Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Out Of Site *but* Not Out Of Mind. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2022

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope July is treating y'all well. 💛

(❤This is not a farewell thread❤)

I was a bit hesitant to make this thread, mostly because I could consider a "why" behind "some" people not being on the same page about this. And hey, that's okay, we all think and work differently, have different experiences and lessons and how we apply those learnings in our future etc, makes sense for two people not agreeing over something, or having a different perspective on the same thing. Glass half full or half empty lol.

Having said that, I'd go ahead with it anyway xD because I have my reasons in place and I for one, value them enough to give them a space.

Hopefully we have some others who'd be on my page too, or least be willing to see it the way I do. I promise it won't hurt to try. 💛

When I was new to the forums (or 7 cups in general) I remember coming across these farewell/ on hiatus threads and it really spoke something haha, it was lowkey strange crying and feeling upset about someone leaving, someone that I don't even know or would ever know. Un-freaking-believable how things work for empaths sometimes. All the empaths in the house, I gotchu! :')

Being in those threads, reading the different posts, what really stood-out for me was the "mass-tags", or simply, tags, a lot of them.

Newbie me used to think if I would ever make a post in one of these threads meant for farewell, not too hard though, just passing thoughts that would I even be umm "important" enough that someone, anyone, an apparent stranger on the internet, would want to know if I'm around or not, or care about my where-abouts and how-abouts in general, and then I used to think if I'll find any people that would want to know or be tagged in these posts, if I do eventually make one someday.

I've always been fascinated by these threads and have realised that tags in these posts hit different, it's a bittersweet feeling that someone cared enough about you to let you know or make you aware of their where-abouts, to use their 'apparent' last moments in this platform (for the timebeing) to let *you* know that you've made some impact on them and their journey so far, that they remembered you in those moments, or that they didn't want to go before that one last "glance" at you.

I love-hate getting tagged in these posts. I love it because of the above said, it feels *unexplainable* kind of good to realise that someone would think of me right before they decide to leave (for whatever time frame that is), it's nice to know that I created some sort of impact that they knew in their heart and their mind that hey hey atleast Sun would want to know and would care enough to know about me. (Sun really does care and appreciates every single of these tags, yall)

And well ofcourse, hate (it's a strong word and I typically avoid using it, but really haha I hate goodbyes of any kind xD), hate because oh my, now that you've tagged me, it's just another reminder that we've established some sort of bonding and it is really awful to imagine this place without you now. But *sigh* it be like that sometimes! :')

Okay now all of that aside. And to quench your confusion about how the title links to the content lol. Let's move ahead xD

I've been on this platform for over 2 years now, and I've met countless people here, all amazing in their own wonderful ways.

Some I meet through forums, some via personal chats, some in group chats, by working together in a project and so on. Different people and different ways to meet them and see them around, I must say, I don't forget people quite easily, and definitely not the ones that have been kind, to me or in general. Now thing is, on a platform like this, there's a plethora of kind people haha, human brain can only memorize somewhat heh? xD

Soooo the other day, I was randomly thinking about someone from here who's unfortunately not around the site anymore, and it clicked that, we should have a place to throw in these random reminders out there.

A place to not just show gratitude towards someone who once was a more connected part of your life here, but to also sort of leave a "tribute". I get this might sound too mushy and philosophical (in a way) too lol, but I kept myself in this place (again, #PerksOfBeingAnEmpath 😛) and thought to myself, that if I were to take a break or step away from this wonderful place and people for a while, somewhere I'd want to be "not-forgotten" also, and then another thought to support, how gratifying it would feel to someday come back and see that there was atleast one person that thought of me even when I wasn't really around, or that, maybe just maybe for one person even, me being out of site, didn't have to mean, me being out of their mind altogether.

Trust me when I say this xD it felt beautiful to just picture this haha. Now I'm only wondering how it must feel "actually" someday, when it does happen, because *sigh* as much we'd like to deny, we know there's a life off cups, that can go all things demanding and pull us away sometime, something I believe everyone here has experienced in their time being here (especially on a listener account) or should be willing to accept, because again, #reality is definitely a good mirror!

What I do also know, is that, I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who randomly thinks of people here when they aren't active or around, for xyz reasons. Have seen so many people mentioning how a certain someone has made their life better and how they wish they could check on them or simply thank them for it.

