Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

8) Content Categories and Topics of Interest at 7 Cups

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

In this discussion, we will understand an overview of the current focus of content at 7 Cups through content categories as well as topics of interest for current and prospective content development.

Current Article Topics at 7 Cups can be found here

In addition, the content focus areas (alongside some ideas of sub-areas that can be focused on) include:

1. Depression (signs and symptoms, postpartum depression, seasonal depression, other types, causes, treatment, supporting someone with depression).

2. Anxiety (symptoms, social, separation or other types, causes, treatment, role of meditation, other coping skills)

3. Phobias (definition, types, most common, rare, coping)

4. PTSD (meaning, symptoms, types, therapies, causes, awareness, coping)

5. Sleeping Disorders (symptoms, types, effects of deprivation, causes, coping, relationship of sleep and mental health)

6. Eating Disorders (signs, types, causes, treatments, how to stop binge eating, statistics, recovery)

7. OCD (meaning, symptoms, causes, types, thoughts, personality disorder)

8. Schizophrenia (types of symptoms, causes, treatments, early signs, risk factors, prevalence statistics)

9. Substance Abuse (definition, symptoms, effects, causes, risk factors, treatment)

10. Physical Abuse (signs, effects, types)

11. Emotional Abuse (signs, emotionally abusive relationships, parents, cycle, effects, role of gaslighting, types, healing)

12. Sexual Abuse (signs, types, effects, survivor stories)

13. Family (family therapy, family signs, family conflicts and resolutions)

14. Couples (couples therapy, counseling, exercises)

15. Sexual Disorders (sexual disorder information, therapies)

16. Addictions (symptoms, types, treatment, how to break an addiction)

17. Child and Adolescent (social media, substance abuse, anxiety, how to help teens)

18. LGBT (counseling, support, coping with unsupportive people, coming out)

19. COVID-19 (social distancing, loneliness, job loss, financial stress, coping)

20. Maternal (postpartum depression, anxiety, maternal mental health)

21. Coping Skills

22. Stress (symptoms, management, coping)

23. Relationships (symptoms of toxic or unsupportive relationships, leaving a relationship, coping with breakups)

24. Parenting (single parents, foster parents, parenting stress)

25. Grief and Loss (types, symptoms, stages, coping)

26. ADHD (symptoms, causes, statistics)

27. Autism (signs, causes, awareness, types, coping)

28. Self-Esteem (signs, how to boost, affirmations, activities)

29. CBT (definition, techniques, CBT for X (any) conditions)

30. BIPOC (mental health, racism, stigma, coping)

Activity

After reading the content focus areas, mention which area you are interested in developing content for and why. Reflect and share feedback on at least one student’s shared reason too.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

Happy900 February 26th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I am interested in learning disabilites. Why? Because I have a learning disability.

blissart February 27th, 2021

@Happy900

appreciate ur kind intentions to support others with ur experience u must have gained thru ur own struggles n challenegesheart

Happy900 February 27th, 2021

@blissart Thank you,for being so kind and very nice to me. It means so much to me.

Matej45678 July 26th, 2021

@Happy900

That is great! I appreciate you for trying to help others with issues that you struggled with! You're really strong! heart Take care. heart

Happy900 July 26th, 2021

@Matej45678 Thank you.
I try my best to support others.

KACOSMIC July 30th, 2021

@Happy900

I think it is admirable when we have some experience in some area and we have the courage to share this to support others... smiley

greatfulPassion August 10th, 2021

@Happy900
I appreciate you for trying to help others with issues that you struggled with! By these means, you will be able to help at your level best.

twilight000 August 21st, 2021

@Happy900

It's brave of you to share something like that, and I think with your experience and willingness to write about this, your content will be helpful to all.

Brinaa101 August 24th, 2021

@Happy900

That's a really good topic and it's really nice that you want to support other people who have gone through your experiences, so that they know they are not alone <3

Textingpals October 5th, 2021

That's kind of you to help out people with the issues you have struggled with.

PhoenixTears5972 June 14th, 2022

@Happy900

The fact that you chose this topic as your area of interest is really great and being a sufferer yourself , its genuinely very brave of you for wanting to help others going through the same ! Good luck for your work ! ❤️

heathermarie95 August 20th, 2023

@Happy900

I like how you decided to focus on a topic that you relate to. I find it a lot more easy to do research on a topic we relate to and/or interest us.

CocoaCassie March 18th

@Happy900 So do I, maybe we can chat.

blissart February 27th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

topics of interest are couples, relationships, grief for my exp in helping others around me irl

11820Read February 27th, 2021

@blissart

I think real-life experiences is a good factor in determining which areas one has a credibility in. That is to say, in my opinion your choices are good and backed up with a reason which can make readers find you trustworthy. <3

WendinCaring February 28th, 2021

@blissart @11820Read

I agree. The best kind of writing comes from your heart. With that being said, real-life exprience helps us create the most authentic connection with our readers. It is more like creating a heart to heart conversation.

