Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #36: Can you list five things you love about yourself?

ASilentObserver April 18th

Hello all! 

Last week we discussed: What healthy coping mechanisms do you use to manage difficult emotions? If you haven't checked yet, please click here to add your thoughts. 

This week's prompt-  Can you list five things you love about yourself? 

We often find it easier to criticize ourselves rather than celebrate our strengths. But it is okay to practice self-love and acknowledge the positive qualities that make us unique individuals. So, let's reflect and list five things we love about ourselves.

Join us in the 24/7 General Support Group Chat to share and support each other.

loof-and-timmy-loof.gif

@ASilentObserver

I love that I finally ended a 22 year relationship with my narcissist boyfriend about 6 months ago 

I love that I’m very resilient and keep bouncing back even though I had way too many challenges in my life 

I love the fact that I’m very big hearted and giving even though it gets me hurt a lot of times but it is not going to stop me from being the person who I am 

I love that I have a lot of common sense which a lot of people don’t have because you can’t learn that in school and you CANNOT FIX STUPID 

I love that I was given the opportunity to clean up Ground Zero for nine months ( somebody had to do it 😥)

And if I may add one more, oh I have so many more, I love that I joined this site which is helping me a great deal and making new friends 🤩🤩🤩🤩

I could go on and on but you specified just five 😂🤣😂

In other words there is a lot more that I love ❤️ about myself 

ASilentObserver OP June 24th

@sympatheticCat267 It looks like you are finding some strength in reflecting on your positive qualities after ending that 22-year relationship. What is it been like to focus on yourself and your resilience these past six months?

bearbearr June 12th

@ASilentObserver

1...i love that im understanding person 

2 .....i like my curiosity

3.... i love that im intelligent and can learn anything in short time .

4.....i love that i have s many hobbies and can make myself happy 

unassumingEyes June 12th

@bearbearr you sound like a really nice person 🩷

@bearbearr It is there are some things about yourself that you appreciate. What do these traits mean to you?

PPH June 12th
  1. I am empathetic
  2. I am outgoing
  3. My smile is infectious
  4. I am humble
  5. I am straightforward

@PPH It sounds like you have some great qualities. What do you think these traits bring to your relationships?

Itisbailey June 13th

@ASilentObserver

I am kind, I can overcome a lot, I am a hopeful person, I am learning to love myself slowly, I am a good nurse and advocate for my patients. 

I've missed 7cups!!!

@Itisbailey It sounds like you have many positive qualities and strengths. What makes you feel hopeful?

AkiraOlp June 13th

@ASilentObserver

Hey this is my first thing I've ever replied to so uh...yay? This might be hard. 

1: I'm blunt, which is something my boyfriend really likes. He says I'm straight to the point and don't beat around the bush. 

2: I've been told I'm naturally pretty. Some days I do feel like a model, with my high cheek bones and naturally pretty eyes and brows. My features are striking if you look long enough, and I like that about myself.

3: I like that behind my issues with depression, I'm a positive person. I want to be happy, and I want to have friends and do things. I think I have a lot of self-awareness and emotional intelligence; I just wish it didn't get clouded so often by mental illness. 

4: I'm going to get a degree as a Vet Tech, with animals, which is something I've always wanted to do. I can't imagine myself getting any other degree. 

5: I can sing, and I did solo performances a lot when I was in my senior year of high school. 

@AkiraOlp I am glad you reached out. It seems like there is some aspects of yourself you enjoy and appreciate. What makes you most proud of these qualities?

quickwittedKite83 June 13th

Why did this make me cry. Probably bc I've had so many negative thoughts lately. 

1. I'm a good listener. 

2. I'm a good mom. 

3. I'm an awesome cook! 

4. No matter how tough life gets ill find a way. 

5. I love my creative I am. 

@quickwittedKite83 It sounds like these affirmations are important to you. Crying can happen when we're feeling vulnerable and overwhelmed by our emotions. What do these statements mean to you?

flutteringpixies June 15th

@ASilentObserver

1. I love that I'm trying to love myself

2. I love my sense of humor

3. I love my creativity

4. I love my eyes

5. I love my desire to do better :)

@flutteringpixies It is great that you have found some things to love about yourself. What makes you feel most loved?

Karenflb June 16th

@ASilentObserver

I like that:

1 I am a good cook

2 I am good with money

3 I am creative

4 I am a warm, caring human being

5 I am trustworthy

@Karenflb These are great qualities, Karen. What do these strengths mean to you?

Karenflb June 26th

Good question! Thank you for making me thing and appreciate my strengths.

I am grateful that I believe that I have strengths, and for in this moment, I can feel good, and proud about some aspects of myself.

goodMaple2519 June 17th

1. My knowledge of robots 

2. My friend

3. 7Cups

4. That YouTube that broke my doomscrolling

5. The electronic company that sent me a bunch of free stuff

@goodMaple2519 It is great that you have found some things that bring you joy. What has been most helpful about your friend?

goodMaple2519 June 25th

@ASilentObserver

That one of them support me through everything. 

sincereWillow197 June 24th

I love my resilience, heart, understanding, openness, and diligence.