A simple message like "I'm thinking of you." works magic.

Hoping that we all can use this space to give a shout-out to those that randomly cross your mind, be it while coming across a forum post by them, a series they mentioned they like, remembering someone with the name "orange" when you're nomming one (it has happened lol) or someone with "moon" in their name when you're gazing at night sky etc etc there's countless opportunities for these kind souls to cross our minds. I know you know it already. 💛

Who knows, some day they may or may not come across the tag and I can bet anything on this, it would make them feel happy and *remembered*. Orrr even if not, it'll be a good surprise to yourself how much you remember someone or about them still, despite the many days/ weeks/ months/ years being passed.

Disclaimer: We do want to be mindful about the guidelines, so ofcourse no sharing any personal information or chat details, or anything that you'd know is not good for a "public" forum space, that affects your anonymity or chat confidentiality or someone else's.

thinking-of-you-fly-by-hi.gif

We'd use this space for giving a shout out, a message. Something as simple as "I'm thinking about @AwesomeHooman today, they supported me with _____ (brief topic if you're comfortable) or like they were my mentor/ they lead great discussions, they were a friendly face in rooms, they made a good forum post etc anything. Or an even simpler message-- @AmazingBeing I miss you.

Sounds good, people? 😮💛

*sending lots of love and light to everyone* and *offering hugs to those that need them*

❤ We're all real, all humans with emotions here, it's okay to miss people, feel upset about or maybe even cry. None of us are alone in #BeingHuman.

Positive, Caring, Appreciative shout-outs only. Any messages violating such are subject to be removed under forum guidelines. Refer Here if there's any confusion. 💛

tranquilbear14 July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

This is such a wonderful post, Sun! Thank you for reminding us that the little things matter and how great it is to know there is someone thinking about you, so I appreciate you for creating this space. Keep being brilliant! ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 19th, 2022

@tranquilbear14

Aww Bearrrr *waves*, miss seeing you in chatrooms. But always a Joy to catch you in the forumland. Thankyouu so much for dropping by, you're incredible and I shall never forget the *waving bear*. 🤗❤

Moonlemon48 July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Back. for a bit and happy to read this, thinking about you everytime I see the sun, love xx moon

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 17th, 2022

@Moonlemon48

Ayeee my moonducklinggggg, whatta pleasant surprise, lovely. *hugs tight* You've been in my thoughts too, the bright and beautiful moon shining in the night sky is a wonderful reminder of *you*. ❤ How have you been?

SparkyGizmo July 17th, 2022

@Moonlemon48

Oh my gosh!!!!! Wonderful Moon! 😊 I am so happy to see you! I send big *hugs* ❤️ Please, can you "ninja" me again? 😊❤️

Honeymoonblue July 17th, 2022

Hi there sending good vibes and positive thoughts to you

have a great day

SparkyGizmo July 18th, 2022

@Honeymoonblue

❤️❤️❤️

happyTortoise26 July 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

My mentor when I first joined @ brilliantTurtle89. The most amazing and helpful person I have ever met online or in real life.

July 18th, 2022

@happyTortoise26 correcting the tag @brilliantTurtle89

brilliantTurtle89 July 19th, 2022

@happyTortoise26

I’m still here lovely Tortoise. Drop by for a chat any time💚

lueurspace July 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou oh my sunnie, this is such a thoughtful post and it made me so happy to randomly stumble upon this. you are such a precious soul, your light comes to my rescue yet again ☀️ it's really sad when people leave, but as you said, a simple "I am thinking of you" can go a long way

just today, I was revisiting old memories, people I once knew, and wishing that they were still in touch with me in some way or the other. I haven't been that active on my Listener anymore and I have lost touch with so many wonderful souls I found here. Here's a short letter to people who I dearly miss, with all of me even though I don't message as frequently/at all due to whatever reasons...

