have to keep it moving. Anything that keeps my creative juices flowing😂

• So which of these new Communities might you decide to join along with Hobby Zone? Crafts

How about a DIY corner for us doit you self people who are not crafts but more of general contracting skills.....etc. I refinished my kitchen cabinets. or made a kitchen island out of a bathroom sink cabinet😊

@WorkingitThrough2

This can definitely be a space to get need ideas and inspiration!

A box doll house sounds like a lot of work, what has been your favourite part of that whole process so far? Anything you have found particularly frustrating?

Creativity is definitely an important coping skill, coming up with new ways to see challenges or new ways to overcome them requires a bit of creativity at times. So I think of creative hobbies as exercising our creative muscles!

DIY sounds like a great area, hopefully you'll share more of your projects with us soon!

Thanks for checking in!

WorkingitThrough2 September 30th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Thanks. Right now, I am still upgrading and finishing up the cardboard doll house. One thing that I have found very challenging is making steps to go up or down in the different levels of the Dollhouse. At the present time, I am fighting a bad cold that does not want to turn me loose, but that has not stopped me from working on detailing the dollhouse. I have added the brick-looking paper around the house and am making curtains and cardboard furniture 😂. I have to laugh at myself or my Little girl within😂as she keeps wanting more and more......😂. I love what I do❤️

tommy September 19th, 2023

thank you misty, emotions and the wider hobby zone team/community for making these changes possible 💙 these new communities have blossomed so beautifully well and I am so excited to see their futures!

well done hobby zone 😃

toddlers-and-tiaras-big-grin.gif

@tommy

Thank you for how well you have worked with each of us on a personal basis and in these Forums.

Just wanted to say a great big Thank You❤️

TheAutumnWitch September 20th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Hi! ♪( ´▽`)

Thank you to you and Misty for working hard on our community❣️

What have you been up to lately with your hobbies? Trying anything new? Bringing out something you haven’t touched in a while?

Recently, I baked chocolate marshmallow cookies! I’ve never made those before, and I came up with my own recipe. I’m happy to say they turned out quite well!

Change can be a challenge. What changes have you been struggling with lately? Do you have any hobbies that help you cope?

I’ve been struggling with the knowledge that the need for surgery is becoming more and more of a reality for me, meaning I’ll likely be bedridden for several months after I get it. 😅 I cope mainly through baking, gaming, reading and writing, although I haven’t written in a while. I’m starting to feel like returning to it.

Which of these new communities might you decide to join along with the Hobby Zone?

Likely the Poetry, Reading and Writing ones ♥️📖📚🖋️

WorkingitThrough2 September 20th, 2023

@TheAutumnWitch

Hum...cookies🍪🍪🍽️.. I am ready! Bring them on😊. Would you like milk or coffee with yours??

Let's make it a cookie Party and invite the whole team😂.

I am sorry about the possibility of you having to have surgery. It is a time that you can use to do some well-deserved self-care, and you may want to pick back up on those writing skills.>❤️. Surgery is never any fun, but we will be right here waiting for you as you recover.❤️

TheAutumnWitch September 22nd, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2

I’ll have my cookies with milk. 😋🍪🥛 But please make it oat milk, because I’m lactose intolerant.

Virtual cookie party for everybody! 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

Thank you ♥️ That’s very true. Getting back into writing will keep me occupied. I appreciate you being here for me❣️

WorkingitThrough2 September 23rd, 2023

@TheAutumnWitch

Autumn, no thanks needed❤️I got the plates ready for the party🍽️🍽️🍽️🍽️🍽️🍽️🍽️😊and some.

image_1695427299.pngI too am lactose intollerant😊

MistyMagic September 23rd, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 @TheAutumnWitch

Come and join in with us in the Hobby Zone room tomorrow Sunday 10am ET to welcome @SomebodySpicy13 as Hobby Zone room supporter!

We will have soya and almond milk too!

