Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Any recommendations for mentally healthy workout channels?

limeJar1591 March 29th

Hi everyone,

I've been on the lookout for a YouTube channel or content creator who focuses on workout videos that are genuinely beneficial for mental health. Someone who doesn't emphasise weight loss, calorie counting, or appearance, but rather focuses on feeling good and overall well-being. If you know of any channels or creators who fit this description, I'd greatly appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your help!

🫶

PoliteOcean March 31st

@limeJar1591

Hi there Lime~ 

I can understand your request and it makes perfect sense. 

I’m not sure at this time what steps you might’ve already taken to look for something that fits your needs?….And We’re also not aware of what types of exercise you like on a personal level. 

With that being said, you can go to YouTube and search for “Workouts for Mental Health” , or even Google “Workouts that focus on mental well-being”…. 

Doing a search of this nature can help to navigate you towards different videos, or  influencers that you may find appealing and suited to your own personal needs. 

Also, just as a basis typically things like Yoga or Pilates or even Meditation & stretching exercises will tend to focus more on the mental/emotional side of fitness, as well as focus on breathing & breath work…..so just an idea there as well. 

And of course the #1 alternative to all of the above is simple “Walking outside in Nature” if you are able to do so. You can do this while focusing on your surroundings, your breathing, your mind frame, connect with nature, etc… all while listening to your favorite music or a podcast as well if you like & desire. 

Hopefully some of these ideas will be of interest or help to you. And we wish you the best on your Wellness journey. And are here to support your efforts anytime! 

limeJar1591 OP April 3rd

@PoliteOcean Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Your support truly means a lot to me.

So far, I've been exploring beginner workout videos, but I've found it challenging to stick with them until the end. It's been a bit discouraging, to be honest. It's been tough on me mentally. I'm still not sure what type of exercise I enjoy since I'm pretty new to this, and my space at home is quite limited. I don't even have an exercise mat. 

I'll definitely check out the suggestions you mentioned on YouTube. I've tried yoga before, but it felt quite challenging. ven the videos Most beginner videos still feel too advanced for me, it's been frustrating. I need something simple and easy to follow along with. I will also explore stretching as an alternative as you suggested.

I love walking, but unfortunately, I can't do it as often as I'd like due to health issues. That's why I'm trying to find other workouts I can do from my own home, allowing me to exercise more regularly.

Once again, thank you so much for your help and support. It truly means a lot to me.

PoliteOcean April 3rd

@limeJar1591

You are so very welcome! We are here to support you! 

Not sure if you’ve ever heard of “Yoga with Adrienne”? But she has a very beginner style that is easy to keep up with and has videos from the chair. 

You can even search “Chair workouts” since your space is limited! That way all you need is a chair (like a Kitchen chair), and get some really great movement with that as well. I’ve done them myself and love them if my body is hurting or not cooperating! 

Again best of luck to you on finding something that resonates with you! 

limeJar1591 OP April 8th

@PoliteOcean Thank you so much for the suggestion and support! I'll definitely look into Yoga with Adrienne and chair workouts. Appreciate your help!

@limeJar1591. Here is a simple chair Yoga from adrienne that I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrVE1a2vgvA

another short chair exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nWPnvZDkY0

Psalm139 April 9th

@limeJar1591 I like yoga with Adrienne and Body Project on YouTube!

limeJar1591 OP June 10th

@Psalm139 Thank you for the recommendation, I appreciate it 🫶

pamharley003 June 11th

@limeJar1591

I found for you tube hope it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9-4pZqRJT8

limeJar1591 OP June 13th

@pamharley003 Thank you so much, I appreciate your help! 💞

pamharley003 June 13th

@limeJar1591

anytime that's what we are here for to help each other