Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2) Community Questions and Answers - The Basis of Mental Health Awareness and Support

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

As previously introduced, the Questions and Answers Pages at 7 Cups offer a wide range of quality based answers to common mental health questions

Questions and Answers are available for 38 main categories, ranging from General Mental Health, Disabilities, Managing Emotions, Loneliness, Grief, Recovery, Student Life, Work Stress, and many more!

Through this directory of available knowledge, awareness, and support, 7 Cups is equipped with answers to the common questions and concerns people have. Most of these Questions and Answers are featured in search engine results due to the value of the content they contain.

The main community Questions and Answers Page offers a recent questions section as well as a section containing the most answered questions.

All 7 Cups users are invited to search for or ask new questions through the main page. Community users can also participate in this area by submitting their answers, which are reviewed by a team for quality and other important requirements.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the basic requirements needed to research as well as write quality answers for the Question and Answer Pages. Additionally, we will optimize the drafted answers in light of certain guidelines.

(i) Basic Research and Writing Requirements: When writing answers to community questions, keep in mind these tips:

• You need to write a minimum of 150 characters and 100 words.

• If research is needed to guide your answer, consider only learning about the topic and avoid direct copy/pasting researched tips, advice, or information.

• Consider verifying the information or facts through at least 2 reliable sources.

• When researching possible answers or things the person can benefit from, consider their circumstances and if the tip is do-able and generally applicable.

• Avoid plagiarism.

• Use professional and appropriate language.

• If comfortable, you can add a personal anecdote to help add meaning to your answer. However, avoid turning the answer to just your account or an entire focus on your experience.

• Be empathetic, and consider using active listening skills to help not only answer their question but their feelings - this adds connection and meaning to your answer, as well as identifies understanding, which can lead to trust.

• Answers should be related to the question and must contain tips or approaches to help deal with the question/situation instead of vague responses, even if positive.

• 7 Cups is based on avoiding direct advice, this is because we do not know the complete scenario or situation a person may be facing. Keeping that in mind, avoid giving answers that provide one possible “solution” - a good tip is to consider encompassing all possible outcomes or more than one thing the person can try.

(ii) Ensuring Optimized Answers: Although the above requirements and tips help deliver a great answer, further optimization of drafted answers can help ensure their quality.

At 7 Cups, the Content Team uses researched and identified important keywords to guide their research and the writing process to result in optimized content as answers to community questions. In this regard, the basic tips/requirements involved are:

• Ensure answers have at least 8 to 10 sentences.

• Ensure the usage/incorporation of the maximum number or all of the provided keywords that can relate to the topic.

What are Keywords?

Generally, keywords can be thought of as terms or phrases that describe a piece of content. Related keywords are supporting keywords that can help further describe or expand on that initial content. For example, for the keyword “anxiety”, related keywords can be “anxiety symptoms” or “anxiety treatments”.

Keywords help with search engine marketing and hence are an important part of SEO strategies. A simple strategy to find keywords is to look for Google Related Searches. These related searches are searches that relate to your term. For instance, a Google Related Search for “anxiety symptoms” is “what is anxiety” - using this insight, you can consider including this phrase alongside a brief category of your content outline to help strengthen the optimization of your content.

For other free tools to help with keyword research, you can visit this external link.

Activity

Review this Sample Optimized Answer:

Question: How do paper bags help with panic attacks?

Provided Keywords: asthma attack, heart attacks, asthma, problems, brown paper bag, medical conditions, hyperventilation syndrome, mouth, respiratory alkalosis, common causes, chest pain, benefit, stress, medications

Approved, Optimized Answer:

While panic attacks might mimic the symptoms of heart attacks, they can be caused by several other problems and medical conditions. These include feeling stressed or facing medical conditions such as asthma attacks, hyperventilation syndrome, or even respiratory alkalosis. Although the common causes may differ, common symptoms include chest pain. Deep breathing through the mouth or by using a brown paper bag has its benefits, as it aids in the restoration of the loss of carbon dioxide in the blood during the panic attack.

Notes: The question was general, requiring general research-based knowledge on the process of using paper bags for panic attacks. As the keywords were essentially covered, note that this answer does not have 8-10 sentences, but further supporting information or even a personal anecdote can be added.

The following activity will help you put your attained knowledge to practice. Please write an optimized answer to the following community question, in light of the provided keywords. In addition, you are required to reply to at least one other student’s answer by identifying at least 3 strengths (things done correctly as per discussed guidelines) as well as at least 1 tip for improving the answer.

Note: You are welcome to click the question link and submit your written answer for community publication once done as this is an existing question!

Please do not forget to personally save your activity answers as well as your reply to another user’s answer (recommended on Google Doc or other means) as you will be asked to share this for your Weekly Progress Report.

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Bonus: Want to put your knowledge to test? Consider joining the Question and Answer (Q&A) Approval Team here and earn cheers for helping approve community answer submissions. You will be using the above knowledge as well as reminders on what makes a good answer. For more information, click here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

KACOSMIC July 22nd, 2021

@BlueTurtle5

Very well thought out answer...

Lannylistens August 18th, 2021

@BlueTurtle5

I really loved your take on this question. Your tone was nice, the sentences were laid out well and they flowed into each other. The only tip i would give is to keep up the good work! It was really well executed.

BlueTurtle5 August 23rd, 2021

@Lannylistens
Thank you!

AdventurousSpirit123 June 13th, 2021

Have you ever looked at a potential romantic partner and said to yourself, “She is out of my league” or, “He could never love somebody like me”? Feeling like we are not good enough for someone is a common feeling. The good news is that being common does not make something true. So, what can we do to overcome this?

A good first step is to deconstruct your belief that you are not good enough. Being by asking yourself what does it mean to you to be good enough? Where did that definition come from? Who taught it to you? When?

Many of us received messages about not being good enough from our parents when we were young children. It can be difficult to shake these messages. But it is possible. And good information, including knowing what we are up against, can help.

Know thy enemy
A bumper sticker in my neighborhood says: “Don’t believe everything you think.” Our brains sometimes lie to us, telling us stories to keep us safe. As human beings, our brains evolved to prioritize survival. Our brains constantly scan for danger, not distinguishing between physical and emotional danger. Potential rejection gets the same brain response as a tiger in the tall grass.

Scarcity is the idea that there isn’t enough of something to go around. We witnessed scarcity at the beginning of the pandemic, as panicked consumers bought all of the toilet paper. A more insidious type of scarcity is the belief that there is a limited quantity of desirable traits, coupled with the belief that they are universally highly prized. This can show up as “I will never be _______ enough,” where the blank may be smart, talented, thin, curvy, perfect, or many others. Including good.

If comparison is the thief of joy, we are our most prolific cat burglar. We exaggerate our imperfections while imagining the object of our comparison is truly exceptional. We observe other people’s strengths and assume that they are equally gifted in every area. We construct composite strawmen. This sounds like, “I’m not pretty like _______ or popular like _______ or talented like _______ or smart like _______.” Nobody could compare favorably to this imaginary amazing person.

Then there is social media. Ugh!

Just being human and living in this world feeds our inner critic’s voice plenty of material. Like cable news, our negative self-talk may flow 24x7.

How can we counter all of this? Here are some things that have worked for me.

Realizing your worth
Acknowledge that your self-worth is inherent. You are already good enough. You were born good enough. You will be good enough your whole life. A healthy relationship with that person you don’t feel good enough for will not increase your self-worth. Nor will not being in that relationship diminish it.

Challenge your self-doubts and negative self-talk. Don’t just hang your head in shame and let pass. Deconstruct them. Where are they coming from? Are they true? Do they serve you? Are they something you really want to internalize?

Know who you are; get clear about what you are not. You are a wonderful, unique, imperfect, worthwhile person. And there are some important things that you are not. For example, you are not your body. You have a body. You may believe it is imperfect, perhaps riddled with flaws. But it isn’t you. You are not your body. You are also not your past mistakes, your family, your bank balance, your job, your diagnosis, your social status. Those things may impact your life, but they do not define you.

If there are unhelpful things in your past, especially neglect, abuse, or trauma, that make it difficult to cultivate self-confidence and self-love, consider exploring them in therapy. A qualified therapist can help you ask the right questions, deconstruct your false beliefs, identify your blind spots, and challenge your stinkin’ thinking.

Neurons that fire together wire together. The volume of negative messages coming our way doesn’t just create pathways; it wears ruts. We need to be intentional about also ingesting positive messages. Daily affirmations may sound hoaky, but they work. Occasionally ask people who love you to tell you things they like about you. Listen and take those things on board. Surround yourself with positive, supportive others—family members, friends, coworkers.

Fight your perfectionism. Acknowledge that you are a work in progress. Each tomorrow offers the hope of becoming a better person who can do great things. Today’s change doesn’t have to be big. As of 2018, the average life expectancy in the United States is 78.54 years. That is a little more than 28,667 days. A little positive change each day adds up. Focus on your progress. Celebrate the little wins.

You can’t hate your way into loving yourself. Believe in yourself. Love yourself. Take care of yourself. It’s amazing what dedicating a little time each day to self-care will do for your ability to love yourself.

Finally, exercise courage. Connecting with others and creating meaningful relationships requires vulnerability. We often want to wait until it feels safe to be vulnerable. But it is by first being vulnerable, testing the waters, that we discover safety. That requires courage.

