Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

šŸ“š Books for Wellbeing

SoulfullyAButterfly September 9th

845eb30e-1489-468f-9b15-f8cce9dbefdb_1725914607.jpg

Recommend a book that has positively impacted your wellbeing journey. What did you learn from it?

CaringEzra September 9th

@SoulfullyAButterflyĀ 

One book that has greatly impacted my wellness, is the book of joy.

I learned about the 8 pillars of joy Perspective, humility, humor, acceptance, forgiveness, gratitude, compassion and generosity.Ā 

I also learned how suffering is an inevitable part of life, we all suffer. but through that suffering can come growth and resilience.Ā 

I also learn many other things!Ā 

I absolutely love this book and both Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond tutu. Truly recommend to everyone its both insightful and a joyful read!!Ā 

Phoenix1234theythem September 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Its sort of for 9-12 yr olds but a book that impacted my wellbeing positively was Moonflower, itā€™s a lovely book so diverse in characters which is great and I could see myself in the main characterā¤ļøtalks about mental health in children/teens, queer youth etc :)

Phoenixthepoised September 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The book that comes to my mind immediately isĀ ā€œA Man Called Oveā€ by Fredrik Backman. ItĀ tells the story of a grumpy old man whose life takes a turn when new neighbors move in next door. Despite his initial resistance, Ove finds himself drawn into their lives and through thisĀ unexpected connection, he discovers the healing power of relationships/community and compassion to name a few.

So I believe for anyone working on their own well-being, Oveā€™s journey shows theĀ importance of relationshipsĀ and how opening up to others can lead to profound personal growth and happiness.

jesusredeemedme2425 September 11th

@Phoenixthepoised

I've watched the movie but never read the book. What are your thoughts on the two? Which one is better, etc? <3

Purrfectkitten September 10th

One book the positively impacted my well-being journey was say no to depression it talked about what it is and how you can make it less severe

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Ooh definitely the Atomic Habits by James Clear.

I love how the book contains not just theoretical information, rather encourages one to practically apply the knowledge and become better at recognizing the habits that don't benefit them as well as to make and commit to the habits that do.šŸŒž

LoneWolf91 September 10th

Humankind: A Hopeful History - reframes history to highlight how humans can be inherently kind <3

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - if you're looking for some lighthearted escapism. It's really funny.

CouragousDragon0742 September 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I just love reading by itself, you know? It doens't have to be a specific book to make mee feel better, jst one that takes me into a different exciting world, so that I'll forget my worries.

One of them is: Book Love by Debbie Tung - It's a love declaration to books with little cute drawingy and mot so much storie. But I felt really light hearted while reading it. Recommendations to everyone who truely loves books! ^^

Aayla September 10th
@SoulfullyAButterfly as a member of the LGBT community, I read a great book in Italian about the history of the LGBT community a few years back that made me feel a greater sense of connection and better understanding of the community and our history. The title translates "Queer: cultural history of the LGBT community" by Maya De Leo
exuberantBlackberry9105 September 11th

@SoulfullyAButterfly Okay, I'm being really childish here. Most of what I've read so far are Enid Blyton books. I hope it's okay to speak of them in general and not refer to any specific books.

I know on the surface most of these books are just fun adventure tales, but I find that in some (of course not all) books, there are a lot of difficult situations that the children go through, and I can relate to many of the emotions they feel. What I've learnt is that no matter how tough the situation gets, those kids never lose hope, always manage to sneak in at least some fun, and usually find a way out too.

Not directly, but in a way, these stories have impacted my wellbeing by making me laugh really hard with those funny moments. Also, the manner of writing, and the mostly natural settings, bring me some sort of comfort. I know I can't always be hopeful and be able to find the fun in everything I deal with, but it's nice seeing those characters do that and it just is kinda encouraging.

Wow, now having written this down, I feel like I should probably start reading again, I haven't been reading much in the past year or so...

What does Enid Blyton write? I wonder if Iā€™ve read them too. <3

@jesusredeemedme2425 I think there's quite a bit of a chance you would've read them at some point. I mean, it's still pretty common among children. Oh, she mostly wrote fictional adventure and mystery books and short stories and some poems too, I believe.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but this book here has taught me so much. Definitely an eye opener for me even when I want to be in denial.Ā 

20240912-073817_1726141259.jpg

You should definitely give some spoilers heheā€¦ Might help people <3

One look that greatly helped with my depression was

we are all so good at smiling .

it was a very funny fantasy twist on depression and it really helped me a lot

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I recommend the book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" byĀ Stephen Covey.

It was a game changer, and helped me a ton on my wellbeing by providing deep insights.

Extremely interesting book, also with practical tips.

A very well structure piece of content, with loads of things to learn and grow.

ClaraRoseDreamer 3 days ago

@SoulfullyAButterfly

How to Stop Time by Matt Haig - This book helped me to appreciate the little things, and notice the presentĀ šŸ˜Š