Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

8) Content Categories and Topics of Interest at 7 Cups

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

In this discussion, we will understand an overview of the current focus of content at 7 Cups through content categories as well as topics of interest for current and prospective content development.

Current Article Topics at 7 Cups can be found here

In addition, the content focus areas (alongside some ideas of sub-areas that can be focused on) include:

1. Depression (signs and symptoms, postpartum depression, seasonal depression, other types, causes, treatment, supporting someone with depression).

2. Anxiety (symptoms, social, separation or other types, causes, treatment, role of meditation, other coping skills)

3. Phobias (definition, types, most common, rare, coping)

4. PTSD (meaning, symptoms, types, therapies, causes, awareness, coping)

5. Sleeping Disorders (symptoms, types, effects of deprivation, causes, coping, relationship of sleep and mental health)

6. Eating Disorders (signs, types, causes, treatments, how to stop binge eating, statistics, recovery)

7. OCD (meaning, symptoms, causes, types, thoughts, personality disorder)

8. Schizophrenia (types of symptoms, causes, treatments, early signs, risk factors, prevalence statistics)

9. Substance Abuse (definition, symptoms, effects, causes, risk factors, treatment)

10. Physical Abuse (signs, effects, types)

11. Emotional Abuse (signs, emotionally abusive relationships, parents, cycle, effects, role of gaslighting, types, healing)

12. Sexual Abuse (signs, types, effects, survivor stories)

13. Family (family therapy, family signs, family conflicts and resolutions)

14. Couples (couples therapy, counseling, exercises)

15. Sexual Disorders (sexual disorder information, therapies)

16. Addictions (symptoms, types, treatment, how to break an addiction)

17. Child and Adolescent (social media, substance abuse, anxiety, how to help teens)

18. LGBT (counseling, support, coping with unsupportive people, coming out)

19. COVID-19 (social distancing, loneliness, job loss, financial stress, coping)

20. Maternal (postpartum depression, anxiety, maternal mental health)

21. Coping Skills

22. Stress (symptoms, management, coping)

23. Relationships (symptoms of toxic or unsupportive relationships, leaving a relationship, coping with breakups)

24. Parenting (single parents, foster parents, parenting stress)

25. Grief and Loss (types, symptoms, stages, coping)

26. ADHD (symptoms, causes, statistics)

27. Autism (signs, causes, awareness, types, coping)

28. Self-Esteem (signs, how to boost, affirmations, activities)

29. CBT (definition, techniques, CBT for X (any) conditions)

30. BIPOC (mental health, racism, stigma, coping)

Activity

After reading the content focus areas, mention which area you are interested in developing content for and why. Reflect and share feedback on at least one student’s shared reason too.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

emotionalCurrent5586 October 25th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly i am interested in family stress since I had been dealing with it for some years ago, spirituality also because of the miracle and faithfulness I have been receiving. I am also looking to break ups and relationship stress, personal stories since i know that would be a great story to tell. :)

SoulfullyAButterfly OP October 25th, 2021

@emotionalCurrent5586 those are great topics! I agree that personal stories are valuable

MarinaLecubet November 12th, 2021

@emotionalCurrent5586

Relationships and family is such a good topic. So many families go through so much. It will be interesting see what you find.

WhiteRoses25 November 7th, 2021

I would like to write about stress(symptoms, management,coping) it’s similar to anxiety and I have books to learn from and write from. Another student wanted to write about Spirituality and Religion because it’s their faith.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 7th, 2021

@WhiteRoses25 great idea! Stress is perhaps a root cause of several conditions so it would be good to research it and find something to write about in that regard.

MarinaLecubet November 12th, 2021

@WhiteRoses25

Stress is a big cause of a lot of issues in people today such as anxiety and breakdowns. It's a great topic to research on.

MarinaLecubet November 10th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Family, Substance Abuse, and Depression in no particular order. I chose these because I have the most experience in it. It would be interesting to find more sources and information on the subjects; therapy, self therapy, guidance, etc.

GoldenNest2727 November 23rd, 2021

@MarinaLecubet

I like how you narrowed it down. Some of your choices are things you already know about and can relate to, and others are things you'd like to learn more about. They're broad topics, so you'd have to narrow them down before you start writing, but I'm sure you already knew that and had planned to do so.

I'm leaning more towards #4 or #19, but I gave three options just in case it was needed. What do you think?

4. PTSD - I'd focus on PTSD in/after the military because I believe it's something that's rarely addressed. There are tons of helpful groups/agencies out there that aren't often tapped into. It would be easy to find source material/expert quotes for this one.

19. COVID-19 - I'd focus on the stress surrounding going back to the office, since that's what many employers are pushing for. I'd cover how-to limit exposure to the virus while also performing up to standards. I'd also prob discuss making the hybrid model work for the reader (some days in office, some work days at home).

