Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A message to group mods~ IMPORTANT

HopieRemi June 15th, 2017

I mentioned this in the rooms earlier, but I thought that it was too important just for the people who were there to hear it. I think it is very important that we remember that when we are in a member room, that we are wearing a badge that shows that we are a leader, so we are expected to act as such. Members and other listeners are going to be looking up to us when we are in the rooms, so it is our responsibility to make sure that we are treating everyone fairly. It doesn't look well when a member and a group mod get into a public argument. Sometimes it can be hard when a member points us out, but this is where your leadership comes in, and you have to take the higher ground and step away, swap with another mod or call for backup.

Something else that I feel we should avoid is openly disagreeing with each other as moderators in the room. I am not saying we are all going to always agree, but I am saying that if this is done openly, it takes away from the support that goes for members, and arguments between mods can be confusing for the members, especially when it is about a rule. Also, I feel that if you are a new to modding on 7cups and a mod states something in the room about a rule, you shouldn't challenge them in the room. Not only is it disrespectful and arrogant to someone with more experience, but it just like I stated before takes away from the purpose of the room.

One more thing, don't assume that you can be laid back in a room just because it is mostly chit chat or the room is not a "support" room. In all of the rooms, you are expected to be professional, supportive. Basically, when you are logged into your listener account, and you are in a room, you are there to support and to be an active listener. It's okay to be silly, yes, but you shouldn't be afraid to be a mod, either. You have to enforce the rules.

Before I wrap up this long forum post, I want to add, for your first few weeks as a new mod, and sometimes even more than that, you really should mod with your group mod buddy. I know that it is not mandatory, but it really helps you improve and can help make sure you stay a mod on 7cups!

Alright, I think I have held your time enough, and to those who actually read my whole message, thank you.

- BurningEmber.

sweetnutella June 19th, 2017

@JovialOne Agreed. Severel mods usually attend the discussion too. I feel less nervous, that's very helpful!heart

ItsPreeti June 19th, 2017

laugh@sweetnutella

Well I forgot to ask some points ☝️

1. Some mods don't behave appropriately in rooms like they support a topic which should not be supported .What should be done for that ?

2. There is a room it needs mods ,all mods rush and there land up three - four mods but one mod gives warning to that member then second mod also gives warning and then third mod also gives warning, it will be little unfair to members, So I feel in such case the mod that reached first should be warning and others shouldn't use for that time period. I might be wrong too.

What do you all feel for such situations ?

HopieRemi OP June 19th, 2017

@JovialOne

1) if you see a mod not following the rules or doing something that you feel is off for them as a mod, you can PM them and talk about it or fill out the mod review form in the chat room rules

2) That's okay because only the first warning in 30 seconds or so is going to count against that member. Mods who go in can PM each other or if it is a lot of mods, they can use the group mod zone and decide how they are going to do this, decide if many mods is needed, or let the person who greeted first stay in the room and go to another room.

@BurningEmber, Thanks for letting me know and clearing my doubts

HopieRemi OP June 19th, 2017

@JovialOne

you are welcome

KaylaBella June 26th, 2017

@matthewslistening check this post out cheekyheart

June 28th, 2017

@BurningEmber

Thank you for this post...and all the comments. Very helpful info for all Mods. smiley

calmMango9611 May 29th

@HopieRemi Your such a very wise person. I remember you from my listener and Modding days, here at 7cups. I am surprised you're not an Amb. of some kind here at 7cups. I feel you would be amazing at it. You inspired me. Thank you for doing that. Keep sharing your wisdom, with others.

Thank you, for all of your help and support. I could not have been a Mod. without it.

HopieRemi OP May 29th

@calmMango9611

Thank you for your very kind words.

calmMango9611 May 29th

@HopieRemi Your very welcomed, my friend.