ASilentObserver OP June 27th

@sincereWillow197 Those are some good list to be grateful for. What do you think are some things that hold you back?

Swordpsalm June 24th

@ASilentObserver

1. I love God, who has guided my life despite hardships and pain.

2. I love that I have a job to return to so that I can continue to earn to save money for tuition to complete my Master's degree (as ordained by God).

3. I love the fact that I have church friends that can pray for me (my prayer requests) and mentor me.

4. I love that God has opened up an opportunity in the distant past to get my glider pilot's license.

5. I love the fact that God continually inspires me to be creative in the areas of art, architecture and music.

@Swordpsalm I am glad you have found some things that bring you joy and give you hope during difficult times. What do these things mean to you?

tealBear2472 June 26th

1. I am good at over reacting.

2. I am good at being a hospitable host. I make sure to bring my guest blankets and food.

3. I am good at laughing.

4. I am good at taking notes.

5. I am good at finding opportunities in my side hustles.

@tealBear2472 it is good that you have found some strengths within yourself. What do you think would it mean to you if others also saw these qualities?

TheSunParadox33 June 26th

This will be a tough one. It’s hard to list positive things about yourself especially when most if not all you have are the negative opinions of others. But I will comply.

Loyal

Honest

Trustworthy

Resilient

Flexible

@TheSunParadox33 It feels like you are experiencing difficult feelings about the way others view you. However, I appreciate you to try to identify some strengths. How do these traits show up in your life?

TheSunParadox33 June 27th

Good observation…let’s see…

-Have hobbies that bring me joy

-listening to high tempo music energizes me

-love to cook, laugh and joke with my girls(count as one… 🤭🫣🤔?)

have a knack for making people smile

like to dress nice and look good

all of these things allow me to still be present for and with the people I care about the most

tealBear2472 July 5th

I love that I am unafraid to go shopping at a mall by myself.
I love that I can take a hint and help start taking out the Dyson Fan.
I love that I take my time and slowly advocate for myself when I bought eyeglasses journey - from Kaiser to going to Jins and taking a break in the seats outside to check if that's what I want.
I love that I have such a comfortable family I can talk to daily if I want.
I love that I'm starting to talk to people in my bf's family and my own family even though I'm nervous.

@ASilentObserver
I love my Story writing 
I love my Wavy hair
I love my Mandala drawing
I love my skin tone
I love the way I talk

kindStrings3073 July 5th

I love:

My determination

My passion for the field I work in (education)

My auburn hair (after a while dying it dark brown in my teens)

Getting to work with children - especially those with SEN and ACEs

My independence and ability to think "outside the box" to get results

SadNLonely9 July 5th

@ASilentObserver This is a challenging one for me to complete, but I am getting out of my comfort zone and I will give it a try. Also, I won't lie. It took me awhile to make this list and I had to do a google search to come up with the last one.

Five things I love about myself:

1. My heart-I have a big heart and a lot of love to give.

2. I am loyal to those I care about

3. I am supportive and always available for others

4. I have a funny sense of humor, and there is a lot that can make me laugh

5. I am compassionate and empathetic towards others

tealBear2472 July 7th

I love that I have help waking up.

I love my job cat sitting and playing with the cats.

I love that I can make the cat's day better.

I love my determination to learn. I signed up for cbt course package and am making headway in gaining control of negative thoughts so far. 

I love quiet time...and am learning to drop critique about myself when I'm by myself.oof. it's difficult.i want it tho.

Chuan103 July 8th

@ASilentObserver

Hi there!

I love my resilience 

I love that I am patient 

I love my courage 

I love my independence 

and most importantly, I love my imperfections!

tealBear2472 July 9th

I am responsible.

I am an introvert who needs solo shopping trips and quiet cooking time to myself.

I am compassionate.

I am determined and productive.

I am a procrastinator and confused too sometimes.

tealBear2472 July 9th

@tealBear2472

Which causes me to be a problem solver to find the solution to the confusion.

@ASilentObserver

1. I'm stubborn 
  2. I do skincare and selfcare daily
  3. I've been through a lot and done a lot
  4. I work on myself and am a published award winning poet
  5. I learn something new every day

akunknown July 9th

@ASilentObserver

Only 5? That’s all? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I’ll try my best but idk bc I got way more than just 5 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously though (in no particular order:)

1. Empathy/empathetic/kindness

2. Willpower/Never give up no matter what 

3. Cut off my “family” (stole this one from another user 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 but it’s true that I cut them off) 

4. Creativity (when it shows, just wish it showed more than it does tbh but I still love that I have it) 

5. Everything else that makes me me (sorry I just literally had to 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂)