Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need a hug? Free hug here!

GratitudeOverGreed September 8th, 2014

Sometimes a little things can make change in one life. One hug could release all the pain that burden one person. So free hug here. *hug*

KLM3278 January 21st, 2018

@AidenMilesAsh

HUG HUG!!!

SunflowerDandelion24 January 27th, 2018

@KLM3278 thanks love <3

KLM3278 January 27th, 2018

@AidenMilesAsh

🤗🤗🤗

Amphios January 27th, 2018

@AidenMilesAsh Awh *HUGs*

cyanPlatypus6370 January 22nd, 2018

Me too? May I have a hug? I have a dentist appointment tomorrow - no big deal, just a cleaning and check-up appointment. But because of the ED I struggle with ... and other stuff from a long time ago ... (shrugs). I'll just say that this particular dentist appointment has got me waaaayyyy more concerned than usual. Help? Ideas? #EDSupport #EDWarriors #FearFactor surprise

@Anomalia @rozie @annie @Kate @pinkfluffyunicorns8706 @many-more-of-you

January 22nd, 2018

@cyanPlatypus6370

Wishing you the best at the dentist. Imagin I am there to hold your hand so don't be a scared.

When you get through there will be a big HUG waiting for youlaugh

cyanPlatypus6370 January 22nd, 2018

@scarletPear1945 ... I didn't get to read this until just now. Thank you, Pear.

Dentist says to Platy: "No cavities!" and gives choice for color of new toothbrush.

Now accepting "you're okay Platy. relax some, dear" type of hugs. (tense sigh) <3 Platy

@Anomalia @kate #EDSupport #LoveToPlatypuses #TypesOfHugs

January 22nd, 2018

@cyanPlatypus6370

So how are you feeling Now? (smile)laugh

Annie January 23rd, 2018

HUGS and more hugs to dear, sweet, LOVELY @cyanPlatypus6370

cyanPlatypus6370 January 27th, 2018

@Annie - Thank you Annie. (More from me in Grief Forum in awhile here.) ~ Platy

@cyanPlatypus6370 I am little late here *HUGs*

cyanPlatypus6370 January 28th, 2018

@PolarLight -

Hi PolarLight. 1 - I am NOT Perry. 2 - What's the deal with Fineus and Ferb (yes I know that is spelled wrong, no I don't want to look it up) touching his hat before hugging him? 3 - I have never seen a full episode of this show. 4 - There is another member here who IS PerrythePlatypus (by username) .... it is not me!

Sorry, sad I dislike people on 7cups just sending me Perry stuff. I like Platypuses and I like the cyan color - blueish-green. That's all.

and thanks for the hug. yes ~ Platy

sensitiveMelon6804 January 22nd, 2018

My wife of 23 yrs left me 111 days ago and I still feel miserable is that normal?

Annie January 23rd, 2018

Dear @sensitiveMelon6804, when weve sustained a huge loss, as you have, grieving and healing can take a long time. If my arithmetic is correct, the number of days you mentioned is around four months, which doesnt seem very long to me. If youd like, please send me a message and well talk more about it.

And hugs and hugs to you! ❤️

FaithfulPrune9638 June 2nd, 2019

@sensitiveMelon6804

Hi. I know this was over a year ago when you posted this, but it's okay to feel that way after 111 days. It's been 7 years for me and I still can't get the relief I need to move away from that relationship that destroyed my life and my family.

Rebekahwriter13 January 27th, 2018

I need a hug.

@Rebekahwriter13 *HUGs*

Rebekahwriter13 January 27th, 2018

@PolarLight thank you I needed it

Butterflee May 31st, 2019

I do need a hug...tomorrow is 1st of june, international childrens' day, i want to be a little child again...

ItsReganingRain May 31st, 2019

Need a hug. No one seems to accept me in my family apart from my mum for being transgender, and I feel like I'm having some delusions about other people. I really, really need a hug.

Butterflee May 31st, 2019

@ItsReganingRain free hugs🤗🤗🤗 hope you will feel better🤗🤗🤗

Ottie May 31st, 2019

*hugs whoever*

cyanPlatypus6370 June 1st, 2019

Me, @Ottie ?? ............................ Oh good. Thank you (shy smile). **hugs you back** ~ Platy

Summershy May 31st, 2019

Thanks I feel bitter sweet about my ex-friend today. Especially since I saw her standing on the platform of a mass transit train station as I was pulling away.

FaithfulPrune9638 June 2nd, 2019

heartheartheartheartheart

Summershy June 3rd, 2019

I need a hug, I have a really good memory and I had one from my childhood that was both bad and sad.

cyanPlatypus6370 June 3rd, 2019

@Summershy -- ((Platy gives Summershy really good hug!)) ((though Platy is not sure how 'really good hug' means for Summer so ... offers strong hug of ~5 Mississippi's)) heart Take care dear! ~ Platy

Jacob105 February 6th, 2020

@Summershy Virtual hug!

