Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lucia

gentleemperor December 2nd, 2022

Lucia 🕯

(Saint Lucy's Day)

Would you like to join a Lucia Train? 🌟

A Brief Background

The Feast of Sankta Lucia is widely celebrated all over Scandinavia. It's originally a Christian feast day on December 13th which previously was the day of the winter solstice. Hence, it marked a path towards brighter times. 🌻

Nowadays it's celebrated at many schools and daycares with less emphasis on its religious roots. It's celebrated with saffron buns and gingerbreads. The main event is the Lucia Train, where people dress up to walk together and sing.

_1670019602.image.png

_1670019633.image.png

Everyone who wants can participate which leaves the question...

Would you like to join the Lucia Train? 🕯✨

You can choose between a few different roles/costumes and give me a brief description of how you would like to be drawn.

For example: "as a bunny with long hair". You can also put down color preferences! Just reply to this forum post and I'll try to make a doodle of it.

_1670016970.image.png

Our friend @kindSoul10 wanted to be a Lucia Bunny 🐰 Look look at the most left character! ✨

The Roles/Costumes

• Lucia - Crown of candles, red belt, white gown
  • Tärna (Maid) - Silver glittery crown and belt, candle in hand, white gown
  • Stjärngosse (Star Boy) - Top hat, star in hand, white gown
  • Tomte (Santa/Elf), Santa outfit and lantern
  • Pepparkaksgubbe (Gingerbread Man) - Made out of gingerbread with a candy cane in hand

On December 13th we'll go around Cups and carol! 😛🌟

If you would like to watch a Lucia celebration and listen to some music click here to go to a video clip since I can't add it to the post 🥺

~ Noot noot 🐧

Taaags:

@Amy @AmyMir6 @BlueRivercares @CommunitymodChristine @CommunityModFinn @confidentRabbit7311 @cristlecares @electricTouch2533 @EmoRex @EmotionsListener @FreedomFrenzy123 @Jenna @iCareUK @Kyoshi @LavenderHere @LittleBirdie @MagnificentSunrise @MelodyoftheOcean @NovaGalaxy @Selenne @SparkyGizmo @ThisCrazyLife77 @tidyHickory3283 @Walker7957

PAT hehe:

@amiableBunny4016 @BookishBlue13 @Bunny1637 @caringrain9809 @CosmicMiracle @cristlecares @dTanushree @Fristo @gentleemperor @GloriaD @Harsvin @JasmineFlower222 @jovialSunshine5049 @justFarheen @KimByeongIn @Liv125 @SirenOfSerenity @StargirlTina @SukoLovesHito133 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @TU100OT @TwoCreamTwoSugar @UniversalSmile @WinterFrosty

FreedomFrenzy123 December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Thank You ! your the best

_1670101517.98FA51CF-A7D0-4EFF-9BED-EBF07D47E58A.jpeg

gentleemperor OP December 3rd, 2022

@FreedomFrenzy123 aww 🥹💛

gentleemperor OP December 4th, 2022

@FreedomFrenzy123 beaaar santaaa 🐻

_1670189673.image.png

@kindSoul10 yours is updated 🌟💛🕯✨

_1670066266.image.png

kindSoul10 December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

That's so beautiful! Thank you!

ezgif_1670066944.com-gif-maker.png

@kindSoul10 thank you 🥺💖

*hands bunny tissues*

SparkyGizmo December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Hi Pengy Peng! 😊❤️ Oh my gosh! This sounds like so much fun and thank you for including me, my wonderful friend! ❤️ Also, I'm loving seeing your creative mind at work with all of these wonderful drawings that you are generating! These, for me, are things of beauty to see! 😊

I see these as special gifts that you are creating for your teammates, a labor of love, time invested to show how much you care! Our founder, @GlenM , has referred to us as a "gift giving society" and I think he would love nothing more than to see how you are embracing that concept, sharing of yourself, your time, treasures and talents and really being "the example" of that and in your own special way! ❤️

I also really appreciate you sharing more about you and your culture. I love this tradition and thank you for teaching us about it! 😊

This is soooooo cute how these can be "extensions" of ourselves here on 7 cups! I'm wondering if I can select "Star Boy" even though I'm female? It would seem like the easiest one to pick based on how I would kind of envision myself if I were to be able to request things about me to be added to that likeness. Not sure if it's an option, but I would love to have "Giz" across my chest and somehow a similarity of my pfp on the end the wand that he is holding (the bright burst with red and yellow) and the star on his hat to be really bright yellow with little beams coming from it?

*high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️ Thank you again Pengy Peng!