There are no shortcuts to overcoming the feeling of not being good enough for somebody. Some things can help. Deconstructing your false beliefs, understanding common sources of negative messages, challenging your self-doubts, and embracing practices that increase your self-esteem can all help. With time and effort, you will find the best way for you. Good luck!

caffeinatedcatio June 13th, 2021

@AdventurousSpirit123
Hello! I love the use of the keywords and the overall conversational tone of the response (especially the little anecdotes in between). I'd suggest you structure the content as more of a response to a question though since I think this would be more suited to an article instead. But other than that, you've done a great job!

Happy900 June 19th, 2021

@AdventurousSpirit123 Great Job.
I loved reading it and loved how you had fill in the blanks.
Great way to engage the reader.

caffeinatedcatio June 13th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day.

Response:
Quite often, when I find myself questioning "Why am I just not good enough?" the best way I tackle this is by taking a step back and evaluating the real reason that is making me feel this way. And, quite often, it comes down to that nagging voice inside me that just won’t stop bashing my self-esteem.
Especially when it comes to relationships – be it with family members or with a romantic partner – there’s always a pressure to constantly do the right thing to appease the other. It’s absolutely normal to sometimes question your actions in order to be a better person to your friends or significant other – what isn’t right is to have that inner critic take over your whole life, so much so that you end up being consumed by self-doubt. But worry not; there’s always a first for everything, and the first step to ending this constant negative self-talk is replacing it with acts of self-love. It doesn’t have to be as extravagant as social media makes us believe, either: just take some time out of the day to connect with yourself, reminding yourself that you’re an amazing person bound to do great things in life. You’ll find that building strong positive communication with your inner self will do wonders for your self-confidence, and gradually, for your relationships with others.
Before striving towards a healthy relationship with someone else, you need to establish one with yourself because, at the end of the day, you’re the one who has to live with you for the rest of your life. I know this isn’t something that will produce immediate results, but the good news is that you can start immediately ☺️
Good luck!

Izzy274 June 15th, 2021

@caffeinatedcatio
This is really amazing I love the way you wrote it so much!
Positives:
- I love how you took such a positive tone throughout your message, this made it really nice to read and feel so encouraging towards the readers.
- You included so many of the key words! And they all felt really natural within the flow of the writing which is such a difficult skill, so It was amazing how you did that :).
- You showed a lot of empathy and made it really personal to the reader, which adds to the positive feeling I mentioned above and also sounds really welcoming towards anyone reading.

Area for improvement:
Honestly it was so hard to think of something, but perhaps where you mention about replacing negativity with acts of self love and taking time to connect with yourself you could give some examples for how people could take some first steps to do this? I'm not sure, this was really good heart

caffeinatedcatio June 16th, 2021

@XCaraphernaliaX Thank you for your honest feedback! I'll keep the improvement tip in mind :D

Izzy274 June 15th, 2021

Proposed Answer (Feel free to critique!)

Hi, thank you for asking this question, feeling like you're not good enough for someone is such a difficult emotion to experience, and it's great that you've taken the first step in reaching out by asking this question.

Feeling like you’re not good enough for someone, whether it be your parents, partner, children, other family members or anyone you care about can have a really negative impact on your own self-esteem and self-worth, and sometimes can lead to increased self-doubt and negative self-talk. This can all have a big impact on your life, making it hard to gain self-confidence, and feel like the amazing person you truly are.

Sometimes it can be easy to compare yourself to other people and their lives. Using social media can be really helpful to reach out and communicate with the people you care about, but at the same time it can portray false images of other people’s lives. The things people choose to share about their own lives often focus only on the good news, and depict people always having a good time, which can’t always be representative of their whole lives.

So, what can we do to feel enough for the people around us? There are many different options to try, and no single best way to start to improve on your self-esteem. We are all human beings, and different things work well for different people. A few different options you could consider are practicing self-love, and trying to focus on the positive things you do as a person, to help yourself identify all the great things about you.

Another option may be to take note of all the little negative thoughts your inner critic brings up, and think about how useful these would actually be in helping you to become a better person. Sometimes you might be feeling quite overwhelmed by all the things your inner critic is telling you were bad, or not enough for those around you, and by writing down and analyzing these things hopefully you can find a few healthy things to work on, in order to continue becoming a better person and maintain or create healthy relationships.

If you feel like this has been significantly impacting you for a long time, then perhaps therapy would be the right thing for you. Therapists would be able to give you more information and resources on how you can start to take your next steps towards improving your self- esteem, and guide you towards finding your voice to communicate effectively with others, which can help form healthy relationships and reassure you that you are enough for those around you.

