Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A funny yet saddening incident

loyalBlueberry7653 September 6th, 2023

Today, something funny yet saddening happened to me. i dont have anyone to share it with so its you all

As i was in my class listening to the teacher, the teacher called me out and asked me why i looked so sleepy, tired and sad. ( i wasnt sleepy or tired though). I just said no I'm not and left it.

The teacher then told the whole class to list one of the main reasons as to why i might be tired. He was expecting the answer anemia and hypothyroidism but the students answers were the funniest. One said bipolar disorder, one said anxiety, one said depression. The teacher was like, 'stop calling your friend bipolar, they aren't bipolar' , when someone said anxiety the teacher said 'no, they do not have anxiety'

it was really funny because i am bipolar, i have an anxiety disorder, i am depressed XD

I just never told any of them that i am. I wanted to laugh badly about how true they were and how wrong the teacher was to say, no they do not have any of these.

But at the same time i just cannot believe, how i am just a package of mental illnesses mised up and made into a person.

Today, another person told me that i look so tired and that made me wonder, do i actually look that tired? I never felt like it. It's probably because i eat once a day or sometimes even nothing the whole day because of another chronic illness.

Nevertheless, it was funny and sad when i imagined all of these together.

Maybe if i was not a package of mental and physical illnesses put up together, i would've been an icon lol.

toughTiger6481 September 6th, 2023

@loyalBlueberry7653

Wow interesting story....

very sad a teacher could not see signs and made those outrageous statements saying NO ......to what was keen observation by your classmates...

loyalBlueberry7653 OP September 6th, 2023

@toughTiger6481

thank you for reading <3

but my mates do not know it either, they were just listing out random disorders and diseases which coincidentally happened to be a part of me, that was where it was funny tbh. And yeah, it's sad from the teachers part, i wish they were a bit more knowledgeable to not judge a book by its cover

gregariousWatermelon3996 September 6th, 2023

@loyalBlueberry7653

wow.

reading this just reminded me of myself... ive missed so many classes because of my anxiety and i cant even enter a class without thinking of the worst possible things that could happen to me. teachers and classmates have regularly asked me if im ok or if im feeling down and i obviously push them away saying im fine, when, clearly, im not. ive had so many panic attacks in the past school year that ive literally just thought about dropping out of school... but i dont want to be a dissapointment to my parents who have supported me through it all. i already missed two classes of my new school year and i honestly feel so useless and tired. i tried looking into free online therapy but this was the closest thing i could find. i just want to be a normal teen without having to think of these issues. anyways sorry that i made this about me, but honestly im just glad that you had the courage to share this with us. we may be strangers that don't know each others' full story, but just know that im proud of you. also that teacher lol... its funny and sad to think that what these people are denying.. is EXACTLY what we have/are.

take care, strangerđź’•

loyalBlueberry7653 OP September 7th, 2023

@gregariousWatermelon3996

I skipped two years of class because of my severe anxiety and depression. It's totally okay to take the time you need to heal yourself because you come first always <3. I really do hope you feel better soon and get into school like a champ <3.

Sending all the love <3<3<3

philosophicalBunny9283 September 7th, 2023

@loyalBlueberry7653

Im old now but when I was in school me and my friend was arguing about who loves animals more. I said I loved them more coz I don't eat them she said she loves them so much she eats them....my history teacher then said to the class .. "Any questions " and my friend stuck her hand up and said " yeah who loves animals more....." to this day I giggle thinking about it. That was about 25 years ago lol xx

Mdreaming101 September 7th, 2023

@loyalBlueberry7653

Doesn't matter if you look or is tired, a teacher must never make you the center of such attention by asking such an inconsiderate question. Not okay. The teacher has to talk to you in private and show concern. His job is to support you in your study and not make the students jump in to guess what may be plaguing you. He is making you a joke.

A teacher's approach highly depend on your personality and closeness with the teacher. If you're not really active in class or isn't the cool kid, picking on you like that is not okay.

The student who asked you that question sounded concern. It is okay. There are lot of things that sometimes people can't share or talk about.

loyalBlueberry7653 OP September 13th, 2023

@SociusVj

thank you so much <3

Tinywhisper11 September 13th, 2023

@loyalBlueberry7653 you are a icon ❤❤ I'm glad you found the funny side of it. I actually make jokes about my disabilities all the time. I find it helps alot ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug

LetsChillOut September 14th, 2023

Your teacher clearly has no tact. You are not all of those things........those are things are things you experience. You feel tired....depressed and so on....you would not put those things on your CV to describe yourself. Or you wouldn't introduce yourself as " hi I'm whoever....I'm tired"