@SparkyGizmo Sparkyyy spark ❤️✨ Thank you for appreciating this post, idea and for being wonderful as always 🥰

Of course! You can be a star boy 🥳 I’ll try my best to make all your wishes come true 😛 Do you have a preference when it comes to hairstyle and such? Should it be human looking? 🤓

@gentleemperor

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you Pengy Peng! I guess, if I am able to choose, can I have long, straight, light brown hair? Truth be told, I just recently cut my hair into a cute "bob style hair cut" but I do it all of the time and it grows back quickly. It will be long before I even know it, lol.

@SparkyGizmo sureee thing 🥳

Ohh I remember that you talked about a haircut 😍

@gentleemperor

❤️❤️❤️

gentleemperor OP December 5th, 2022

@SparkyGizmo gizzzzzzz- you've got a waaand 🪄❤️

_1670263161.image.png

SparkyGizmo December 5th, 2022

@SparkyGizmo

@gentleemporer

Hi Pengy Peng! 😊❤️ For some reason, the thread will not let me "reply".....does not show a "reply button" to your beautiful artwork for me.

Thank you so very much my wonderful friend! This is perfect!

*high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️

@SparkyGizmo Aw thaaank you *high fives* and *biiiig hugs* ❤️

The forums won't let you reply after a number of messages. I've been too lazy to count the number xD But yeah, happens if you've replied to each other a couple of time 😛

SirenOfSerenity December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor This is a very wonderful and interesting to learn, and a beautiful idea to bring to Cups 💙 Can you doodle me as a mermaid version of Tärna ? :3

SirenOfSerenity December 3rd, 2022

With tons of blue and purple if possible :3 Pink is my favorite color but blue and purple are so serene to me

@SirenOfSerenity 🧜‍♀️ mermeiiid tärna 🥳🌟

_1670268470.image.png

SirenOfSerenity December 5th, 2022

@gentleemperor omg it's so perfect 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲 thank you so much this actually brought a tear to my eye

@SirenOfSerenity awww 🥺❤️ I hope they’re good tears 💕

@SirenOfSerenity thanks for thinking so 🥰💕

Sure, I’ll try to draw you as a mermaid tärna! Blues and purples 😍 Let’s see how it will turn out 🐧✨

VictoriaLove7 December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Hi! I just happened to find this thread, it sounds fun! 😁 Is it only those get tagged who get to be drawn or choose the costume or can anyone join st Lucia train?

Heeey @VictoriaLove7! Everyone can joiiin 🥳 Please join if you want to 🥰

I just tagged people to get some attention lol 😛🐧💕

@gentleemperor

Yay! Can I be a female Santa Claus? 😁 and join the train 😊

Weeeee @VictoriaLove7 alright! 🥳

Do have any other preferences/ideas? 🌟

@gentleemperor

😁 what about an elf holding a rainbow mug?

@VictoriaLove7 woah I really like that idea 😎 Alrighty, hear from me later!... probably in a couple of days (hopefully sooner lol) 😛🥳

@VictoriaLove7 here's an elf holding a mug with a rainbow 🥺🌈

_1670283107.image.png

VictoriaLove7 December 6th, 2022

@gentleemperor

Aww thank you!! It's so cute 😍 😃

A girl elf holding a rainbow mug!! I love it 💜💛❤💖🤗🥰 I like her pink hair too!

Thank you!! 🤗🥰 ❤💖💛💜

Noot noot

gentleemperor OP December 6th, 2022

@VictoriaLove7 aww thanks for liking it 🥰💕 You’re so very welcome! 🌟

emotionalTalker2260 December 4th, 2022

😮 can i be a lucia dino? Or a butterfly 🥺💖

@EmoRex of course 🦕🦋 rawrrr 💕

emotionalTalker2260 December 4th, 2022

@gentleemperor

yayyyyy

@EmoRex I don't know how dinos wear dresses 🥺💕

Here is Dino Lucia 🌟

_1670343223.image.png

emotionalTalker2260 December 6th, 2022

@gentleemperor

D: its soooooooooo adorableeeeeeeeeeeeee *puts it on!*

@EmoRex awww thaaank youuu 🥰 I'm glad that you like it 🥺💕 Dino cute in dress 😉

Optimisticempath December 4th, 2022

this is such a cute idea and I loved the avatars till now posted 🥰

can I join also?

Aww thanks @Optimisticempath 💕 Of course you can join! 🌟

Who/what would you likeee to bee? 🐧💛

Optimisticempath December 5th, 2022

@gentleemperor thankyouu 🥰 I'd like to be a white Bear with Christmas decors or santa clothing lol

I found a picture of what I imagined could you make me something like this booo 🥺

_1670231512.image.png

@Optimisticempath aww that is cute 🥺 I’ll tryyy 💕

Optimisticempath December 7th, 2022

@gentleemperor thankyouuuuu☺💕

would @mytwistedsoul like to join? (Remember the renaissance fair .... we can dress up and have fun virtually 🥰🥰)