Dear you,

I still remember the first day we started talking. I just can't get it out of my head. I have been missing you for quite a while now but I know I haven't done much to reach out. No matter where you are, what you are doing, and who you are with, I remember you. We might have talked briefly, not even on those "deep talks" topics but you've made a special place in my heart. In some way or another, you are on my mind and a part of you will always remain with me. I have had the honour to cross paths with you. To be a part of your life and have you be of mine in a very significant way. You have helped me without even realising it. When I think of the time we spent together, I only have fond memories to look back on. I still remember what you have shared with me, I still think of you whenever life pauses for me and I have the moment to truly appreciate what it has been for me. I might not be able to have the same conversations with you, or maybe someday we will get even closer than how we have been in the past - neither of us can know. I know I haven't been too responsive, I am hardly even seen around. Life happens. Sometimes, it's just me and not life. But it never was you. I am who I am because of you. Meeting you has been the best thing that has happened to me because of 7cups. Even though I don't knock on your PMs as I once did, please do know, if I am sure of anything, it is that I still carry the same love for you as I always have.

Whether I become inactive one day or not, I know I haven't been the same "active" as I was at some point in time. Whether you read my posts, I reached out to you for something, or you're my friend - you have made an impact in my life. I will always remember you. I thank my lucky stars for giving me the privilege to have met you when I did. You are not out of my mind, irrespective of where life takes us or how far you/I get. You were once very dear to me, and I shall never forget the time we spent together.

Missing you, thinking of you. Now and always ❤️

lueurspace

(I am sorry for not being able to tag everyone I have met here): @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @SparkyGizmo @HopieRemi @DonaldDraper @Mango3 @Starmedia (everything I have been able to do on cups and in my real life, I owe so much to you - I miss you the most) @Aikyaa01 @Max741 @Exulansis00 @anonhelp123 @Starlasky @theriverissinging @Victor04 @Rosshini @GoldenRuleJG @SuryanshSingh

I am sure I am missing some names. But the funny thing is, I could still never forget you if we crossed paths. I hope life is treating you well. You are missed so much. I apologise if you come across this post and don't find your name - my memory hasn't been the best and I haven't been coping too well with some things. I still appreciate you. If we've talked and become friends - I remember *you* behind the username, what you've shared with me. I love you ❤️

"I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 18th, 2022

@lueurspace

*cries* Was hoping you'd stumble upon this hehe, luuu! And smh "short" 😛 I like how our "short" works lmao. Something again I relate with a handful of people only haha! *high-fiveeee*

Luuuu, you are something else. The way you express yourself is uncanny, I don't know how you do it ooof, and *every* *single* *time* without a miss, you deepen my admiration for you every time I see you around, or i think of you and you are so very much *present* in my thoughts always. ❤

What you said in this letter is everything I want to say to some people too hehe (including yourself lol, so maybe just read it again, like I said it to you xD), it really be like that sometimes un-freaķing-fortunately and Gosh, it feels nice someone relates and not just relates, but is actually sharing the boat with me, and we know we sync so well, definitely rowing this one together, shall reach the shore soon Haha!

The most beautiful words ever! You said it perfectly! I'm sure many here could relate hehe! Not being around doesn't ever have to equate in a loss of love for the person, it grows stronger instead, I believe.

I love youuuu moreee, Luuuu and nuuu, *you* are precious. ❤

Thankyou for *being* the light. ✨ You shine the brightest, my friend, the brightestttttt! *hugs tight and doesn't let go*

HopieRemi July 18th, 2022

@lueurspace love you

SparkyGizmo July 18th, 2022

@lueurspace

Oh my wonderful L Space! 😊❤️ Thank you so very much for your beautifully written forum post as well as the tag for me! ❤️❤️❤️ Please be rest assured, I don't take this lightly and the feeling is mutual! I feel as you feel. 😊

I love your thought process and I find it to be brilliant. You are *part of my tribe*. I don't take umbrage from not hearing from you. This is what true friends do. They give one another the time and space, they let one another know "here if you ever need me", and peoples lives do go in different directions.

My feelings are that you take a very mature approach to friendships! And not only a mature approach but something that is real, lasting, meaningful. Something that can be counted upon! Not this little "fly by night thing" where you are my bestie today because today we spent time together and "got up in each others faces", lol. I am your friend and I will be your friend for always! ❤️ Our friendship is deep and meaningful! ❤️

For me, I guess those are the best friendships of all. The people that I still think of, adore, love, respect, admire and truly live in my heart. The people that I would pretty much drop anything for if they needed me even if I hadn't spoken to them in quite some time. You truly are one of them! ❤️ The people that I see as a true gift to me just by seeing their screen name in a forum post or get to see them once in awhile in a room around here. Oh, how my heart fills with so much love ❤️, just to be even in the same space with them but if I'm not in the same space with them, they live in the space of my heart.

