Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A month of treating myself to something nice

pandanfe July 20th, 2023

20th July, 2023

I want to do something nice for myself everyday for a month. As a result, I'll be updating this post every day with nice things I do for myself. I'm sharing this because I don't want to leave in between feeling discouraged. I'm hoping for warm community support.

End date: 20th Aug, 2023

Thank you in advance!

pandanfe OP July 20th, 2023

20th July

Today I created this thread to encourage me with self-care.

pandanfe OP July 21st, 2023

21st July

Today was a self-care day. I went for full face threading session and then followed it with a relaxing face pack. I'm feeling more beautiful and confident than earlier...

pandanfe OP July 22nd, 2023

22nd July

Today was my friend's birthday. So I went to meet her and had a nice time together in park.

I also got mehndi (hennah) as a part of festive month "Shrawan" here in Nepal. Putting mehndi during the month Shrawan is a cultural thing but I felt like doing as it keeps kinda cute vibe...

pandanfe OP July 23rd, 2023

23rd July

Today, I went out to hang out with two of my friends. We visited a waterfall and had a wonderful times, even daring to dance under water with lots of people around. Aditionally, we had a waterfall photoshoot.

I also challenged myself to strike up conversations with people around us lol... and It went well :P

JadeAnna July 23rd, 2023
  1. @pandanfe
  2. Very good goal! You're taking care of yourself, mentally and physically. I wish you a beautiful month of "self-celebrating" 😊 and the best! JA
pandanfe OP July 24th, 2023

@JadeAnna

"month of Self-celebrating" sounds fun

Thank you for your good wishes JA <3

pandanfe OP July 24th, 2023

24th July

Today was totally unproductive day and I was still tired due to dullness... So i took a nap for an hour around evening.

pandanfe OP July 25th, 2023

25th July

I had some alone time today. I love isolation and being present with myself at the moment is the best thing.

pandanfe OP July 26th, 2023

26th July

Today I had a movie date with myself... I like horror movies so i watched "The shining". It was recommended by one of the mate from cups :P

pandanfe OP July 27th, 2023

27th July

I went out with my cousin today. We hanged out and had a photoshoot in the spot. It was a beautiful day today 😊

pandanfe OP August 6th, 2023

6th August

Today too was a cramp day, so had a good rest at home...

serena11811 August 18th, 2023

@pandanfe Sometimes a nap is all you need. Doing nothing doesnt mean you didnt achieve anythings, it means you let yourself rest!

hamzahasphobias July 24th, 2023

can u help me also @pandanfe

pandanfe OP July 25th, 2023

@hamzahasphobias

Self-love is individual thing and the journey might differ according to one's experience. One of the thing towards self-loving is wanting to do something for yourself and you cleared your first step by reaching out to the forum regarding.

I wish you very best in your journey towards self-love. And trust me when I say, "it brings more pleasure, self-esteem, self-confidence and many more." I hope this journey provide you with everything a self-love can give.

Also, don't forget to reach out to me if you're stuck or want any sorta guidence. I'll be happy to be with you in your journey.

pandanfe OP July 28th, 2023

28th July

Today I had a mixture of productive and unproductive moment. I wasn't productive earlier but then again I reminded myself that it wasn't worth. And then I started focus on my stuffs.

It feels so much better to motivate oneself and actually listen to it and get the job done 😊

pandanfe OP July 29th, 2023

29th July

I had a long walk to museum today. I was doing a slight dance on the way, then I made a rotation while dancing and saw few people walking behind us 😐 and then again, on the museum, I was trying classical poses of statue and one of the aunt pointed to me and asked me to be careful so that I won't break any glasses (she said it sweetly) and I laughed and then turned back and walked lol...

pandanfe OP July 29th, 2023

29th July

... and also now I'm more interested in semi-classical dance (I'm not a dancer)

pandanfe OP July 30th, 2023

30th July

Today was a no work day, i came back from classes... did my notes and had a relax day today. I also did a bit of cooking 😋

pandanfe OP July 31st, 2023

31st July

I went through some questions that would help me know better of myself and it went really well. I would post those questions in a forum in few days...

pandanfe OP August 1st, 2023

1st August

I really like learning new language but i'm never consistent with it. I practice for few days and when I get back to it after few months, i would have forgot it already. Consistency is the key for sure.