WorkingitThrough2 September 23rd, 2023

@MistyMagic

Thanks, I will set my alarm⏰

WorkingitThrough2 September 24th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Sorry, I had a bad night and I am just getting up. Alexa missed the mark with the alarm. 😒.

I hope that the open chat went very well. Thanks for the invite😊

@TheAutumnWitch

Chocolate marshmallow cookies sound interesting, I'm glad they turned out! Do you have a basic cookie recipe you tend to use for experimenting with new ideas? I know I have been doing that with my favourite scone recipe for a few years now making savoury versions as well as sweet and adding in all kinds of extra surprises and fun.

Surgery is certainly a daunting thing to think about, sounds like you may be needing to fill a bit more of your time with your hobbies while you rest and recover from it! Do you find there is anything that makes you feel more like writing? Do you need to be in a certain mood or just have some inspiration?

Thanks for checking in, I hope to see some of your writing over in Poetry, Reading and Writing!

slowdecline48 September 22nd, 2023

Why should we post anything here, now that all the stuff we'd normally post has been assigned to other threads/subcommunities?

SomebodySpicy13 September 22nd, 2023

@slowdecline48

Hello there,

We on the Hobby Zone team are still actively encouraging people to post here as we are still here as a community and we still want to see people's posts about their hobbies and interests

If your hobby/interest no longer fits within the Hobby Zone but instead fits one of the other sub-communities that's absolutely fine, and there is a place for you to actively post about these

But we are still here, we still value everyone who chooses to be a part of the Hobby Zone in whatever way they can

I hope you have a lovely rest of your day/night 🩷

@SomebodySpicy13

Thanks for this info, I appreciate that because I think that my hobbies are all over the place, and it is nice to know that some can be shared in different areas of our expanding forum😊❤️

slowdecline48 October 5th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13 Thank you, I appreciate the answers.

@slowdecline48

As SomebodySpicy13 said, there are still things that fall into the Hobby Zone, even as a lot of new communities have been built from many of the popular topics here. Many may indeed find their interest strongly aligns with one of the other communities, and we'll be happy to see you share your different hobbies in these new communities as well.

@EmotionsListener

Thank you❤️

slowdecline48 October 5th, 2023

@EmotionsListener Really? Okay...

If y'all keep building new forums, I might have to start stopping in regularly. As if I didn't have enough to do... But seriously, it's all good

WorkingitThrough2 October 8th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

I tore down part of the cardboard box doll house, and I am redesigning it. It is now taking on a life of its own😂it's about to be a mansion😂

I had a very bad cold that has finally gotten better😊. I am not over it completely but I feel a heck of a lot better❤️. I have a lot of things happening in my life right now that I am keeping busy to not allow them to consume me.

communicativePond1728 November 11th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Hey 😊

Lately I've been learning how to bunny hop on my bike and cook really good pasta with only one pot because dirty dishes can be shot into space. 

I'm also studying color therapy, home remedies for healing and Metis culture.

Thrifting and shopping is sometimes fun, sometimes aggravating.

And maybe one day some of the music and fashion designs roaming around feral in my head will get out, but until then, it's fine.

Lately I've really been struggling with housework. Even if I do hours of dishes and laundry today, there will always be more. My queendom for a paper plate and nudism being the new black.

Some hobbies lately that help me with these quite obviously middle child challenges are self-care tarot, other healing cards and methods of self study, biking when it's not illegally cold out or dumping tsunamis of rain, playing guitar and singing, writing, walking, watching YouTube videos until I have a headache 1/10 don't recommend and getting into Dragon Ball Z level fights with my pillows when life decides to push my buttons.

The music community looks pretty good...may check the forum out, see what's up.

Byeee 👋

MistyMagic December 4th, 2023

Just a quick reminder to make sure you post in the correct Community or your post will be moved.  Any questions please let me know. Thanks

uhaul-lesbian.gif