Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coping methods

thundercity2 September 18th, 2018

Hi all,

I made this so people can share how they cope with their depression. It might help some people feel better in the midst of the dreariness.

I like to listen to music - mostly acoustic music like Nick Mulvey and Ben Howard. I find it gives me some peace of mind. I also like to envision the future - often when I'm having a really bad episode, I kind of forget that there is a future. So if I think about my future job, family, etc. it kind of comforts me in a way and reminds me that I can get through anything.

Share your coping methods below - big or small.

xoxo -S

energeticJet5483 November 21st, 2018

@thundercity2

this may seem very abnormal, but I like to look up something that will make me laugh. Generally I am the one who makes people laugh and when I am down people arent here to make me laugh and feel better. I watch funny movies or shows. My favorite past time is looking at funny memes! I hope this helps, if even as a little distraction. Its by no means a coping method to a real problem

River September 20th, 2018

@thundercity2

Musics are the great way to cope heart I love listening to them too! This is a lovely post btw

moparez September 20th, 2018

How to download Use YoWhatsapp for Android

Kopper November 21st, 2018

Honestly? I drown myself in my studies. It gives me something to aim for. When school's off and we have a holiday, I starve myself. It also gives me something to aim for. I draw, listen to music, read, smoke, write, paint, sketch and more, but it doesn't distract me ENOUGH.

I know it's unhealthy, but it's all I have.

Greenapple1 November 21st, 2018

@Kopper

Maybe try something VERY different. Like do something you wouldn't do. To ,of course, distract yourself?

Listen to music in a different language? I have some suggestions.

Get into a new fandom of any kind.

Do things your afraid of doing. It will help you know more about yourself

Positive DIYs for you house, bedroom

Buy a companion. Dog , or even 10 plants. Taking care of something else will put your mind busy. And at ease.

Watch a show in a different language.

Hope this helps. heart