Yup, wanna' see Gizzie hit the ground running and drop everything, let it be for a true friend just like you around here. Oh, mercy me, I have quite a few like this in mind around here. Fascinating. That's when you'll see Gizzie stop their world from spinning and even prop it up on a kick stand! haha 😊

*high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️

theriverissinging July 20th, 2022

@lueurspace

*sends lovely lueur a smol gift in messages* 😔❤️

AffyAvo July 18th, 2022

I love this so much but oh my goodness there have been so many people over the years and I do not remember most of the user names! It's something that I miss the feed for, I used to us it to keep some tags accessible to me!

mytwistedsoul July 18th, 2022

This is such a wonderful post @Sunisshiningandsoareyou ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 19th, 2022

Aw yay @mytwistedsoul 🤗❤

Anomalia August 1st, 2022

@NoneTheWiser happened to spot this because someone else tagged me - thank you! <3 you are too kind to say that. I am still around 7Cups, but these days focus primarily on non-live member chats due to some life changes that make me unable to be here as often. BUT by PMs are always open and I'd love to hear from you if you ever want to talk or even just pop by to say hi! Sending you love and peace

PatienceImpatiens July 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou --- Actually really love this thread. Became "attached" to some anonymous strangers -- missed them sometimes. lol. I think you explained the conflict/conundrum beautifully, I really do.

July 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I stopped reading the post halfway 3-4 times, because it made me so emotional almost to the point that my meanie brain started thinking is it a goodbye post from Sunny, and I wasn't ready for a goodbye post especially not from you. So my heart started beating very fast and I started crying and kept repeating "please don't be a goodbye post" lol then I gathered the courage to read it and let my brain try to understand the actual purpose of this post. This was so thoughtful and super kind (obvious isn't it? coming from you). It was much much needed post. Thank you for providing everyone this space, thank you for your ultra kind and beautiful gesture. ❤️

Also , " All the empaths in the house, I gotchu! :') " - thank you for this ;-; ❤️ *shares a cookie while crying*

I could feel each and every word you said, feels like you spoke exactly what was inside of me (I am sure others could relate too )

I will be coming back to this thread again. ❤️

You're always in my thoughts, no matter wherever you and I go.

Love you. ❤️

Dandelion2405 July 22nd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

It's 3 am here and I'm in tears. I'm smiling through my tears. I'm a mess. Literally.

It just amazes me that someone on cups would think of me, especially since most of my old friends are inactive/gone. That someone remembers me even when I'm no longer around. I am beyond touched, Sun. Idk words have failed me.

I've been on cups since 2020 and been on a break this past year. I made so many memories. I miss my old friends who are gone and the ones I haven't been able to interact with lately. But I sincerely hope they're doing good wherever they are. I cherish all the fun times we shared. I think of yall from time to time :) ❤️

@ContainedChaos my cups bestie!! I loved getting to know you and seeing you around. I still remember how you always looked out for me, checked up on me and hyped me up 💖 I miss you and will always remember you, bestie!! You have a special place in my heart 💫

@blueLand5887 Blue! I used to always get so happy whenever I saw you in SCs. I've followed your journey for a long time and I'm always rooting for you. If you ever see this, I miss you, old friend! 💙

@CheeryMango my first ever SC co-host!! You made every session so enjoyable for me. Everything was easy as a breeze, hosting alonside you. Also learned a lot from you. Those were really fun times. Miss you. 🌸

Mae, amaezing Mae. You were the absolute best. So good at what you did. Everytime I saw you around, I felt supported, like someone had my back. You were so reliable and so caring. I hope you're doing well. Miss you so so much ❤️

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou last but not the least, here's to you Sun. It was always fun talking to you. This past year, you have reminded me quite a few times without fail that I am a cherished friend. You are so heartwarming and loving. I miss you. Squinting 'cause you are so bright!! ☀️ You really are the brightest of them all, Sun! Thank you so so much for tagging me and thinking of me 💞

7cups really is a beautiful place. Or I wouldn't be smiling and crying at the same time thinking of you people 🤧

Containedchaos July 28th, 2022

@Dandelion2405

Oh, I got teary eyed reading this. I miss you so much. I miss hosting. I had your back then, and still have your back now. School and life is a balance and sometimes things like Cups takes a back slide, but because it has been a safe place we keep coming back to nose around and check in.

