Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3) Social Media Graphics: Promoting Site Content

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

Graphics can be created to support as well as summarize site content on social media platforms that link back to the original content through shares links alongside them. For example, we can create graphics to present our optimized Question and Answer Page or a summary of an expert article.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the process of designing graphics, using image captions and hashtags, as well as posting best practices

(i) Designing Graphics:

To aid the graphic designing process, you can consider using sites that allow you to not only create your own graphics but provide a wide range of templates that you can edit.

Some tips to consider include:

• Know which design size you require beforehand - this may vary based on the social media platform. For example, Instagram offers a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080 px.

• Use only 2 font designs to avoid going overboard.

• Use contrasting fonts or different text sizes to grab attention and to ensure the main message is conveyed.

• Less is sometimes more: if your design does not require extra backgrounds, images, or design layers, consider going with white space as that helps avoid your content being avoided due to noise.

• Use icons to help graphically summarize your content.

• Consider combining consistency with creativity: ask yourself what your major content can creatively look like as consistency is a core principle of content creation. Consistency also applies to your design (font, colors, etc). For example, an analysis of 7 Cups Instagram can help identify that most of the posts are quotes, affirmations, etc. Note that more foundational blocks can always be introduced into the flow with time.

• Consider adding your logo or site information on your graphic to help strengthen your brand.

• Think of ways to stand out: Research and observe current trends, international events, and other possible content inspirations, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box to trial new creative ideas. For example, 7 Cups hosted a very successful and engaging Mental Health Trick or Treat

Sites that have free editable templates include:

(ii) Image Captions and Hashtags

• Remember that your image caption not only represents the content you are posting about but the brand you represent.

• Consider the length of your caption based on your social media platform. For instance, Twitter limits characters, Instagram can be used for a medium length caption, while Facebook could host longer article-style captions too!

• Some ideas of captions include: summarizing the content, mentioning the main motto of the post, etc.

• Add emojis to connect with your audience.

• Don’t forget to ensure readability by breaking up your longer captions with headings or spaces.

• Questions help engage the audience: never forget to look for opportunities for reflection such as one-word answers to yes/no questions, or other quick icebreakers such as what everyone plans to do at the weekend.

• A call to action is important to ensure further practical engagement. You can remind users about more details about supporting content present in the link in your bio or directly share your relevant link (depending on the social media platform)

• Structure your caption with important information at the beginning, followed by any additional information of interest (such as goals, facts), questions for engagement, call to action, etc - you can style your structure based on your content type.

• Include relevant hashtags and consider using mentions and tagging other users. Researching relevant hashtags involves keeping an eye on the hashtags used by influencers and leading figures and profiles within the industry, looking for trends and patterns, finding related hashtags just like related keywords, as well as trialing different groups of hashtags for certain content types. Last but not least, your brand can aim to start a new hashtag of its own as well! Some websites have tools that can help you target and research hashtags - some examples are included in this external link.

(iii) Posting Time

Many people often wonder when to post their content, and this curiosity is definitely important because posting time does influence engagement and value of the content posted - however, there are no correct rules of guidance.

Rather, posting times should be based on insights on when your audience is most likely to be active - most social media platforms offer these insights for business or creator accounts, alongside insights in regards to other engagement factors.

One excellent feature to utilize to ensure posting time, as well as a smooth flow of content, is to plan content in advance and schedule posts - scheduling is possible through the Twitter platform as well as the Facebook Business Suite for both Instagram and Facebook

Activity

Using your answer to the question in Discussion 2’s activity, create a social media graphic presenting the content and share your graphic as a reply to this post. Creativity is welcome for this task, and you can create any form of content. Feel welcome to use the 7 Cups social media content for inspiration if needed. Reply to at least one student’s graphic as well.

Tip: You can discuss ideas or ask for help in the student discussion and support thread!