In conclusion, feeling like you aren’t enough for the people around you is something that impacts a lot of people for their whole life, and there will always be times, at the end of a hard day, where you can feel the negative voice inside you trying to convince you that this is true. However, feeling like you are enough and building up your self-worth is not just down to good luck – hopefully by trying some of the ideas above or other options available you will be able to identify the real reason you are feeling this way and start to make steps to improving your self-esteem.

HopefulBambi June 22nd, 2021

@XCaraphernaliaX

Hi! Lovely post/answer you have. Three strengths I see here is that you really got the nail on the head with empathy, you showed that you really care about this individual’s question and want to make sure they feel heard. Secondly, you did really well with transitioning from sentence to sentence, and things seemed to move smoothly which in turn makes a great read. Last but certainly not least, you bring up to the user that therapy might be a decent option highlighting different choices they can undertake but not pushing it as advice was really clever. It showed them they don’t have to be afraid to reach out for professional help if they want it. A tip I have for you (which is hard to give when this is such an amazing response) would be to perhaps include a personal anecdote near your conclusion when you wrap things up, maybe sharing an experience where these tips have worked for you or someone you know? Of course, that is an extremely personal choice if you wish to do so or not, but I believe it might help the individual feel that there is hope and it has worked for someone else, so it might be worth a try for them.

giggleBubbles6722 June 17th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?
We have all felt this way at some point in time. The most important thing to remember is that it's okay to feel this way. We all have an inner critic and it helps us improve ourselves to become a better person. However, it is important to distinguish when to listen to that inner voice and when to shut it down.

Negative self-talk breaks our self-esteem and creates self-doubt. The most important part to focus on is whether or not you are good enough for yourself. Everyone is unique and shines in different ways. The rainbow has different colours and they're all beautiful. However, some people like blue more than green and that's okay. In the same way people like other people for different reasons. Because no one can ever be good at everything.

Not everyone knows where they shine or what they are good at that is okay too. Self-discovery is a beautiful thing and it supports self-confidence. The key is to feel good enough for yourself and to accept who you are.

You are unique and an amazing person. You are the best you. Your self-worth is not connected to what others think of you. If they think less of you it usually means they're not comfortable with the person they are. Nothing exudes more confidence than accepting yourself with your flaws.

To reiterate, it's okay to feel this way. Don't allow yourself to indulge in negative self-talk. Only you truly know your self-worth and your true strengths. Focus on that and embrace it until you believe it with your mind heart and your soul.

There's something beautiful and worthy in all of us.
We have all felt this way at some point in time. The most important thing to remember is that it's okay to feel this way. We all have an inner critic and it helps us improve ourselves to become a better person. However, it is important to distinguish when to listen to that inner voice and when to shut it down.

Negative self-talk breaks our self-esteem and creates self-doubt. The most important part to focus on is whether or not you are good enough for yourself. Everyone is unique and shines in different ways. The rainbow has different colours and they're all beautiful. However, some people like blue more than green and that's okay. In the same way people like other people for different reasons. Because no one can ever be good at everything.

Not everyone knows where they shine or what they are good at that is okay too. Self-discovery is a beautiful thing and it supports self-confidence. The key is to feel good enough for yourself and to accept who you are.

You are unique and an amazing person. You are the best you. Your self-worth is not connected to what others think of you. If they think less of you it usually means they're not comfortable with the person they are. Nothing exudes more confidence than accepting yourself with your flaws.

To reiterate, it's okay to feel this way. Don't allow yourself to indulge in negative self-talk. Only you truly know your self-worth and your true strengths. Focus on that and embrace it until you believe it with your mind heart and your soul.

There's something beautiful and worthy in all of us.

Happy900 June 19th, 2021

@giggleBubbles6722 I enjoyed reading it.
You did a nice job.

HopefulBambi June 22nd, 2021

[Wow, this discussion really helped me think more outside the box on where I need to be improving my answers. I think I'm going to defintely have to practice more with this]

---

It can be really difficult to feel as if we are not good enough for others, especially during this day and age where constant seeking of affection on social media and other platforms is highly present. A lot of people are in your same boat, and although it may seem like the inner critic within you is winning, you are a strong and amazing person. When our brain focuses on our negative self-talk, it tricks ourselves into thinking that is what we truly are. Thus, in turn, when our self-esteem is lowered, the brain reacts with that same feeling to try and combat it. You have to remind yourself that you are worthy of self-love and to try and think more on the lighter side of things. This perspective that you need to be a “better person” for someone else can be a very damaging voice within our head. Sometimes we need to make sure we have a healthy relationship with ourselves before trying to go and reach out and please others. At the end of the day, what matters most is your own well-being, and it’s important to take a first, baby step, before diving right into things.

