Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It's February Already!

MistyMagic February 2nd

Hey Everyone!

How are you all?

I can't believe it is February already! We have lots of ideas and things planned for this month and of course the loved (or dreaded) Valentine's Day 💕 Share you ideas with us too!

satisfying-gifs-oddly-satisfying.gif

So, as a Community shall we just share a few of our loves and WIP (work-in-progress)? What are you creating, what are you doodling or drawing, sketching or painting, colouring or collaging?

I am still learning my water mixable oils, and have finally decided on what my bog canvas will be used for. It takes time to choose but with oil I can change my mind, with my watercolour I neeed to be fixed as it is very difficult to change once started.

Or are you a crochet or knitter? 

Let's find out more and remember to share what only the 'Arts and Crafts' Community covers please!

Add or Remove from taglist here Tagging: @EmotionsListener @GwydionRowan @ivoryAcai80 @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @MistyMagic @Mya000 @Park2139 @RachelListener @rainlove27 @Ralien @Renaitre2023 @RogueOne1983 @SomebodySpicy13 @theboymoana @TheCrew4887 @tidyHickory3283 @tommy @VioletWater @WorkingitThrough2

We are looking for active posters so if you are interested in joining our Team please read here and apply. 

mytwistedsoul February 2nd

@MistyMagic Currently I've been working on this

img-20240129-102645581_1706889030.jpg

It's supposed to be an underwater adventure thing with a train 😅 but it's not been going as well as I'd hoped 😕

IchooseLife79 February 2nd

@mytwistedsoul

Show me more! Sounds cool :)

@IchooseLife79 They're a little tedious at times and some of the stuff is  so small 😅

This the the first one I did it's supposed to be Diagon alley from Harry Potter

img-20240202-112915403_1706893925.jpg

This is just a magic shop diarama 

img-20240202-112851225_1706893984.jpg

MistyMagic OP February 2nd

@mytwistedsoul Oh I love those, what fun to make, I have never tried making things like that mine have all been larger scale. Recently indoor hobbies have taken over for me. Do you use a special glue that sticks or a glue gun?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

mytwistedsoul February 3rd

@MistyMagic It's the same here with the indoor hobbies. It's been too cold and miserable outside to do much of anything else

I usually use Glue All. It's stronger than regular glue and dries quicker but doesn't leave the stringers that rubber glue does

Oh it's cool that you do them on larger scale. That would be neat! Do you have any pictures of them you could share? I'd love to see them

EclecticMuse February 4th

Awesome. I would love to do one of these.

@mytwistedsoul Thanks for sharing, is that going to be submerged in water?

@MistyMagic No it's just supposed to give the illusion that it is. It has a couple of blue led lights but I haven't hooked them up yet. From the side it looks like this

img-20240202-123625167_1706895537.jpg

With the lights hooked up and on

img-20240202-213733525_1706932866.jpg

theboymoana February 3rd

@mytwistedsoul

wow like so much never see thing before wish can make this want in room 😮🩵

@theboymoana Hey! 😊 I'm glad you like it! I bet you could make something like it if you'd like to. I bet you'd do really good with it too. Do you like doing crafts? I think they're a nice way to relax 

theboymoana February 6th

@mytwistedsoul

like do crafts but not very good them still fun ! At dd center do crafts a lot and outpatient program have art therapy like do stuff those places except art therapy room sometimes to much people do not like then

MistyMagic OP February 3rd

@theboymoana Heyyyy how are you?

theboymoana February 6th

@MistyMagic

hi misty ! Been not very good 🥲🥲had surgery last month and hard recover and family problem and cups problems ☹️😭been not good time

mytwistedsoul February 7th

@theboymoana  As long as you like doing them and have fun that's all that matters 😊 Getting good at them comes with practice I think. I still make mistakes on things I make too - the hard part is not being too hard on ourselves when we do make mistakes

