Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My love language is ___

Hope January 8th

Hi everyone! Understanding and expressing love within families can be complex. Let’s reflect on our ways of giving and receiving affection, but let's acknowledge that family dynamics aren't always defined by traditional units or conventional expressions of love.

For some, reflecting on family love languages may evoke pleasant memories and heartwarming gestures. For others, navigating complex pasts or present challenges might make such exploration difficult. Remember, family can extend beyond blood ties, and love manifests in diverse ways. Whether it's through close friendships, chosen communities, or even acts of self-care, recognizing and honoring how you experience and express love is central to emotional well-being.

What is your love language when it comes to your family?

enigmaticpanda4152 January 8th

@Hope

My love language is time..

Time is the most precious gift we can give to one another. Because we are giving them a part of life. 

So I spend time with people I care.

JollyRacher January 8th

@enigmaticpanda4152

Perfectly said, and 100% agree. 

thoughtfulmomma January 8th

@Hope

I'd probably have to say food and togetherness.  There's just something about sitting down to a home cooked meal together that is just... family.  If we could only have one room in our house, it would be the kitchen. :)

rachel0707 June 7th

My love language is quality time! There’s nothing more precious than spending time with your loved ones as i find that it strengthens our bonds and makes us all feel more loved! I would recommend!!!

joyousArrow2499 June 9th

@Hope

Hi , so my love language is long talk about nothing. Lame jokes. Physical touch 

akunknown June 17th

@Hope

For the longest time it was just being a people pleaser. Nowadays while it’s still that but to a lesser degree than it was, it’s also leaving them alone to live their lives while I live mine to prevent any drama, fighting, etc between us. 

I’ll listen to them when they’re talking or help them with whatever they need help with. But no more handouts to anyone who can get what they’re looking for me to give them but are just refusing to get it themselves. I’m talking things like money but not just that of course. 

The only exceptions to this for are the family members who either have a problem with me or I have a problem with them. That is of course till the problems no longer exist. 

creativefield June 20th

@Hope

My love language to my family is through contributing towards keeping home a safe and clean space. That could be a duty, so beyond that, I would offer to help family members out with for example thier personal lives, taking time to listen to them, to take them out so on and so forth.