Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

8) Content Categories and Topics of Interest at 7 Cups

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

In this discussion, we will understand an overview of the current focus of content at 7 Cups through content categories as well as topics of interest for current and prospective content development.

Current Article Topics at 7 Cups can be found here

In addition, the content focus areas (alongside some ideas of sub-areas that can be focused on) include:

1. Depression (signs and symptoms, postpartum depression, seasonal depression, other types, causes, treatment, supporting someone with depression).

2. Anxiety (symptoms, social, separation or other types, causes, treatment, role of meditation, other coping skills)

3. Phobias (definition, types, most common, rare, coping)

4. PTSD (meaning, symptoms, types, therapies, causes, awareness, coping)

5. Sleeping Disorders (symptoms, types, effects of deprivation, causes, coping, relationship of sleep and mental health)

6. Eating Disorders (signs, types, causes, treatments, how to stop binge eating, statistics, recovery)

7. OCD (meaning, symptoms, causes, types, thoughts, personality disorder)

8. Schizophrenia (types of symptoms, causes, treatments, early signs, risk factors, prevalence statistics)

9. Substance Abuse (definition, symptoms, effects, causes, risk factors, treatment)

10. Physical Abuse (signs, effects, types)

11. Emotional Abuse (signs, emotionally abusive relationships, parents, cycle, effects, role of gaslighting, types, healing)

12. Sexual Abuse (signs, types, effects, survivor stories)

13. Family (family therapy, family signs, family conflicts and resolutions)

14. Couples (couples therapy, counseling, exercises)

15. Sexual Disorders (sexual disorder information, therapies)

16. Addictions (symptoms, types, treatment, how to break an addiction)

17. Child and Adolescent (social media, substance abuse, anxiety, how to help teens)

18. LGBT (counseling, support, coping with unsupportive people, coming out)

19. COVID-19 (social distancing, loneliness, job loss, financial stress, coping)

20. Maternal (postpartum depression, anxiety, maternal mental health)

21. Coping Skills

22. Stress (symptoms, management, coping)

23. Relationships (symptoms of toxic or unsupportive relationships, leaving a relationship, coping with breakups)

24. Parenting (single parents, foster parents, parenting stress)

25. Grief and Loss (types, symptoms, stages, coping)

26. ADHD (symptoms, causes, statistics)

27. Autism (signs, causes, awareness, types, coping)

28. Self-Esteem (signs, how to boost, affirmations, activities)

29. CBT (definition, techniques, CBT for X (any) conditions)

30. BIPOC (mental health, racism, stigma, coping)

Activity

After reading the content focus areas, mention which area you are interested in developing content for and why. Reflect and share feedback on at least one student’s shared reason too.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

IceCream4IceCream May 4th, 2021

@Jacklynngirl656

Feel free to PM <3 door is always open.

Happy900 May 31st, 2021

@Jacklynngirl656 So sorry to here this.

Please reach out to a listener, if you need.

Hope things improve for you.

Daf8 September 7th, 2022

❤️ @Raiyan03 ❤️

❤️ I admire the reasons why you want to develop content for those topics! I am sorry you went through some of those difficult experiences, but I am proud of you for using them to help others. Besides, your empathy is enormous (choosing topics because of fighters you know is impressive!). Additionally, your determination to learn about certain topics *and* develop content to not only research but also to support others is extraordinary. Thank you for being so awesome and incredible! ❤️

MizuKagami May 6th, 2021

I'm interested in creating more content related to anxiety and the way people without mental health issues sometimes don't understand all the ways it can impact someone's life.

I'm also willing to write about family problems and topics related to LGBT people.

I think it's always a good idea to write about things we are passionate about or know a lot about. Personal experience greatly helps.

VerseArt May 14th, 2021

Hello @MizuKagami

I agree, writing about the things we are passionate about helps. We don't require an external motivating factor for it.

Happy900 May 31st, 2021

@MizuKagami Very interesting.

VerseArt May 14th, 2021

Hello @SoulfullyAButterfly

Mention which area you are interested in developing content for and why.

