Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trolling Immunity Oath

Heather June 8th, 2016

If you spend enough time in the support chat rooms (or anywhere on the internet for that matter!) it is quite possible that you will encounter someone or other engaging in trolling behaviours. Should this happen to you, first and foremost please know its not your fault. The other person has the problem. Often, they just get a kick out of upsetting or aggravating another person, but it only works if we rise to take the bait.

There are certain things we can do as a community to build more immunity against those individuals who choose to cause distress or annoyance to others, and many of you are doing a great job at it already! The key thing to remember is that without an audience reacting to their comments and remarks, the person trolling becomes quite powerless. Its just no fun yelling at someone who doesnt seem to notice! This isnt to say the burden is entirely on you, but that we can work together to become more immune to trolling and help to protect one another. The other important part to this is to use the mute/report button to report any harmful/trolling behaviour you witness. This helps community managers to identify and remove those individuals.

The process when you encounter trolling behaviour should look like this:

โ›”๏ธ Stop engaging ---> ๐Ÿ”‡ Mute the troublecauser ---> ๐Ÿ“ Report via mute/report button.

If youd like to be part of this initiative to take a stand against trolling, please carefully read the following oath and then post it in this thread with your own username/current date. You will receive an Group Chat Antibody badge for doing so (coming soon!). You can simply copy and paste the oath, but its more meaningful if you type it out. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, XX, pledge :

To follow the chat room rules and lead by example at all times.

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: [your username]

DD/MM/YYYY

Emily619 September 9th, 2017

I, Emily619, pledge :

To follow the chatroom rules and lead by example at all times.

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviors whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: Emily619

08/09/2017

Psst, as an American, I can confirm the correct spelling of behaviour is behavior, and the date format is MM/DD/YYYY rather than DD/MM/YYYY wink

reconnect September 9th, 2017

@Emily619 lmao

Emily619 September 9th, 2017

@Syzygy0512 wink

September 9th, 2017

I, EnchxntedRose, pledge :

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

Signed: EnchxntedRose

Fiercelyalive September 25th, 2017

@Heather

I, Fiercelyalive, pledge :

Signed: Fiercelyalive

25/09/2017

MarshmaIIows February 1st, 2018

I, pastellexoxo, pledge :

Signed: pastellexoxo

1/2/2018

independentStrings8373 February 3rd, 2018

I agree.

February 5th, 2018

I, Julianna, pledge :

Signed: Julianna2

05/02/2018

February 26th, 2018

I, Jake, pledge :

Signed: Jakeeee

25/02/2018

forcefulStrawberries4435 April 22nd, 2018

I pledge :

Signed: forcefulStrawberries4435

22/04/2018

electricLily13 April 22nd, 2018

I pledge :

Signed: Lily

Raspberrycheesecake July 8th, 2018

I, Raspberrycheesecake, pledge :

Signed: Raspberrycheesecake

08/07/2018

gentleBalloon9710 July 8th, 2018

I, gentleBalloon9710, pledge :

Signed: gentleBalloon9710

1/2/2018

SoulfullyAButterfly August 14th, 2018

I pledge :

SIgned: SoulfullyAButterfly

14/8/18

ElvishBilly August 27th, 2018

I, ElvishBilly, pledge :

Signed: [ElvishBilly]

8/27/18

parissaiko April 23rd, 2019

@Heather

I, Paris, pledge :

Signed: parisaegyo

23/04/2019

ItsReganingRain April 25th, 2019

I, ItsReganingRain, pledge:

Signed: ItsReganingRain

26/04/2019

AddictedTealover98 October 9th, 2019

I pledge :

Signed: AddictedTealover98

09/10/2019

Just found this post so i thought i would pledge it for it..

Mentalgirl October 9th, 2019

@AddictedTealover98

I will keep it respectful.

meltingstones October 20th, 2019

I pledge :

Signed: meltingstones

20 October 2019

SamuelFrancis November 1st, 2019

I, SamuelFrancis, pledge :

Signed: SamuelFrancis

01/11/2019

TheGraveYard November 3rd, 2019

I pledge :

SparkyGizmo November 3rd, 2019

I have taken this oath. I agree. Great idea!

YourLittleFriend November 17th, 2019

I, YourLittleFriend, pledge :

Signed: YourLittleFriend

17/11/2019

Aayla November 21st, 2019

I, Aayla, pledge:

Signed: Aayla

21/11/19

warmheartedFarm7120 December 4th, 2019

I pledge :

Signed: warmheartedFarm7120

04/12/19

Daisy7cups January 9th, 2020

@Heather

I, Daisy7cups pledge :

Signed: Daisy7cups

09/01/2020

January 9th, 2020

@Heather

I, admaiorasemper, pledge :

Signed: [admaiorasemper]

09/01/2020

kitkat349 January 9th, 2020

I, kitkat349, pledge :

Signed: [kitkat349)

1/9/2020

driftingship January 9th, 2020

Stop doing oaths and pledges...the integrity and judgement is inside you, no need for words to conduct in a respectful manner, nor words to forgive those who have a bad day...

Oaths and pledges do not define you, what you are defines you inside...you do not need words but question your soul: have I done right or wrong, appologise if I do not understand or in bad mist...forgive and understand others...we do not need words on the wall, but mirrors to be better...

audienta January 9th, 2020

@Heather

I, audienta, pledge :

Signed: audienta

09/01/2020

Wayward7Good7Intentions January 10th, 2020

@Heather

I, Wayward7Good7Intentions, pledge :

Signed: Wayward7Good7Intention

1/10/2020

parisayano January 15th, 2020

@Heather

I, Paris, pledge :

Signed: parisayano

14/01/2020

TheRealJakeD February 9th, 2020

@Heather

I, TheRealJakeD, pledge :

Signed: TheRealJakeD

08/02/2020

lavenderpeach1107 February 21st, 2020

@Heather

I, lavenderpeach1107, pledge :

Signed: lavenderpeach1107

02/20/2020

persistentartprenuer February 21st, 2020

@Heather

I, Persistent Artprenuer, pledge :

Signed: persistentartpernuer

20/02/2020

sensibleStrawberries9877 March 15th, 2020

@persistentartprenuer

Who is Heather!

ShaunX March 16th, 2020

@sensibleStrawberries9877

Heather is one of our community managers

ShaunX March 16th, 2020

@Shaunnxx1

Heather225*

Tyedyedbutterfly65 November 8th, 2020

@Shaunnxx1 No Not the same Heather so sorry ... This Heather is no longer on the site it seems the other one Yes is still here Heather225 she is an Admin.