Icecream2Day June 26th, 2021

@OliviaWilson5
Dear Olivia,
you really did a great job with answering the member's question!
Three strenghtes I see are that you answer very empathically, your use of language is awesomely and you use quite some keywords.
Something to improve might be that you show the member some concrete ideas of how they can make their situation better :)

Icecream2Day June 26th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

At times we feel as if we are not enough for someone else and this feeling can be very frustrating.
Our inner critic might tell us things like "You don't live up to the expectations of your parents" or "You aren't a good enough parent to your children" or "You could be a better lover to your partner".
This all might lead to a lot of self-doubt because we start to honestly believe that we aren't enough.
Good news is that we don't need to give in to all those negative thoughts.
A great first step might be to get some information about how you can identify, recognise and reframe negative self-talk. It will probably take some time to become good at it but at the end of the day you will gain self-confidence inprotecting yourself from destructive thoughts.
Another idea is to tal with your family members about your self-doubts. Open communication might be the best way for you to figure out if their impression of you suits the idea you have of yourself.
Last but not least you can condsider starting therapy and get some professional help. A therapist will be able to work with you on developing self-love and be kinder to yourself.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 1st, 2021

Hey @Icecream2Day , great response ❤
3 strengths-:
1. I like how you underlined the keywords to show distinction, and made use of quite alot of the good keywords provided .
2. I can see a good amount of active listening skills in your response , very thoughtful , considerate, empathetic, validating and reflective .

3. i like the short and to the point approach in your answer.

An area of improvement-:
Honestly not much with the content however I see some words misspelled so my one suggestion would be to proofread the answer before submitting it for any blank spaces and spellings , rest is super good! 😊

ouiCherie July 12th, 2021

Hi @Icecream2Day how are you?

I would say this is a beautifully written answer from a relatable point of view. Below is the feedback:

Strengths:

1. No significant grammatical error.
  2. The choice of words is easy to understand, thus made the writing work clear.
  3. You used 16 out of 30 given keywords in 206 words and ten sentences. Considering the requirement was 150 words and 8-10 sentences. Not bad at all!

Constructive Feedback:

1. Some typos. Minor mistakes that I did it too now and then.

2. I'm aware it's not easy to incorporate 30 keywords in 150 words, and I wasn't successful doing that either. You've done it awesomely in using more than 50% of it. I'd say well done, but do you think it can be more optimized?

Cheers! 💜

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 1st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly , thankyou for the tips and discussion .

What to do when you feel you're not good enough for someone?

Not feeling good enough for someone is natural specially in the age of social media , which aids to comparison amongst different people , I understand and relate with how difficult it is to sit back and think why aren't we enough. Maybe it's a good question to ponder upon - "what's making me feel not good enough for this person ?" Or rather "what is exactly good enough ?" , I can assure you there's no concrete answer for what's good enough because we all humans are perceptive in nature and have our own judgements and assessments based on experiences which are personal to us , what may feel good to one wouldn't necessarily feel good to others , but so long we stay true to ourselves and have a healthy relationship with self , we can always start working on bettering ourselves, improving our confidence , esteem , self worth , relationships and interaction with others around us . Know that it is natural to feel pressured by the inner self critic , we all do feel the inner voice telling us we are not enough sometimes, and it's okay to take a pause and let that thought simply flow , the negative self talk and self doubt does get to us and make us question our worth or if we are good enough . The first step towards reducing the intensity with which this negative inner voice affects us ,is to accept that no one is perfect , accept ourselves as we are only with the intention to work on what we can improve in us for ourselves, not to please someone else . There will be someone who will always be dissatisfied by us in one or the other way , but as long as we know we are a work in progress, an incredibly amazing person who knows themselves through and through and is striving to work on themselves continually to be a better person each day , it is what matter at the end of the day , our self love and acceptance and the strive to improve for ourselves.
I do feel healthy relationships and our self esteem are complementary to an extent , for instance when we are feeling good within ourselves we won't tolerate anything less of a good and healthy relationship with a person , unfortuantely when we do struggle to keep up with our self esteem , we may sometimes give others the authority to control our emotions and so there's a higher chance we pay more attention to their emotions and behaviour towards us than our own in general leading to some very closed off relationships with not much space and understanding , therefore to aid our self esteem, it is needed we align ourselves with people who accept us for us , encourage us to be a better us and support us when we need them , also a good communication and expression of feelings is also the basis of a healthy relationship, be it with our family members or with a partner, friend etc , super needed to be gentle with ourselves, introspect with ourselves, our needs and wants and communicate them frequently whenever required to .
It is definitely not an easy road towards self acceptance and self love , but the good news is that you're capable of right about everything you wish for yourself , with some self belief and confidence and ofcourse a small step forward whenever you feel ready to take one . Good luck, I hope there are great things in store for you in your life journey ahead .

sophiasanae July 2nd, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Ahh! This is such a great answer! I love how you said that we should improve for ourselves, and not others. I also think you did a great job using the keywords and empathizing! The only suggestion I have is to maybe summarize at the end so all the key information/tips are stated clearly for the questioner!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 2nd, 2021

Hey @sophiasanae , thanks so much ! I appreciate your reply for pointing out some strengths and area of improvement. Summarizing at the end definitely sounds like a great suggestion , thankyou .❤

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Aww of course!