I am interested in developing content for the topic- Stress. Because I believe that today, everyone from students to professionals, suffers from some level of stress. We need to learn to manage that stress and cope with it.

DaisyDaph May 29th, 2021

@VerseArt

This is so true Verse. I agree with you. Stress is very much relevant today as it has been in the past as well. But these days, many individuals suffer with it.

It would be great to work on more content concerning Stress. Great choice :)

Happy900 May 31st, 2021

@VerseArt Good topic choice.

CoffeeAddict07 May 15th, 2022

@VerseArt

I think that's a really cool topic to do and I like your reasoning for it as well! I definitely think that stress is a thing that lots of people suffer from nowadays and I think it's great that you are coming up with content that concerns it!

Lugi123 May 23rd, 2021

I would want to write about PTSD, specifically CPTSD and attachment issues that can arise (in therapy or outside) - the reason for this is because I can identify a lot with this condition and have experienced attachment issues myself. Another option would be emotional abuse and attachment issues, for the same reason mentioned above.

mvpeng June 30th, 2021

@Lugi123 I think it is great to use your personal experience for your writing.

Excitingeasting May 27th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested in creating content for COVID 19 because I think that me along with alot more others can relate to this situation so it would be easier to read and write about that.

ouiCherie July 15th, 2021

@Excitingeasting
Awesome! The topic would be highly relevant to the current situation. All the best!

hopefulArrow2212 May 27th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
As someone who is a full-time working spoonie with a chronic condition and a family of elderly, I feel I can write about family (caregiving and generational gap issues), stress, anxiety, depression, as well as mindfulness to cope with such stressors. I just want to help people to gain more insight into these issues and let them know they are not alone.

Star996 July 22nd, 2021

@hopefulArrow2212

Hey! I think the way you told that you want to help people gain insight and also help spread the message 'You are not alone' is really awesome! These issues often require insight and I gotta say, personal experienves always help and I think you will do an awesome job in this!

GoldenRuleJG January 24th, 2022

@hopefulArrow2212 That's amazing - putting in your own life experience can make others super-engaged with what you write. Wishing you the best of luck Arrow :)

DaisyDaph May 29th, 2021

Honestly, all of the topics are what I would love to work across equally. The topics that have personally called out to me are Anxiety (social anxiety specifically), Self-esteem, emotional abuse and grief and loss. The reason why I decided to mention these topics in this reply is because, each of these topics have something in common, and that is not having the willpower to reach out to others for support. As well as the experiences I have had with these, I feel that reaching out to people to show them that they are not alone and that the struggles they go through and oftentimes internalise are understood. Truly understood. Sometimes, it's hard for people who go through these experiences to reach out for help and that is completely understandable. But it is comforting for one to know that, no matter how challenging it is to seek support, we are already there for them. We show that through understanding and informing others about how we can help individuals cope with such issues

blindHeart12 June 10th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Topics which i am interested are Grief,family, couples, relationship, Stress and self-esteem. While researching on it and writing on it surely will improve my knowledge regarding it and this are the topic I listened often and usually face in daily life.

Saro007 June 14th, 2021

@blindHeart12

It’s amazing that you have so many interests in topics you would like to write about and you have a really good mindset that writing about these topics will further increase your knowledge and will help you understand them more and how to handle them when they arise in your daily life. Beautiful insight!

Saro007 June 14th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would like to write about anxiety because I’ve been suffering from GAD so I have a lot of direct experience with it. I also want to raise awareness around anxiety and the impact it has on people’s lives.

Creamyyy June 15th, 2021

@Saro007

It's great that you are aiming to use your personal experience to help others. Creating awareness on anxiety is a much needed cause in the current times because we still see a lot of silencing and stigmatizing on mental health topics in everyday lives. I'm glad you are taking this good initiative in your stride.

Creamyyy June 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested in developing content for the topic of Depression because I have a motivational personality and I want to apply it to help those battling the illness. Through research, I will expand my knowledge and be of greater service to others.

giggleBubbles6722 June 20th, 2021

@Creamyyy

This is admirable. I am inawe of your passion and know you will help many people. All the best for this endeavor.

