Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to Prevent (and Remove) Social Media Handles in Tockify

7CupsCommunity May 24th, 2019

Hello Discussion Leaders! It has come to our attention (thanks to @AffyAvo ) that when using the @ symbol on tockify, the calendar automatically hyperlinks to the corresponding twitter link (twitter.com/@). This means we are inadvertantly linking to social media accounts on our community calendar. Moving forward to avoid this issue please take care to do the following:

Do not use the @ symbol when submitting a discussion.
Please remove the @ symbol when approving a discussion
Please take some time this week and next week to remove the @ symbol on discussions you have already approved

Ex:
☑ Please join [username] in the [room] at [time] on [day]
☒ Please join @[username] in the [room] at [time] on [day]

Thank you everyone!

Tagging CMLs and STLs: @ArwaS @River @fluffyUnicorns84 @Ele @Lorraine234 @soulsings @Hope @InternalAcceptance @Emmur @VickyP @Jenna @krispykitty12 @kindSoul10 @Isentropic @emsworld @Raspberrycheesecake @PoliteOcean @vivelespatates @Power @ItsKara @BrooklynM @RumpleSteeleSkin @RideaRainbow @Tazzie @Jill7Cups @LavenderFlower @MrJacob @ASilentObserver @AveryLove @Heather225 @AnyaS @bear228 @ItsJoel @Mel @Moana22 @Hoxenos @SoulfullyAButterfly @Tazzie @KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC

AffyAvo May 24th, 2019

Yay! I get used to just clicking on names to message people and I've come across some fairly inappropriate things with the twitter links in the past.

SoulfullyAButterfly May 24th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity @AffyAvo thank you!

Your wings already exist, all you need to do is fly!

MistyMagic May 24th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity Hey! Can I be added to the taglist please as this affects me directly too.

Also I have emailed before about the waiting for approval discussions that get added that inadvertently then shows their private email addresses, often teen ones too! Please can we remind everyone to go via their ATM or CM or use their 7Cups email address. Or people can pm me if that helps us keep to privacy rules.

Listening .... One Step At A Time

7CupsCommunity OP May 24th, 2019

@MistyMagic

My apologies Misty, this is not an official taglist. I manually visited each subcommunity and tagged everyone with a CML or STL position. I will pass on the feedback regarding emails.

Jill7Cups May 24th, 2019

@MistyMagic I don't follow- when people submit discussions to be approved you can see their email (like the last edited by thing?)

vivelespatates May 24th, 2019

@Jill7cups yes, when you submit an event to be added, you need to provide your email. all those who may approve event may see it.

AveryLove May 24th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity thanks for sharing!

vivelespatates May 24th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity when you approve a discussion, you can't edit the text, you can approve or reject, no edit.

soulsings May 25th, 2019

@vivelespatates Here is a work around that allows the @ sign to be removed in Tockify on Events submitted for approval or ones already submitted and approved.

1) Click on the events under Submitted Events in upper left [Go to Step 2] OR on the announced event Modify This Event Only [skip to step 5] or Edit Repeating Group [skip to step 5]

2) Click on the event you want to approve and edit

3) Click on the approve if event is appropriate

4) Click on the pop up box with Open Editor for new event

5) An editable copy of the event comes up. Remove @ signs

6) Click on SAVE CHANGES

7) Wait until SAVED appears at top of event notice

8) Click on <--- Back to Agenda

9) Done