I miss you tons!! You know how to reach me on here. ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 23rd, 2022

@Dandelion2405

Dannnn I had a teary-eyed smile at the "squints at sun" lol, somethings never change, aye? 😛

Hey hey hey, sooooo great to see you, and ofcourse you're remembered, it shouldn't be surprising hehe, and ofcourse I'll remind you that you're cared for, loved, celebrated and have someone to squint at (read: lean onto) whenever you need/ want to. *biggest hugs and lots of love your way* ❤❤❤ It still is the same for you by the way, a pm away, yasss. Hope you've been doing well! Thankyou for making this place even more beautiful by being here. Much love, gratitude and more love always.

placidAvocado2692 July 23rd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

i absolutely agree as it has affected me the same way and I also absolutely love the idea! Thanks for creating this space!

I'm happy you agree too, sharing the love is always a good idea, I feel hehe. Thankyou for replying here, @placidAvocado2692 ❤

placidAvocado2692 July 23rd, 2022

@LuLurings

i so so miss your friendly welcome every time I entered one of the group chats you were leading. Your absence has definitely left a void 😢. You were loved and I miss you ❤️

@placidAvocado2692

Oh dear, I can so very much relate, LuluRings is dearly missed by all of us, they truly left an impact by being their (as they used to say haha) "fabulous" and "neat" self. Sending love, Avo. ❤

placidAvocado2692 December 24th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks 

sunshinegiraffe123 July 23rd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I miss Amelia and Tazzie..

as well as bones .. a teen listener who the community lost…

Also.. I miss @Gracey who was a very good ambassador.

as well as Veronica :)

@sunshinegiraffe123

💛 *lots of comfy virtual hugs for Allie* 💛

LovingPeacefulHeart October 14th, 2023

@sunshinegiraffe123 I also miss @Gracey she was so wonderful in so many ways.

sunshinegiraffe123 October 15th, 2023

@LovingPeacefulHeart

@Gracey is one of the listeners that stood behind me when I needed a lot of support. She also pushed hard for the autism community, as at the time, cups didn't have one.

July 24th, 2022

Thinking of you, I hope you been doing well, safe and healthy. Idk if/when you're see it, just wanted to let you know you have been in my thoughts whenever you come across this. ❤️

@Max741 , @Justonemoreepisode , @theriverissinging , @iampapaya , @BluedarkAurora , @incognitoknight0101 @compassionateAngel25 , @Cheeringhands , @kindlemonade , @Dreamtouch , @Destiny00 , @CupidthekingofLove

BlueDarkAurora July 26th, 2022

@Aikyaa01 You've been in my thoughts as well <3 ^-^ <3 I appreciate you finding a space for me somewhere *-* floating in the thoughts. We live in a thoughtful world :3

c1a8e12b92897aae8a72cff5fd13feec.jpg

theriverissinging July 27th, 2022

@Aikyaa01

soo muuuchh love to youuu ❤️ thank you, how have you been? You are a beautiful person, know that you got thiss. I believe in you. ✨

Alyaa1911 July 27th, 2022

Thinking of you @Giovanni11 .. Wishing you a day that’s as awesome as you are! xD💛

Chevy81 July 29th, 2022

Thinking of you, i miss seeing your presence on this site but every teaching moment and legacy are definitely not out of my mind ❤️ know that i cherish you

@Keola @StormDancer @ProfessionalPerspective60 @Roadie @Lyra @ZaraSmiles @QuickJazz @Anomalia @sia1325 @Moonlemon48 @Power

Anomalia August 1st, 2022

@Chevy81 <3 I'm still around, but only in non-live member chats these days. But it's really good to hear from you and I hope you're doing well! Don't hesitate to pop into my PMs if you ever want to say hi :)

Chevy81 August 1st, 2022

@Anomalia Anooo it's been sooo long <3 *strolls into your PMs*