Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Chatroom Guidelines updated!!

ASilentObserver February 5th, 2020

Hello Community,

As you remember I mentioned updating Chatroom Guidelines in the Weekly Open Letter from the Group Support Team!.

I am glad to announce as per our community requests and discussions, chatroom rules are updated. It is shorter, sweeter and simpler. I believe you all will love this and find easier to read and understand them. The chatroom rules are updated for both member and listener chatrooms. You can view and read them by clicking: "Please read the chatroom rules" at the bottom of the chatroom.

4a43823c9c1139c38484efbcac869933.png

Also, it is now available under "Community Guidelines"

2cfdd35d083bd1f0bf7bb64f86220b93.png

Please check them and let us know how do you feel about it now?

Also, we found that the Listener Room Review form was broken earlier. Heather fixed and updated it. Here is the Listener Room Review form

Also, we are seeking feedback on the recent changes happened in the community, please take a minute to submit your thoughts here.

If you missed it, here is the latest Weekly Group Support Letter- Week of Feb 03 for the read.

Thank you for your patience and support!!

@GlenM @Heather225 @Hope @Power @Mel @Amy @MistyMagic @BrilliantTurtle89 @Kindsoul10 @Wendybird15

isallyouneed February 5th, 2020

Hey ya'll

Gracey February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for this update Obs - The bold writing and clarification of rules is great.

Unfortunately the link to the listener room review form still isn't working!

ASilentObserver OP February 5th, 2020

@Gracey try now Gracey. I hope it works now

Gracey February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Yes all working perfectly!

@Gracey Glad to hear

brightCat6326 February 6th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Hi silent. Haven't been here in a while and now I'm back but my chatrooms dont seem to show. Why is that? Are there any?

parisayano February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you!

@parisayano thank you Paris

Leonardo81 February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Very concise. I would like to personally say that you gotta have rules to live by, and changes that allow growth gives everyone a brilliant opportunity to grow, I am happy to be around people that are going in the same direction as I am.

Loving the community, happy to have found it and helping people the right way is very important. Thanks for the update.

@Leonardo81 Thank you Leo

Jenna February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I really like the updated rules. They're more clear and understandable which helps us get to the point of specific rules in the L rooms. Thanks so much for working on this.

@Jenna thank you Jenna

Tyedyedbutterfly65 February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thanks Obs for the update but I am still not really clear on what can be talked about in the Listener Support room as far as are we allowed to chat about things UNLESS someone comes in for help and we all stop?

The reason I am asking is because as a Mod in the room i wanna be very cyrstal clear on this.... I also want others to see the replies here because we can all be on the same page.

Some are coming in and saying take this chat to the lcr or stop when someone is asking for help but there is no one asking for help so this can be a but confusing for everyone including the mods in the room.

We need to know what exactly is allowed because there is confusion on this. Idle chit chat is allowed and must stop when someone is asking for help..... get that but not getting why people are told to move to lcr when no one is asking for help so I am only guessing here we are to keep it at as Hi, How are you... etc.. no long conversations ?

I hope I am making sense lol..smiley

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 Hi Tye, thank you!

We made the post here on this.

All can have a general and inclusive chat in LSR as long as no one needed support. If anyone reaches out to seek support, all casual chats will be paused and focused on providing relevant support.

But, let's say some do not stop and parallel chats going while you are providing support to the needy one. It is requested that all who want to have casual chats and do not want to pause or stop, can switch to LCR.

Secondly. all chat whether in LSR or LCR, they must be in general nature and inclusive for all.

I hope it clears the confusion. But still have question, please share!

@ASilentObserver Thanks for replying and that is pretty much as it has been but we do get some that come in and explain this when there is no one needing help so then the whole room stops talking and complete silence happens .. so everyone needs to be on the same page with - It is okay to chat in the Listener support room but yes stop when someone needs help..

Listeners are being made to feel very confused and that includes Mods , peer supporters, chat supporters etc.. People are apologizing for not really doing anything wrong because they are being made to feel afraid to chat in the room ... this is hard to explain lol.. like with a silly conversation about food a mod will come in and say move this to the lcr and there is no one asking for help...... an example.

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 Well, if something like that happens, then you can share the post to them to read and understand as well as message Chatroom MLs, @Mel, @Power or me. We would be glad to help wherever we can.

@ASilentObserver Thanks smiley

MistyMagic February 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver In the post you mention it says this:

If any listener or a group of listeners want to have uninterrupted casual chats, we ask them to move to the Listener Community Room (Adults) and Teens can move to Member Community Room for lighthearted chats.

So that is what we have been doing; asking those that are having 'friend meetings' and don't welcome new people into the room, to move to the LCR. I think that is where the confusion may lay?

We know that some are now using the Listener Support Room as a meeting place for their friends and some are so cosy with their exclusive friendship chats there that they get quite hostile when a mod suggests they move to Listener Community Room. But that is where those chats should be.

We all need to stay on the same page here, and although I agree that simple, general inclusive chitchat can be had in LSR, it needs to be emphasized that meeting up with friends and making others feel unwelcome or not part of their 'in-crowd' is not.

I also feel that chichat should be stopped to welcome people to the room.

A lot of newcomers don't get welcomed and then do not dare disturb the ongoing chichat to ask for support, so I wonder if we are in fact missing this simple step here? Stop chitchat to welcome people, that way the room is slow and chatter stopped and the listener may feel more inclined to ask a question or ask for support. Also their request does not get missed in a sea of chatter with the mod then having to try and stop the chat to get to the request? This is also easier to enforce for all?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Tyedyedbutterfly65 February 7th, 2020

@MistyMagic I so agree we all do need to be on the same page and keep enforcing that the Listener community room needs to be used it is there for a reason.

CitrusBliss February 5th, 2020

Thanks for the update, Obs!

@CitrusBliss thanks bliss

EvelyneRose February 5th, 2020

great job!

zaatarHoney February 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I

zaatarHoney February 5th, 2020

I love when 7Cups submits my posts too soon! Lol!

I was meaning to say...

I look forward to checking out the updated guidelines! Thank you for all the work you guys do ♡