@SoulfullyAButterfly

parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

It's common to have moments of self-doubt and negative self-talk when imagining yourself in a relationship where you feel like the other person is better than you. We are only human beings after all, and comparison is natural! However, finding acceptance in a situation like this often comes from working on a relationship with yourself. This means working on self-esteem/self-confidence! Think about this for a moment, "What do you think are some of your best qualities? How do they positively impact the relationships in your life?" It can be anything about you, big or small. Just finding little ways to appreciate yourself can really improve your self-image. You are an amazing person (I mean it!) and you deserve to be in a healthy relationship where the other person can value you as much as you value them. I once heard that you can't love anybody else until you love yourself. While self-love is always a work in progress, I find this statement to be true. At the end of the day, I hope this helps you overcome that pesky feeling of unworthiness and recognize how valuable you are as a person.
Star996 July 6th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

When we don't feel good enough, we might start to question our bond with our parents, children, family members or our partner. We often forget to have a good time with people and try to find solutions on 'how to be a better person'. Our self-esteem gets affected and negative self-talk becomes common. We might even try to avoid people, whether it be through social media or in real life.

But the good news is that each one of us is an amazing person and no one deserves to feel this way! The best way for these feelings to go away is actually different for everyone and we have to find it. It might be as simple as a movie or a book or as complex as finding the real reason of the insecurities. It depends on everyone.

The first step is really hard to take and going through the process of removing the insecurities is even more difficult.

But our self confidence increase and we learn and follow the concept of self-love. We realize the value of ourselves and see our self-worth! We are all human beings, so it is easy for the inner critic to come out and judge us and supply criticism and our feelings of self-doubt to emerge. By removing these insecurities, the inner critic's voice goes down and we find ourselves feel more free. Finding this way is just like us performing therapy on ourselves. It's therapeutic and helps us a lot too!

By removing these insecurities, we can also maintain healthy bonds. Having a healthy relationship is beneficial and can show us many great things of life.

Our communication skills increase. We also start to notice more strengths about ourselves too!

I hope this was the right thing to help you on your journey and that the information here helped you. At the end of the day, you will have to find that path yourself. Good luck on your journey!

Star996 July 6th, 2021

@Star996

Also, I apologize for any errors. My laptop is currently having a problem, haha, so I wrote the whole thing on my phone, so that's why.

kindLemonade July 6th, 2021

@Star996

*clapping loudly* - This is truly impressive, Star, I don't understand how you can be so creative and include so many provided keywords in this writing! Lovely answer there yes

I do agree that by removing insecurity, we can increase our communication with others and thus, the bond and connection will be deepened naturally. The key to this like you mentioned is self-love. Cultivating compassion for ourselves is not as easy as it sounds but your writing makes it so convincing for me to prioritise self-love much more too!

Star996 July 7th, 2021

@kindLemonade
Hahaha, I am glad that you liked it! It was tricky but I tried to form my answer based on the keywords, hehehe. I am glad that you agree with me! Hi5! ✋laugh

kindLemonade July 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Sometimes, we feel inadequate in relationships with our partners, parents or other family members. One of the real reasons for this low self-esteem is because since we were only just children, we weren't taught to validate ourselves from the inside but to seek external approvals throughout our whole life. We might miss out on a good time hanging out with friends because of self doubt such as we don’t feel good about how we look. This is potentially formed by negative self-talk based on what is considered the "right thing" on social media. For example, if the new selfie trend is to look very slim, we might scale our own self-worth on how thin we can get and thus, if we cannot achieve the “right” weight, our whole self-confidence is compromised. We wouldn’t be able to see at all what an amazing person this one right here in front of the mirror is because the inner critic's voice of blinds us.

The good news is, it’s never too late to cultivate self-love and to develop a healthy relationship with ourselves. The first step is to recognize that we are all human beings and no one is perfect. One of the best ways to become a better person might not be to chase after societal standards but to take some time out to have real communication with our inner self. Some people find therapy helpful for them to untangle old beliefs, to look inward and to gain new information/ insights/ beliefs about themselves. With good luck, this process of internal introspection, embracing self-compassion and building self-confidence might be very fast, but please be at your own pace and enjoy the journey. At the end of the day, it is often said that great things aren't achieved overnight.