Does having too many people make you nervous and uncomfortable? I know it would me too 😬 but you're still trying and I think that's awesome 😎

night-moon.gif

@mytwistedsoul ooooh gorgeous, I love lighting, I am rather fussy about lighting even my paint lights have to be the right kind lol, but can't beat the Sun or the Moon :D

mytwistedsoul February 4th

@MistyMagic I absolutely agree with needing the right lighting. I think it's probably even more important when it comes to painting

IchooseLife79 February 3rd

@mytwistedsoul

This looks awesome

mytwistedsoul February 4th

@IchooseLife79 Thank you!

slowdecline48 February 4th

@mytwistedsoul I didn't know you were into mockups. (There is a more art-specific word for this--not "collage" because this piece isn't flat; it obviously has a few inches depth--but I can't remember it right now) This is interesting...

If you have any other pieces like this one, you should take some photos of 'em & post 'em here. Seriously.

mytwistedsoul February 5th

@slowdecline48 I didn't even know mockups was a thing 😅 

I'd do have more lol 

img-20240202-112915403_1707136366.jpg

img-20240202-112851225_1707136409.jpg

img-20240202-115740454_1707136437.jpg

IchooseLife79 February 5th

@mytwistedsoul

These are so cool. I want one. Lol

mytwistedsoul February 7th

@IchooseLife79 Wish I could send you one lol 🙂

sadcat13 February 2nd

@mytwistedsoul it looks so cool 😮

@sadcat13 Thank you 😊

IchooseLife79 February 2nd

I will be working on another 3d pen project this weekend. Looking forward to it. Fighting covid but I will persevere!

@IchooseLife79 Those are fascinating, I looked at a 3D printer and that gave me so many ideas. 

And Yayyyy its Friyayyyyyyy 

friyay-friday.gif

time to make things!

@IchooseLife79 Hope you feel better soon!

sadcat13 February 3rd

@MistyMagic I´m a habitual project hopper, i never finish anything. I have an entire parade of projects that i´m working on and at least 5 of them are in an active status (= i worked on them recently and actively work towards finishing them). I am right now drawing my mom´s friend´s dog as my primary project, but i have a lot of other things going on too.

@sadcat13 I can go shopping with that. It means there is always something to do? And with painting especially it can need time between coats and glazes too. 

sadcat13 February 3rd

@MistyMagic nahh I'm just a chronic procrastinator with ADHD so I can't stick to something and it takes a few returns to the thing to get it done

slowdecline48 February 3rd

@MistyMagic Am trying to ignore the Valentine's Day hype as much as I can. It's irritating as h*ll. If it's not obvious by now, I'm not a holiday guy in general....I make few exceptions to that. They're a good excuse to kick back & maybe have a couple drinks, but that's the only good thing about them.

@slowdecline48

February 15th, a great day to go candy shopping. hehehe

@slowdecline48 @Sadcat13 and @iChooseLife79 shall we try an art piece then that is called February 15th ?  Any suggestions?

@MistyMagic

A broken heart made of candy? Then we could pig out and eat it all!

sadcat13 February 3rd

@MistyMagic i would never finish it 😂

slowdecline48 February 3rd

I do have an old sketch that would be perfect for Valentine's, but if I posted it here...it wouldn't last 10 minutes. 😆

MistyMagic OP February 5th

@slowdecline48 just call me Jeannie lol

nod-magic.gif

slowdecline48 February 5th

Barbara Eden was so cute on that show...

I only know about it because of reruns. First saw episodes during my teenage years, so of course Jeannie had a starring role in my fantasies for a while 😄

communicativePond1728 February 10th

Love everyone's projects, the underwater bus light is so awesome and the little dioramas or whatever they epically are...amazing.

Finished this inspiration board a couple days ago. 

img-20240210-042427986-2_1707568065.jpg

They weren't kidding when they said things are a process though. Feel I've been working on this for two lifetimes: Finding magazines, finding time, putting it up, taking it down, putting it away, moving it, hiding it, throwing away all the pictures and starting again, finding different magazines, finding push-pins, not using those push-pins, etc. ad nauseum. 

Reminding myself it's a work in progress like life may stave off any imminent aneurisms...