So I started learning French again since yesterday and I've only learned it for 10 mins yesterday and today. So i'm really proud of myself

pandanfe OP August 2nd, 2023

2nd August

Today, I went to panipuri date with myself in the evening.

pandanfe OP August 3rd, 2023

3rd August

I did some writing today... It was nice to write again after a week or so.

pandanfe OP August 4th, 2023

4th August

Today was a lazy day... However, i made myself iced tea for the first time and enjoyed it with calm relaxing music 😊

pandanfe OP August 6th, 2023

5th August

Can't believe I forgot to update yesterday lol... Wasn't feeling well yesterday due to period cramps, so i decided to rest yesterday. Also reached out to someone who I used to see everyday but never initiated talk.

pandanfe OP August 7th, 2023

6th July

I listened to lofi music and gave myself some relaxing time... I also volunteered to group to help spread positivity

pandanfe OP August 8th, 2023

8th August

I had a cold bath (usually i've warm bath) and did meditation for a while after long

pandanfe OP August 9th, 2023

9th August

I normally sleep late, so today, I decided to sleep early with a calm music. So am just gonna do it.

Gutu mutu night ❤️

pandanfe OP August 10th, 2023

10th August

I normally drink water randomly and like just a sip at a time. So its never enough. Today I did drink from glass and kept the measurement and drank enough water :P

pandanfe OP August 11th, 2023

11th August

I really wanted to learn French so I continued with the lesson and i'm trying to adapt myself in french culture

pandanfe OP August 12th, 2023

12th August

I learned about goal vs system the day before yesterday on course 1 of Leadership Development Program and I made a set of system for myself. I started implementing it since today.

pandanfe OP August 13th, 2023

13th August

Today had been the most productive day of the month. I'm really proud of myself for today.

pandanfe OP August 14th, 2023

14th August

It had been a while since i did any exercise or yoga, so me and my cousin joined this 31 day sweat session (though dance). I feel like its 2 in one challenge as I can learn dance as well as stay fit. Also I did follow up yoga after the dance session. Hope to stay consistent with this as well...

pandanfe OP August 15th, 2023

15th August

Today had been the worst day in awhile. So i asked for a emotional support to a friend and he was really helpful, and again i needed peer support cause of other stuffs and I'm grateful that i took step into reaching out for help 😊

pandanfe OP August 16th, 2023

16th August

Today I took a challenging stuff for myself so its gonna be a bit tough for me but i hope i can cope up with it.

pandanfe OP August 17th, 2023

17th August

Today I did nothing nice to myself so I thought of at least drinking warm water before bed in order to do sth nice for myself.

pandanfe OP August 18th, 2023

18th August

I opened up about the things that i wasn't liking to someone really special. All these times, I was only silent cause i didn't wanna hurt their feelings. However, I did open up today and my way of opening up wasn't good cause i only showed my madness at first but eventually I end up opening up in a proper manner and they understood what I meant. They also assured me that thing won't be repeated by him.

pandanfe OP August 19th, 2023

19th August

Today had been very productive. I listened to music and right now, i'm chilling and sharing my life stories with buddies 🤗

pandanfe OP August 20th, 2023

20th August

Today is the last day of the month where I had been treating myself to something nice. Its not like i'm gonna stop treating myself better after today, its just i'll be stopping this journal here. Ofc, today was the last day and it had to be sth special. So I did self-reflection on how the month went, and i also made forum post related to it which you can check here.

What else could be better than helping someone to make yourself happy? So, surprisingly I got this opportunity to help someone out of nowhere. When I was going to my class, there was one uncle who had shared a seat in bus with me and he didn't have umbrella and it started to rain. Uncle didn't have an umbrella so I took the long way to class so that I can share my umbrella with him. Ofc I was few minutes late for class but it was all worth the help.

Also I wanted to gift something to myself so I thought of gifting myself a brand new sketch book just the way I like it. I searched whole market but I couldn't get the way I like it cause my preference is a bit different when it comes to a sketch book. I like A4 size spiral sketch book but the spiral on the longer side of the book, normally, its on the smaller side on my place. And ofc I do have my own preference when it comes to paper quality as well. So it was hard for me to get that one and I didn't wanna compromise because it was a gift after all. One of the stationery said they will order the exact way I want, so hopefully I may get it in few days.

Nail is sth that I'm so obsessed about when it comes to my personal preference. I also got my nails done after awhile so its kinda cute.

And thank y'll for being there for me though out the journey cause it means a lot. I wouldn't have done it without your support 🤗

wildflower999 July 20th, 2023

@pandanfepikachu.gif

pandanfe OP July 21st, 2023

@wildflower999 Thank you so much flower <3