Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Whats the point...

kylersartpace February 17th

Im not going to tag anyone because i know no one will care...but if someone sees this please tell me whats the point me being on cups...like really...i have no one....no one ever reaches out to check on me to see if im ok...i keep being picked on in the rooms for being myself and i cant take it anymore....ever since i came to adult side of cups its been really bad for me...ive lost pretty much all my friends i made on teen side...i dont know what to do anymore...i honestly dont even know what friends are anymore because like people say they will stay and talk to me but they never do stay they always just walk out of my life.....ive nearly started to lock myself away and not open up to anyone at this point because i feel like i would just get judged or picked on for not being ok or something....i dont know what to do anymore....so really whats the point me being on cups....

ASilentObserver February 18th

@kylersartpace It sounds like you are feeling discouraged about finding support on 7 Cups after experiencing negative interactions and losing friends. It can be especially difficult when people promise support but don't follow through. Please know, your feelings matter, and seeking help is courageous. You deserve to find genuine connections and support.

kylersartpace OP February 18th

@ASilentObserver

idk dont think i really do everyone just ignores me so whats the point

unassumingEyes February 18th

@kylersartpace Im sorry the adult side was hard :0 idk u but if u were still in teenie side i think we cld have been frnds…I think the point of staying on cups is trying…but smtimes it’s hard to try…and other times it doesnt work…i think it’s brave of you to reach out…and tho im a teenie, im always up for making frnds, if you like.

scarletPlane860 February 18th

We love you dear. 💜🙏

Icantfindaname18 February 18th

I’m new here.. but I just read your post and I’m ready to listen to you.. I’m free most times of the day and I would feel better if I can help you at least by listening:)

Countrygirl095 February 19th

We're all here for you and we all care about you

Countrygirl095 February 21st

@kylersartpace we're always here for you especially me you're not alone

TheLagoonSystem February 21st

@kylersartpace it's your choice whether or not you leave, but i know that a lot of people will miss you. you're fun to talk to, and we miss you on teenie side. if you do choose to leave, be safe, okay?

kylersartpace OP February 21st

@TheLagoonSystem

clearly not missed from teen side...when no teens talk to me on the forum i have made for that purpose...

@kylersartpace

make a forum with me then, and Brody. we're all going through our own stuff, maybe you should reach out and make sure they're doing okay, you may not be being ignored on purpose.

@TheLagoonSystem

whos brody....

@kylersartpace

the headmate of mine you met.

@TheLagoonSystem

ahh ok....idk if they would want that though...

WellsFiction February 21st

@kylersartpace Hey. Sorry to hear. Sometimes people don't have the time to respond, but I know they should. Being ignored hurts whether it's intentional  or not. Try not to worry about it. Find some positive things to do for yourself. Never stop reaching out. There is someone out there who will listen. 

Mack February 22nd

@kylersartpace

You sound like me when I aged up 🙃 It’s a hard adjustment and transition from teen side to adult side. I spent multiple years on teen side, basically growing up there. I made a lot of friends and a lot of connections with people. Aging up sucked, finding my people on adult side was near impossible and truthfully, most people aren’t as kind here. They definitely don’t tip toe around anyones feelings either. But. it’s also a much bigger community than teen side is.

I may sound harsh, but I’m going to be honest. Being on adult side is going to be what you make it. You sort of have to create your experience here and chances are not everyone is going to like you. But you don’t need everyone to like you. You just need to find a couple people. And while lurking around today I saw multiple members defend you to another member. So some people definitely do like you. Your attitude is either gonna make or break your experience here.

And for what it’s worth, teens posting in your “keep in touch” forum probably doesn’t reflect on how much they miss you. Mine will be dead for months and then I will get a random tag. I miss all of my teen friends a ton, I do not tag them in a forum every time I miss or think of them. Usually once every couple months. Everyone is busy with life, it doesn’t mean people don’t care anymore.

Anyways, I know aging up is hard and feels extremely lonely, but you aren’t alone. And to be honest, there are a lot of aged up users that hang around the group chats. We all know what it’s like and we can all be here to help you adjust. I hope your cups experience starts to improve soon.

kylersartpace OP February 22nd

@Mack

who tried to defend me...like really....

and people dont help my struggle to adjust....its so much harder for me to adjust with me having adhd and asd but people dont care about it....

Mack February 22nd

@kylersartpace

I cannot give out names but I can assure people were defending you.

And I just told you I would help you if we are ever around at the same time. And I know there are others who would too. Some of us aged up not too long ago as well so you definitely aren’t the only one adjusting. I aged up 9 months ago and I am just now started to feel adjusted. And, a diagnosis isn’t a definition of someone and regardless of it, you deserve to be supported. We all had/have our own personal struggles regarding aging up. It’s not easy for anyone. It takes time. You have to decide how you want your experience here to be, though. And your attitude towards the adjustment will have a huge impact on your experience.

@Mack

i tried,,,but i keep being pickeed on...and im tired of it...

Mack February 22nd

@kylersartpace

Yeah, that’s part of life, a *** part of life, but part of life nonetheless. I still get picked on. In fact, getting picked on is one of my kinder experiences here. I’ve been stalked, harassed, impersonated, abused, etc. The internet sucks and people suck. Not everyone is nice. Ignore them. There are others people, kinder and more caring people. Who cares what a few random online *** think? Find your people and stick with them. It’s not fair that people aren’t being kind to you and it’s not right but what can you do. If it’s constant, screenshot and report it. Otherwise I’d suggest muting or ignoring and focusing on those that actually matter.

@Mack

i only know 1 person who actually cares....maybe 2...

Mack February 22nd

@kylersartpace

It takes time. If it means anything, I care. And I know the more people you meet, the more people you will find that care. Be patient. Nothing good comes fast, the world isn’t that kind. But you have to go into it with a positive, or at least neutral attitude if you want any sort of positive outcome. Otherwise it’ll become a self fulfilling prophecy and then you’ve screwed yourself.

Harish February 22nd

I'm sorry that you're going through a tough time. Some changes are hard, especially when you're dealing with complicated situations already. I don't know much about groups, but as I understand it, 7 Cups is there for you when you really need someone to listen to – someone who won't judge you for what you share. Yes, it's also a community where members and listeners sometimes reach out to each other. But one downside of communicating through texts is that misunderstandings can happen. Sometimes we don't mean to upset anyone, but they might feel ignored or hurt unintentionally. In the end, we have to accept that people often go to the ones they feel most comfortable with. It's not always our fault if we don't fit into that category for someone. I've been chronically ill for most of my teenage years and even afterward, so I understand how it feels when friends prefer others over you. But now, I realize that people have their reasons for what they do. There will always be someone who wants to talk to you and be with you no matter what, but sometimes we're just not that lucky. Stay positive, I'm quite sure things will get better for you.

Countrygirl095 February 25th

@kylersartpace you're worthy remember that