@ouiCherie @Star996 @Happy900 heart

Happy900 July 7th, 2021

@kindLemonade Nice job.
Very professional looking.
I liked how you underlined the key words.
I enjoyed reading it.
If I was going to grade this, you would get an A+.

kindLemonade July 7th, 2021

@Happy900
That's way too kind of you, I'm humbled.
Thank you for taking time to read and review my works!
Congratulation on finishing the course! heartyes

ouiCherie July 7th, 2021

@kindLemonade beautiful! 😁👍🏻

Star996 July 8th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Wowwww, this is awesome! I loved the examples, the depth, the feelings put in the emphasis, and... welllll, everything! I loveeee this answer!

cuteeeezombieeee July 11th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Children learn to mirror their parents’ behavior. This often has an impact on our self-esteem in later years. We may feel we’re not good enough for our friends or partners or family members.

Excessive use of social media also has a negative impact on our self-esteem. When we come across hurtful content, the best thing to do is take a step back rather than engage in conflict.

The good news is that it’s possible to realize our self-worth through practicing self-love and taking care of ourselves. The best way to realize our self-worth is by understanding the power of our attitude towards ourselves. The first step is not allowing ourselves to be people pleasers. Trying to please others often means we are victim to people’s negative statements/comments. Human beings are born knowing their self-worth but growing up, they feel influenced by the negative comments/attitudes and expectations.

Cognitive behavioral therapy has always been considered a way of treating depression, anxiety and low self-esteem. Cultivating gratitude, using positive self-talk and practicing random acts of kindness are all fulfilling activities which put us on the path to becoming a better person.

Our inner critic is a voice inside us that weighs us down. Self-doubt is a crucial root of our inner critic. Self doubt amplifies our weaknesses and forces us to dwell on and overcomplicate situations. Negative-self talk and self-doubt are interconnected. This too limits out ability to believe in ourselves. The real reason may be influenced by external factors such as poor academic performance or bullies.

Throughout our whole life, there’s time to realize our worth and to realize how much of an amazing person each one of us is. Some tips to increasing self-confidence include focusing on our strengths and talents and using them to our benefit. A subconscious voice inside us is always there. Its up to us to let that voice know that we’re the ones to take control of our lives. Having a good time in a healthy relationship is eventually down to the fact that both partners have to accept each others’ differences and appreciate them instead of finding faults. These simple tips might help us work on our communication skills.

I hope the tips and information help you and just know that we’re all capable of doing great things if we believe in ourselves. At the end of the day, you are in charge of how you feel, regardless of who likes you or hates you. Good luck!

RationalMe7 July 12th, 2021

(reposting)

Here's my humble attempt. Please feel free to share feedback and help me grow & write better content.

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, the best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, a better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, the real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Proposed Answer:

Self-doubt or loss of self-confidence is faced by many people. A lot of people go through this for their whole life without finding a solution. The first step is to realise that you are not alone. Your feeling of low self-worth is the real reason behind it. This is shaped by many factors. Some of them are your relationship with other human beings - in real life or on social media and your status in the community. If you feel that you don’t matter in the larger scheme of things, you may begin to indulge in negative self-talk. This is where hope is important. It makes you feel valuable.

The best way to realise your real self-worth is by understanding that you are not what others’ opinions are. But, it’s hard when it comes to being with someone whom you feel does not value you. Sometimes, communication can help you clear a lot of things. We arrive at wrong conclusions when we have incomplete information. That’s where it helps.

When you lack a healthy relationship with your children, parents, partner or other family members, you may face the same issues. This is also due to the lack of communication.

If the external factors are absent, you may be troubled by your inner-critic’s loud voice. The good news is that you also can overcome such thoughts. It may take time to convince yourself that you’re a better person than you think. But, it’s possible. You can help yourself through self-love. Make it a habit. This can be done by having a good time, treating yourself well etc.

If things are really bad, the right thing would be to consider seeking professional help like therapy or counselling. You can also take a break from such people or circumstances till you heal.

At the end of the day, remember that you have a chance to improve and become a better person. You can

do a lot of great things with this mindset. Your journey to become an amazing person begins in your mind. I hope this answer helped you. Good luck on that journey!

ouiCherie July 12th, 2021

Constant NEGATIVE SELF-TALK such as we are not good enough for someone is the REAL REASON of SELF-DOUBT that can shake our SELF-WORTH, and in a long period leads to SELF-ESTEEM issue and ruin the GOOD TIME we can have with people. A misuse of SOCIAL MEDIA can contribute to building this INNER CRITIC VOICE that focuses on our flaws. The GOOD NEWS is no HUMAN BEINGS are flawless.