Not sure how to add images directly into this forum discussion? Find instructions here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 25th, 2021

@AnisiaCocanTherapist no worries! Instructions are available here and I have updated this discussion to add them - if you are still unable to post, you can email it to me and I can help edit your post to include it

shoag February 26th, 2021

shoag February 26th, 2021

RationalMe7 February 27th, 2021

@shoag

Great one ! Looks so welcoming!

RationalMe7 July 12th, 2021

(re-posting)

@shoag

Great one! It looks so welcoming!

aliceaspiringpsychiatrist September 3rd, 2021

@shoag
I LOVE the color combination! Well done! wink

ComfortingNutella2030 October 1st, 2021

@shoag

Love the design and color coordination, lovely job!!

hopezzy April 17th, 2022

@shoag Looks amazing and great message!

RationalMe7 February 27th, 2021

My humble attempt

BeamsOfHope00 April 19th, 2021

@alphav7

I really like how you're message tells people to reach out to 7cups to get help healing.

@Jacklynngirl656

Thank you!

kindLemonade July 12th, 2021

@alphav7
wonderful artwork there, alphav!

@kindLemonade

Thank you, Lemo.

JustLikeMellie October 3rd, 2021

@RationalMe7 I love it!

RationalMe7 October 3rd, 2021

@JustLikeMellie

Thank you 😊

AnisiaCocanMA March 2nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

qtLHGSw

wagwanianPA May 3rd, 2021

@AnisiaCocanTherapist Nice work! A bit blurry, but still good for a first try :)

lyricalAngel70 March 2nd, 2021

mvpeng March 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly sXBbohh.png

mvpeng March 7th, 2021

My caption would be:

No matter what anyone says, you are enough.

Sometimes people may make us feel like we are not enough, but we always are. If someone is treating you badly, that is a reflection on them, not you. Keep doing your best, stay strong, and know that you are worth so much.

Happy900 May 13th, 2021

@mvpeng Loved your caption.

sunlightspirit March 8th, 2021

@mvpeng

I like the message...so often people rely on what others say to define themselves...Nice work!

mvpeng March 8th, 2021

Thank you!

followup March 21st, 2021

@mvpeng

Love the graphic

sereneMango3007 April 26th, 2021

I love the message and the font :)

Happy900 May 13th, 2021

@mvpeng Nice job.

caffeinatedcatio June 13th, 2021

@mvpeng Good job on the graphic! Loved the caption as well :)

Hemaja31 January 31st, 2022

Great enough!

Daf8 September 6th, 2022

❤️ @mvpeng ❤️

❤️ I love the message and background! You used a great font and use of space to spread empowering motivation. Your caption could include hashtags and emojis, but regardless of that, it is very supportive and validating. Congratulations on your awesome work! ❤️

SupportiveSpace8282 May 31st, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub Your font choice and graphic go so well together! Great message as well. :)

ouiCherie July 16th, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub beautiful! This design is classy and artistic. I love the simplicity, the asymmetrical balance between the image and text, plus the color contrast there. Well done Toast! 💜

BgTZJe8.gif

SEE BELOW for RESIZED graphic (2nd attempt)

Sunlightspirit

Happy900 May 13th, 2021

@sunlightspirit Nice.

BgTZJe8.gif

2nd attempt...Resized!

@sunlightspirit

This design I created symbolizes the struggle in our mind with negative self-talk "enough is NOT enough", yet the word NOT is crossed out to remind ourselves to rethink what we tell ourselves and eliminate the negatives...the rainbow is within reach, symbolizing the positive statement "enough IS enough".

Happy900 May 13th, 2021

@sunlightspirit I agree.

We as human beings can be very hard on our selves, at times.

I feel we need to lighten up, little.

It is ok to have some fun, every once in a while.

Make sure you take the time, to have some fun, my friend sun.

Nice job.

KristinHelps March 8th, 2021

@sunlightspirit I absolutely love this image! We are enough, enough of the negativity, self-doubt, inner-critic, etc.!