Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

MandyCandy0512 September 1st, 2015

How do I get to it?

Celaeno September 1st, 2015

@MandyCandy0512, click on "chats" in a header (if you are on browser), then on the left click group support tab, and click on "depresson support: member chat"

we are waiting for you!

practicalWillow1766 September 1st, 2015

Sorry to hear you feel so bad you would think that way. Luckily I don't have thoughts like that. The worst I feel is just wanting to sleep. To go to my bed and switch off. which is fine until I just don't want to get up again. Not that I don't want to be here anymore more like I need a break from dealing with my life

LadyPawz September 1st, 2015

I'm not really sure how I feel atm. Kind of like I'm falling again. Starting to fight myself more and more lately *sigh*

Faeriequeen13 September 2nd, 2015

Im okay today. it was a better day than i usually have because my parents agreed to let me get the haircut and piercing i want. but i was still having trouble telling if everything was real today.

purpleTurtle191 September 2nd, 2015

A little nauseous and anxious. I was up last night crying, and woke up today with a pit in my stomach. I feel like I'm on the verge of a major downward spiral, but I'm working hard to keep it at bay.

practicalWillow1766 September 2nd, 2015

I can sympathise I know that feeling I get it in the pit of my stomach or more recent like a weight on my chest. Like a big knot of tension that needs to be worked loose.

the only thing that helps me is to do something that requires full concentration. My major lifeline is my horse, he keeps me grounded but animals are fantastic that way.

Also a mindfulness technique is to 'breathe into' the area of discomfort. It requires concentration too and good when it works but sometimes if I'm on a bad day I find it hard to start it off

bleubellejune September 2nd, 2015

I missed the chat yesterday and that makes me a bit sad. It's okay; today I'm okay. I haven't started my day officially yet, but I'm super hoping it will be okay.

Celaeno September 2nd, 2015

@bleubellejune, don't worry - every week there's plenty of them ^^ A good idea is to follow @MissZ, 'cause she posts in advanced about upcoming discussions. For you and for anyone interested, here's the schedule she posted yesterday:

"Depression Support Sessions this week (adults)

Tuesday (today!) at 11 AM EDT in the depression support room for members. @Acinonyx and I will be leading a depression support session on Depression and Social Interactions.

Wednesday at 10 PM EDT in the depression support room for members. @RocketsMom will be leading a depression support session on Depression in every day life.

Friday at 4 PM EDT in the depression support room for members. @fluffyUnicorns84 and @brightVibes999 will be leading a depression support session on Depression and Social Interactions.

Saturday at 12.30 PM EDT in the depression support room for members. @DHawks and I will be leading a depression support session on Depression in every day life.

Sunday at 11 AM EDT in the depression support room for members. @Acinonyx and I will be leading a depression support session on Lack of Motivation and Goals.

COME AND JOIN IN!! heart "

I hope to see you soon ^^

bleubellejune September 2nd, 2015

Ooh, thanks so much for this!

ariannarose27 September 2nd, 2015

I feel like no one likes me, I'm just annoying and i exist for nothing. I like being alone but i don't fancy being lonely sometimes. I want to have a close friend again but then again I don't. My best friend had moved to another state and she says she misses me but it doesn't feel the same. I know she doesn't and knowing she doesn't kills me. Then my "boyfriend" is polyamorous which means he doesn't believe in one relationship with one girl. I don't have friends either. This is all tearing me apart.

falloutLightwood99 September 2nd, 2015

I'm going back to school tomorrow after the hols and I just want to cry. Theres gonna be so much stress because I'm doing my gcses this year and I'm really not ready to deal with it.

inventiveCamp6825 September 2nd, 2015

I'm in that spot where you know you need to do something's and keep thinking how it should be done now but I'm still in bed. :-/

Mutelock September 2nd, 2015

I feel panicked, angry and sad all at once. There are a lot of things in the near future that are terrifying me and they're making me want to run away... I don't know how to face all these things and it feels like I'm about to make huge mistakes, because I can't focus on anything anymore. It's just this huge chaos that I'm about to step into.