Happy900 May 5th, 2021

@blissart Thanks for sharing.

Happy900 June 26th, 2021

@blissart Thank you for sharing.
Those are good choices by the way.

Zahraa000 January 17th, 2022

Yes, I think one of the important things that we must take seriously is choosing healthy relationships✨

After exploring both the Current Article Topics and Content Focus Area, I think I'm a good fit for "Spirituality" and "Personal Stories" under the Current Article Topics.

Spirituality is a good choice for me not only because currently (and sadly) 7Cups lacks articles of this topic, but because I'm both religious and spiritual.

Personal Stories may be a place suitable for me to share with readers different steps in life that have shaped me into a unique person today.

As for the Content Focus Area, I regretfully cannot find any that seems to be my area of expertise. They are either something I have never had a real-life experience with or something I myself still need to learn to cope with.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 27th, 2021

Thank you for sharing - these content focus areas do not limit us as contributors so I would love to see you add this perspective - interesting fact, we are interested in seeing some religious/spirituality based growth paths so perhaps you would like to build one?

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'd love to, thank you for suggesting this for me!

By the way, I understand you may not be the person responsible for the new Growth Path advertised some days ago, but do you happen to know if it isn't opened for everyone? I've sent a message to another listener but they haven't got back to me yet. Thank you in advance. :)

Just to clarify, I asked this because I've tried to access it but failed.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 27th, 2021

The Content Team will help provide great content on the paths too! I am helping out and on this link you can find an Interest Form because the builder is available only to people with some badges (CDM Graduates included) but another way to gain access is to fill in the linked Interest Form within the announcement - I would love to consider it! https://www.7cups.com/forum/SiteUpdatesInformationFortheCommunity_100/GlensNookCommunity_547/OurGrowthPathBuilderisNowAvailable_240264/

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you for referring the page to me! I'll be checking it as soon as I have time. heart

Happy900 May 5th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly As a Pastor ,in real life, I would love to see growth paths, to this nature.

Looking forward to useing some of them.

Cannot waite to see, what they come up with.

I will be watching.

March 12th, 2021

@11820Read Very interesting choice of a topic. Definitely, if something has potential to contribute to our growth, it must be explored and written about.

Excitingeasting May 27th, 2021

@11820Read

Thank you for sharing this. I agree that personal experience can influence how you write and I like that you picked out the need for this website to have more articles on spirtuality so I am glad that you pucked a topic that you are enthusiastic about.

dreamRainbows3245 February 17th, 2022

@11820Read

That's really a great reason. We would definitely need more articles around this topic.

WendinCaring February 28th, 2021

There are several areas I would like to develop contents for:
Child and Adolescent (social media, substance abuse, anxiety, how to help teens), Coping Skills, Self-Esteem and Autism.

Reasons:
I went to teacher's college many years ago. After graduating from my programme, I worked with high school students for a few years. My work experience prompts me to reflect so much on a daily basis. I am interested in writing to help ease the pains of the parents of children and adolescents.
I am on the Autism Spectrum. It is natural for me to want to share also explore more on the subject of Autism.

March 2nd, 2021

@WendinCaring given your experience of working with students, makes sense. It will definitely help one in developing Child and adolescent related content.

KristinHelps March 9th, 2021

@WendinCaring These are great areas to have interests in for developing content. Working with experience is incredible and the ability to learn and grow with the content and spreading new things will be great for the community.

AnisiaCocanMA March 15th, 2021

@WendinCaring

I appreciate your topics of interest and it is quite nice that you can offer support via content based on your individual story.

magicalOcean594 July 3rd, 2022

@WendinCaring

i think this is an awesome topic that we need more of the child and adolescence topic! great work on the reasons. i would love to read this article!

March 2nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1) Grief and Loss:- Mainly because it can have deep and long lasting impact(s) if not handled well.

2) Self-esteem:- It is a very common issue and at times misunderstood. At times self-esteem overlaps with narcissism too. So, boundaries for healthy self-esteem need to be established.

FinleyTews March 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper I am interested in seeing you elaborate about boundaries concerning self-esteem and how it overlaps with narcissism. Hope you will write about it one day!

CaringBrit March 5th, 2021

@DonaldDraper i look foward to reading your chosen topics if they get written donald lovely choices too

SynSavory March 7th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

That's very true - the field of grief is not always appreciated enough - and I feel like it needs more people to take the helm.

azureOwl6812 March 22nd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

I can see that you have emphasised the importance of these two topics and am looking forward to see you describe these topics too! :)

March 24th, 2021

@azureOwl6812 @SynSavory @CaringBrit @FinleyTews Thank you all so much Red heart
The article on the topic has been written and waiting for approval/publish. You can find them on the week 5 Article dashboard.