We can be a BETTER PERSON, have HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP and COMMUNICATION, be they with PARENTS, PARTNERS, our CHILDREN, or other FAMILY MEMBERS. But there is no magic bullet, and we have to work on it our WHOLE LIFE to keep the SELF-LOVE balanced.

There is a lot of INFORMATION on how to build SELF-CONFIDENCE that we can learn from, which can be the FIRST STEP. If it has created a more complex issue, it is best to seek medical attention and THERAPY. You are the one who knows the RIGHT THING and the BEST WAY for yourself at the END OF THE DAY.

Always remember that you are an AMAZING PERSON and good enough for GREAT THINGS in life like everyone else. GOOD LUCK!

🖊 191 words, 10 sentences.

kindLemonade July 16th, 2021

@ouiCherie
It was an enjoyable read. I also like how you add the total words number at the end ❤️💯📝

ouiCherie July 16th, 2021

Thank you Lemo @kindLemonade 🤗 You have no idea how many *not good enough* negative self-talk that led to self-doubt I had to conquered just for this short paragraph. Black and white thinking pattern at its best! 😂 The supportive comment is truly appreciated but just know I'm open for constructive feedback as well for improvement 💜

Matej45678 July 15th, 2021
Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Answer:
Since I used to ask myself the same question, I understand the worry and the pain that comes with it. I know that clouds and fog come with self-doubt and that it forbids you to clearly enjoy a good time spent with your loved ones, making you feel like they would be better off without you and that you don't belong with them, almost like a burden. It, truly, can be a hopeless feeling, for which I offer deep understanding.
We are all human beings - sensitive and critical in nature. There is a great possibility that the same people you feel not good enough for feel the same way towards you. Maybe you feel not good enough for your parents and family members - not fulfilling their expectations or what you feel like they expectations are - there is no real reason for that, since they brought you into this world, giving you free will. Many times even they do not feel good enough for their children, feeling like they fail in fulfilling their responsibility to give them absolute care.
Or you don't feel as good for your partner. But there's a point in every healthy relationship when both partners start to accept each other as they really are - as every one is - with their mistakes and imperfections, when they start to love each other, don't try to change their partner and are open in their communication. There is no such thing as being better than someone else. There is no such thing as a completely perfect person, therefore, in some sense every person is perfect and beautiful.
The path to healthy self-esteem is a long path, and it certainly isn't based on comparing one to another, on a race to be a better person than someone else. What does it mean to be good enough? Or ask yourself: What would make me good enough? What properties do I have to carry to be good enough for someone? The answer to this question doesn't exist - no loving person could ever perceive another as not good enough.
Best way of achieving healthy self-confidence begins with understanding that your worth does not lie in the perception of others, rather in yourself. The first step is striving to build a healthy relationship with yourself. After that, healthy relationships with others can follow, and trying to achieve only one of these two is not the right thing to do.
Plant a seed inside yourself and harvest a beautiful tree from others.

Now, with the distortion of beauty and love caused by social media, it's a bit harder to achieve self-love and self-acceptance. I understand that. And alongside the inner critic - the inner voice that is in every one of us, it's easy to strive to be a perfect person, liked by everyone, often with negative self-talk. But you can't win this fight - only overcome it.

The seed that I mentioned before - it can take a whole life to grow into a tree. But the breath-taking sight at that forest can
't be compared to anything else.

But an amazing person isn't the one who fulfilled meaningless and irrational expectations of other people, became popular, stands at the top of the hill and wears a crown. An amazing person is the one who overcame the need to be perfect and popular, keeps an open and honest relationship with himself and others, stands at the top of the mountain and still doesn't consider himself a king.

The information, or the guide to being this awesome person is inside of you. It's hard to achieve and even harder to preserve - but the good news is that you are with yourself all the time, and there's no need to hurry from yourself. At the end of the day, expectations should not be put on others, just as they should not be put on ourselves. You don't need good luck for this path - this path creates good luck.

What the best therapy can do for you is letting you help yourself. Yes, therapy helps greatly, but the purpose of this help is to help others in helping themselves. That is a great way of realizing your self-worth - in some sense, you are the most important thing you have. Without yourself, your world would not exist. You carry a whole world inside of you - all the beauty, all the great things. That means that you are an awesome person that the world can't do without. Therefore, you must be good enough. heart

kindLemonade July 16th, 2021
@Matej45678

Hello Matej, I can see that you have put in many thoughts and kind wishes into writing this. It was a heartfelt read - relatable, well-constructed and you've also successfully incorporated all the 30 keywords too.

Well done!

"Plant a seed inside yourself and harvest a beautiful tree from others."
I love this sentence, thank you for sharing them. This is a beautiful analogy and I will keep it in mind for reflections heart
Matej45678 July 17th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Thank you kindly for your feedback, it means a lot to me. heart