GlitterOwl September 2nd, 2015

I feel awful. Had a really bad day for no reason and tried to make my boyfriend understand why I'm starting therapy. He is all against meds./antidepressivs and told me if i started on them he would break up with me. He stopped talking to me when I ask what was best, me wanting to kill my self or taking medicaton. So now I'm alone in the bedroom and he seem to be all okay with not talking to me anymore. Don't know what to do, I have no one in real life to talk to and I'm so tired of all of this.

ZariaElahii September 2nd, 2015

Was feeling good as just went out with friends today to sort of get my mind of things. But been home for around one hour now and just feel so low and down regarding something that has made me feel so depressed and stressed for the past couple of weeks to a point I was so weak I couldn't even function. It felt weird smiling and laughing because I felt so low.

inventiveCamp6825 September 3rd, 2015

That I overcame not staying in bed all day.

sympatheticFig1996 September 3rd, 2015

I feel like I want to cry. I feel like I am crying. But it's like silent tears. I feel empty. My heart hurts. I feel broken.

Damaris15 September 3rd, 2015

I feel like no one wants me, feel like I'm invisible and no one notices me like I'm clear and I feel broken.

TaS4e2014 September 3rd, 2015

I feel like there is no point in trying, I take 1 step forward and get kicked back 2 steps. I'm not suicidal but I just feel like giving up. If that even makes sense.

UniqueLife September 3rd, 2015

I've been trying and trying and trying to get better, but nothing's changing. I tried to come to my closest friend to talk, I got ignored. I'm just tired, but I'm fine.

September 3rd, 2015

Awful.

MadAlice1109 September 3rd, 2015

Booooooooored

TonyBotzZz September 3rd, 2015

I'm at an all time low

kd0695 September 3rd, 2015

Tired.

Ash234 September 3rd, 2015

Sick and tired

Elinxs27 September 3rd, 2015

A bit anxious like i woke up knowing i wasn't going to have a good day

Elinxs27 September 3rd, 2015

Numb

Beoriginallybeautiful September 3rd, 2015

l don't know how I am feeling today. It is early, but it is a long day already. I tried doing school, but I am getting distracted by my deepest, innermost thoughts. I can't concentrate, I can't breathe. It's strange. It's an empty feeling, yet, I feel so full of emotions. I just don't know what to call it, except for its name... Depression.

Feelyourthoughts September 3rd, 2015

Scared, anxious, terrified. Scared myself into thinking that I had a disease that can't be cured, talked it out with my friend and it's like I know I don't have it, I got tested and all not too long ago but I'm just freaking myself out all over again. It just frustrates me and I hate myself for overthinking every single thing and creating a problem when there wasn't one in the first place. Right now I just want to sleep for a really long time and just forget about all my responsibilities.

practicalWillow1766 September 3rd, 2015

I can feel like that too. Its so frustrating when you create problems by over-thinking things and get stressed out but then have no one to blame but yourself because the problems only exist in your mind!

I often feel like i just want to sleep for a couple of years to empty my brain of this nonsense!

Feelyourthoughts September 3rd, 2015

Exactly! I've tried to consciously stop it but it only makes overthinking worse :(

JustMe83 September 3rd, 2015

I feel vacant. The lights are on but there's nobody home. I'm just here, going through the motions.

practicalWillow1766 September 3rd, 2015

Its like being on autopilot, you do everything your meant to but aren't really a part of it all

JustMe83 September 3rd, 2015

Exactly, I just wish I could 'snap out of it' or wave a magic wand... as I'm sure we all probably do.

Ash234 September 3rd, 2015

Sickly, like I'm dieing

liligrace September 3rd, 2015

I am sorry you are feeling sickly. I hope somehow you are able to feel better.

Ash234 September 4th, 2015

Thank you

liligrace September 3rd, 2015

how do I feel today? Like an ignored piece of dung. Not heard. Not cared about, invisible and irrelevant. I am of use when I am helping people. Otherwise I am not even noticed or heard, Or cared about

Lemontime20 September 4th, 2015

I am sorry you feel that way :( It's definitely not a good feeling.