AlphaPheonix4720 February 6th, 2020

Can I have a hug? All my friends are touch averse and I'm desperate for human contact

barncat February 7th, 2020

@AlphaPheonix4720- BIG HUG to you- sorry to hear your friends are touch averse- HUGS are so healing

cyanPlatypus6370 February 12th, 2020

@AlphaPheonix4720 - Of course you may! I know this feeling too, unfortunately. It is a rough thing to feel/experience.

((Platy packs up some more hugs into a box. Platy secures the box, but not too tight as to squish the hugs. Platy mails the whole box to AlphaPheonix - SURPRISE!! ))

AlphaPheonix4720 February 12th, 2020

@cyanPlatypus6370 I love Platy now. I owe him a life-long blood debt.

cyanPlatypus6370 February 13th, 2020

@AlphaPheonix4720 - laugh hehe. I'm super glad you enjoyed your package. Umm, how about a life-long supply of hugs - as needed? (We might not have the same blood type! surprise ) Plus - which could be highly obvious - I'm not quite sure what a blood debt does. Though I do know they are very serious and I think usually a pledge that is life-long. Anyway, have a great day (here is another hug - for just cuz)!

~ Platy (P.S. While my name is Platy yes (good job!), I am a female Platypus so yup cheeky that's all :)

AlphaPheonix4720 February 13th, 2020

@cyanPlatypus6370 A blood debt is when you owe someone your life. Also sorry for calling you a guy. Did you know that platypi are 1 of only 2 types of mammals that lay eggs? And that the males have poisonous spurs?

cyanPlatypus6370 February 19th, 2020

Hi! That's okay. There is a member who I thought for a very long time that he was female! He told me that he gets that rather a lot and he was not offended (nor am I, by the way).

The trivia you added regarding the Platypus is partially correct. The plural of platypus is most correctly spelled and pronounced "platypuses" - but the dictionary did mention that while incorrect many people (but not Bindi or Robert I'm sure) *think* that the plural IS "platypi." I am sorry to inform you that the eggs do not come in 3.1415 number of eggs smiley You are correct that there are only two species of mammals that lay eggs. The other mammal is an echidna (sorry, I do not know the correct spelling for this one). These two mammals are unique enough that they are in a separate "family" with their scientific names! These two are alike but no other species is enough like them to be added to the "family" (sorry science/biology people! I'm pretty sure "family" ought to be classified differently, but I am not remembering how right now.)

I did know that the male platypuses smiley have poisonous spurs :) Did you know... the males have these spurs only on their hind feet? And that the purpose of these spurs is not defense, well not as though a predator was attacking (not exactly). The purpose of the poison in the hind-feet spurs is to fend off other platypuses! I'm fairly sure that is "only" during mating season. So the one male is basically saying, "Happy Valentine's Day! This one? She's MY Valentine :) so buzz off!"

Thank you though! I love when my username encourages more reading, research, general learning and the gain of more knowledge! Thank you for your input laugh

@AlphaPheonix4720

AlphaPheonix4720 February 20th, 2020

@cyanPlatypus6370 I thought it came from Latin so it would be platypi. Thanks for informing me though. Also, echidnas are pretty cool. Did you know that a baby echidna is called a puggle? Living in Australia teaches you things...

cyanPlatypus6370 February 20th, 2020

@AlphaPheonix4720 -- surprise You are fortunate enough to live in Australia!???

Well, I have heard several things about the "name" for the babies of the platypus and now the echidna. I had heard from my brother that baby platypuses are called Puggles - but I think he is wrong because of my own research! I looked up just that question several weeks before Christmas - the last time we here saw my bro and his family from there. They are about 300 miles (approx. 482 km) from myself and (M&D). The information that I found (because my name... and interest and not an easy 2-3 minute search at the dinner table.... ) said that a young platypus is called 'simply' a baby platypus. Any possibility you could help me clear this up?

Yes, and 2 extra hugs! (Just in case someone there IRL needs a free hug too.) smiley Platy

@cyanPlatypus6370aww thanks for the hugs. Also I'm Aussie lol and I don't live there anymore

@cyanPlatypus6370 yes it is puggles

cyanPlatypus6370 February 21st, 2020

@AlphaPheonix4720 -

Hello former resident of Australia! I found several!! web pages that claim This _________ is the appropriate or best or official name for the young platypus. But as I found here: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/48847/11-lesser-known-names-baby-animals (See #10) Apparently, this is a much debated topic and I know from the last 15 mins that you could find many names for the young. I like how this author puts it - in a way that seems to me to be non-argumentative.

Anyway, in my search to find the young platypuses' name, I have learned laugh that platypuses are mainly nocturnal and that they sleep about 14 hours per 24 hours! (ish? I only found that fact in one article - haha)