SupportiveSpace8282 June 18th, 2021

Idealy, I'd like to focus on writing about any kind of neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD, ASD, and dyslexia) in the teen/adolescent category. My graduate studies will focus on interventions that support the development of inclusive classrooms, and it would be nice to write about ways that individuals struggling with this topic matter can handle and manage the stress and emotional strain that come with it.

SupportiveSpace8282 June 18th, 2021

@SupportiveSpace8282 **Ideally :)

BlueTurtle5 June 19th, 2021

@SupportiveSpace8282

Focusing on topics you are studying in school are a great idea! You'll really know the topics for both your articles and your school work and be able to expand on these even further in the future as you continue in the field.

sophiasanae July 18th, 2021

@SupportiveSpace8282

Wow that sounds like an amazing and creative idea! I think it would be very informative, and inspire others to be more empathetic after reading your article.

BlueTurtle5 June 19th, 2021

I want to develop content related to chronic illness/chronic pain. I get so many members messaging me citing that they reached out to me because of my chronic illness experience and there is only a small amount of content related to this available. If I need to stick to the focus areas I am drawn toward PTSD (and primarily how that relates to Chronic illness as it is an under-explored topic yet has strong connections). Over time I’d like to explore a number of other topics as well. There are many topics I know a little about and the best way to learn is to teach so by writing on a variety of topics I have interest in I will be able to learn a lot more about them.

giggleBubbles6722 June 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would like to create content for anxiety and depression. It is spoken about broadly but there is still a great stigma around it. Especially amongst teens. They joke about it without realizing the detrimental effects of these mental illnesses. I want people to understand that mental illness especially anxiety and depression is real and its okay to talk about it in a serious manner.

caffeinatedcatio June 25th, 2021

@giggleBubbles6722 That's a great reason for writing for what you chose! I agree that in some places there's still a stigma around mental issues, so this is a good step in the right direction :)

caffeinatedcatio June 25th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
There are several content areas I'd like to explore with my writing, but these are some: LGBT+, Child and Adolescent, Relationships, Stress, and Self-Esteem. The reasons are simply because I have personal experience and can identify with a lot of the issues that may arise in these topics, and also have an interest in these areas. Moreover, I’d also like to learn about different perspectives within what I'm writing about. I also feel that a lot of these topics also have intersections: LGBTQIA+ relationships, exploring in your adolescent years and in the age of online dating (the dangers that come with it), and of course, how to cope with the stress that’s inevitable at this time.

sereneMango3007 June 27th, 2021

@caffeinatedcatio

Personal experience can really help with your understanding of these topics! I also think that what you said about different topics intersecting was really insightful.

sereneMango3007 June 27th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested in developing content regarding depression. I want to do more research on it because of my own ongoing recovery as well as experience helping others.

Izzy274 June 29th, 2021

@sereneMango3007
Mango, you have some great reasons for doing the topic of depression, it sounds like this is a really personal topic to you so it's amazing that you want to create content about it and help others in their own journeys <3

Izzy274 June 29th, 2021

I am really interested in developing content on the topic of anxiety, particulary anxiety in children and adolescents. This is because I have personal experience in this so feel I can really connect with the topic, and I'm also interested in learning more about it! I'm currently doing a research project on treatments for GAD, so I feel like developing content alongside that theme would also help me to further my knowledge in that area.

mvpeng June 30th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I would be interested in writing about LGBT topics because I am part of this community and would like to help those in my community who may be struggling.

Icecream2Day July 8th, 2021

@mvpeng
I think that's a very good idea! Especially because you are a member of the community you can probably share a lot of informative insights and help educating people as well as making them more aware of the LGBTQ+ community

Icecream2Day July 8th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I'd be very happy to write something about Coping Skills since I've been learning a lot about them in my therapie and I feel like sadly a lot of people lack on those very valuable resources to manage themselves :)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 12th, 2021

Hey @Icecream2Day , agreed we can all use more insight on coping skills , glad you're willing to share your acquired knowledge through therapy with more people for their benefit. Great content idea . 😊