Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Room Supporter: Updated Requirements and Application

ASilentObserver May 13th, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. I am glad to announce that we are making some changes to the requirements to become Room Supporter!

What is a Room Supporter?

Room Supporter is one of the key roles in the Group Support Chatroom. This role focuses on providing quality listening and support to community members in the group chat rooms. Room Supporters foster healthy and supportive conversations in the chat rooms to ensure everyone entering the room feels welcomed, empathized, validated, comfortable, and included in the group. This role is suited for both members and listeners because our members are also amazing and supportive listeners in the chat rooms to provide support to each other.

How do I become a Room Supporter?

Step 1. Requirements to Become a Room Supporter

A. For a LISTENER, Check your profile to make sure you meet the following requirements:

• No “Newbie” badge i.e. being a listener for 4+ weeks
  • Have 2+ Group Support Chats**

B. For a MEMBER, Check your profile to make sure you meet the following requirements:

• No “Newbie” badge i.e. being a member for 4+ weeks
  • Have the “Supportive Smile” badge
  • Complete the “Compassion Course

** If you cannot see the Group Support Chat rooms, please ensure you have Checked out the new criteria required to unlock the rooms.

**Listener Reputation (listener badges, cheers, and compassion hearts)

**Member Reputation (member badges, growth points, and compassion hearts)

Step 2:
If you have met the above requirements, fill out the Application Form. It takes 2-3 working days to review the application. On a successful application, you will receive the training invitation to complete it. Please note, while you wait to hear back on your application, continue participating in the chatroom & supporting the community. It will help you to become a wonderful room supporter.

Step 3:
Once you are contacted by a Group Support Leader with the training invitation, please read the guides carefully and complete the training.

Step 4:
If you passed the training, you will be listed as a “Room Supporter” on the leader board of focused sub-communities. You will be notified 1-1 by the Group Support Leader.

Step 5:
Visit your focused chat rooms and get to know your community members and start supporting them.

Once you are a Room Supporter for at least a month & if you meet the other requirements, you can then apply to become a Chatroom Moderator! Please check out this thread for more information on this exciting opportunity.

Who would be a good fit for this role?

It is suitable for both members and listeners who are...

• Compassionate, Kind, Welcoming, Non-judgmental, and Open-minded
  • Willing to make a difference in someone’s day through group listening and support
  • Willing to collaborate, cooperate and communicate with other team members
  • Acknowledge and validate their individual needs as well as the needs of the participants in the chatroom

Role and Expectations of a Room Supporter

• To proactively participate in community building with members, listeners, and moderators
  • To create a compassionate, supportive, safe environment in the group chat room
  • To foster healthy & supportive conversations in the chatroom. To do this, a room supporter could host:
  • Check-ins in the focused group chat rooms
  • Host/ Co-host at least 1 hour per team you apply to support (maximum of 2 teams)
  • To support members in the chat room through active group listening.
  • To communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with team members and the community
  • To brainstorm ideas, suggestions to problem solve a challenge, and concerns with the group support team and community

Thanks for all your help, and we look forward to hearing from you!

(Updated by ASilentObserver on 07/20/2023)

ASilentObserver OP November 20th, 2023

@Reggaeton yayyyy, I can't wwait to see you in this role! 

Antonio7Cups November 20th, 2023

@ASilentObserver 

Thank you :))))

sky2Ocean20 February 18th

@ASilentObserver

I am going to apply for it as soon as I meet the requirements 💚

ASilentObserver OP February 18th

@sky2Ocean20 sounds good Ocean. I look forward to receiving your application. 

Heartsandrosesandpaws February 18th

@sky2Ocean20

good luck