25. Grief loss/Coping - I'd cover this from the caregiver's point-of-view and would also discuss how hard it is to return to the work force after having a huge gap in employment in order to care for relatives. I mean, they die, right? And who are you when there's no one to look after anymore? I think every caregiver has that realization at some point. Huge routines are built around the person's health issue. What happens when the routine is no longer there.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 23rd, 2021

@GoldenNest2727 I absolutely love all 3 of these angles/in-depth focuses of your top topics.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'll go with the COVID-19 idea for my first article. Thanks for the help!

SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 23rd, 2021

@GoldenNest2727 you are welcome, I am looking forward to reading your work.

amazingNutella24 December 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thanks for this well-compiled list of the content focus areas, Soul 💜 Though I see myself writing for multiple topics here, my top three choices would be: Self-esteem, Emotional Abuse, and COVID-19. I have directly lived my choices and I also have experience supporting people in these areas. Looking forward to making some contributions within my expertise!

optimisticMoment4139 December 21st, 2021

i would like to write an article about depression because i faced this issue before

29amy December 23rd, 2021

I am very interested in developing content around the topics of Student Life. As a struggling student myself, I can relate to my fellow students and their difficulties. After years of trial and error, I am able to find out many different strategies to cope with stress and such. 😄

bubblingSea6361 December 24th, 2021

@29amy I am also a struggling student it would be super nice to hear someone's tips on how to deal with it!

29amy December 25th, 2021

@bubblingSea6361 Yep! I would love to help and discuss student hardships to exchange useful tips!

Wildarkberry February 21st, 2022

@29amy that is awesome. I think best informations come from the ones who experienced it.

bubblingSea6361 December 24th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I think self esteem is a good topic to work on as a start because it is something that most people can relate to- we all through periods of high and low self esteem, myself included.

KatePersephone December 27th, 2021

@bubblingSea6361 that's so true!

Womerz January 31st, 2022

@bubblingSea6361

I think this is a great choice of topic. As you mentioned it is something that everyone will have dealt with at some point :)

KatePersephone December 27th, 2021
i'm mostly interested in LGBTQ related content. That is because not only am I part of the community, but because I feel like this topic isn't talked about enough.
29amy December 28th, 2021

@KateDoskocilova

I totally agree with you, the LGBTQ+ community is still unfamiliar to many due to the lack of exposure to this matter. Although we might not be a part of the community, we can contribute to the topic for sure!

Zahraa000 December 30th, 2021

Hi, @soulfullyAButterfly

The area I want to develop content for is self-esteem signs how to poost affirmations that will help peaceful self-development. Thanks for the sharing💕

Zahraa000 December 30th, 2021

Hello,@Jersey

Bre4Me January 15th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly I want to write about addictions. This is a topic I'm passionate about and I'm attending school for. When I graduate in December I'll be an addiction recovery coach.

JaneAH87 January 16th, 2022

@Bre4Me sounds like a great topic. I feel like people have many assumptions on addiction, especially if they themselves don't know if they have an addiction. I'm looking forward to seeing your content!

JaneAH87 January 16th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly I’m interested in developing content for Financial Stress. I find this topic very relatable in my personal and professional life. It would be therapeutic to share my personal experiences with finance as well as help others with their financial issues by writing well-researched and compassionate content about the topic.

MoonlightHelper1 March 17th, 2022

@JaneAH87

This is a great topic! I find that valuable content in that area is lacking so it is great you would like to contribute with more content and your personal experience.

Zahraa000 January 17th, 2022

The area I want to develop content for is relationships!

Why? because I struggle with having a lot of toxic relationships in my life!

777Bre777 January 18th, 2022

@Zahraa000

This sounds like a great way to learn about relationships while also volunteering here at 7Cups.

Bre4Me January 18th, 2022

@Zahraa000

This sounds like a great way to learn about relationships while also volunteering here at 7Cups.

GoldenRuleJG January 24th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly All these topics sound interesting and are very nuanced. I would like to try an article surrounding the topic of anxiety in relation to interviews, coping skills and self-esteem. I feel this topic has not been explored as much and would like to attempt it. I have not chosen other topics as many come close or resemble any articles I have written in the past.

Thank you for the list Soul :)

SoulfullyAButterfly OP January 28th, 2022

@GoldenRuleJG thank you, I think your article will be a great addition to our Career related sections especially

GoldenRuleJG January 29th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly 😊Interesting Soul!

SoftForestHSP77 January 31st, 2022

@GoldenRuleJG

I enjoyed reading your answer. I liked how you incorporated more than one topic. Your paper sounds well thought out.

GoldenRuleJG February 4th, 2022

@SoftForestHSP77 Thank you so much - I really do hope it translates in my writing 😂👍

froyopeach February 14th, 2022

@GoldenRuleJG hi there, I'd agree with your selection, I think it's an important topic but it's rarely heeded, especially for young adults these days who need a new job during covid or want to upskill their career path.

GoldenRuleJG February 14th, 2022

@froyopeach which means it takes someone to write something by meaningful for them to heed it 😉

SoftForestHSP77 January 31st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would be interested in creating content for PTSD. I have lived experience and I have researched this concept quite a bit.