Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety Buddy System!

fuzzyLemon August 11th, 2022

Hi All!

This is a thread to find a buddy as we navigate anxiety! You will set goals (little ones) with each other and check in as often as you like! Offering support to each other, encouraging and motivating each other and celebrating too!

Please post what you're looking for in a buddy or reply to someone else's post 🥰 After that you could make your own thread e.g. Fox and Bob's Buddy Thread where you can post to each other!

I hope that all makes sense and you're excited to find a buddy, I know I am!

🍋

fuzzyLemon OP August 11th, 2022

I'm struggling with social anxiety right now and I'm actively working towards recovery.

I'd love someone who can cheer me on when things feel hard and who can celebrate with me when we reach some of our goals or take steps towards them!

A person who can appreciate the little things and understand that mental health recovery is a long journey and not a race!

Anyone out there having trouble with any social anxiety/phobias? Need encouragement to do some exposure therapy? Want reminders to practice CBT or self care skills often?

Please, reply, let's be buddies!

Daydreamer47 March 22nd, 2023

@fuzzyLemon I am interested in being your buddy. I also struggle with social anxiety and loneliness. Would like to work on connecting with others, opening up to people, and asking questions/for help with things I don't know how to do.

HealingTalk September 14th, 2022

@fuzzyLemon

This is a great idea, I fully endorse it.

I recently made a post about the value of the "Buddy System", in the Depression Support SubCommunity HERE

A Buddy can help us build useful habits to deal with Anxiety, like regular exercise, a good sleep routine, eating healthy food, socializing, practicing a hobby, etc. And support each other in many other ways.

It's important to note that we don't need necessarily that our Buddy has the same goal as us. Buddies might support each other for building different habits. I might be willing to establish daily journalling and a regular yoga routine , and you, running 3 times a week and drawing a sketch per day. And we can support each other by mutually checking on how we are doing with our respective goals.

I find it a wonderful idea to have a Buddy Program for Anxiety Support. I fully endorse it. I made this thread "Featured Thread" so all the community gets to see it.

I encourage all Anxiety Support SubCommunity members to give it a try by posting in this thread your search for a Buddy.

For example "I am looking for a buddy to build healthy practices for dealing with Anxiety. I am trying to establish an exercise routine, daily journaling and socializing more".

And answering "Hey, I like that. I wish to get a better sleep routine and eat healthier. We can help each other to achieve our goals. If it's ok for you, let's create a new thread for both of us in this same Forum (Anxiety Support Resources) HERE"

Note: We could create a new Forum for a Buddy Program if enough people join. At this moment the creation of new Forums is on hold until the ongoing Communities restructuring is completed.

Please answer in this thread to @fuzzyLemon (first post at the top, HERE ) what you think of this idea, or directly post your search for a Buddy by pressing the "Post to Thread" button at the bottom.

Good luck to all with this project!

September 14th, 2022

Great idea

compassionateCar7091 September 15th, 2022

I would love to have a buddy

proactiveTree2720 September 19th, 2022

I'm dealing with triggers that bring up anxiety. I would like to have a buddy who is willing to listen to me vent, and provide insight on how to get some closure with what happened.

I'm willing to listen to someone vent about their struggles, even if I'm not able to fully empathize or give good advice.

If you want to be my buddy reply to this post!

inthequeue March 25th, 2023

@proactiveTree2720 hey, if you haven't found a buddy yet, I'd like to volunteer.

powerfulBalloon7146 September 27th, 2022

I am struggling with anxiety and how to shy away from the toxic comfort zone I've made because of it. I'd like a buddy where we can both vent to each other and help each other with our personal goals. For example, I would like to start Journaling, exercising consistently, setting boundaries, etc.

If you'd like to be my buddy, please reply to this post. :)

Booklady January 24th, 2023

@powerfulBalloon7146

If you don't have a buddy yet, I'm volunteering if you're interested. I've had anxiety since childhood. I cope by exercising regularly (I love to walk in a local park system where I also volunteer). I also do Journaling, and I've gotten better at setting boundaries. It wasn't easy for me at first. If you're not interested, I hope you find a buddy. Support helps. Knowing someone else has the same issues helps.

Farrah17 September 27th, 2022

sounds good is the 'Buddy' a listener or someone with the same issues member etc ? I hope its ok to ask

I can't set goals at the moment as its too much for me so it wouldn't be for them then

K87 March 13th, 2023

@fuzzyLemon

Is this still available?

BelovedMe March 15th, 2023

@fuzzyLemon This sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm interested in finding a buddy to navigate anxiety with. I'm looking for someone who is supportive, encouraging, and willing to set and achieve small goals together.

K87 March 19th, 2023

@BelovedMe

Hi, I'm basically looking for the same thing

K87 March 24th, 2023

@BelovedMe

Have u found a buddy yet?

BelovedMe March 24th, 2023

@K87 Nope, Still searching for that Bright Buddy 🍁

K87 March 24th, 2023

@BelovedMe

Would u maybe want to be my buddy?

BelovedMe March 24th, 2023

☺️@K87 My pleasure ,yes K87 Buddy

Ashley2508 March 21st, 2023

Hey, I’m looking for a buddy. I would like to be able to share accomplishments between each other, big and small. I would like to be able to randomly check in on each other and motivate each other to complete goals. I would like to be able to share our struggles and offer support if we can. I would prefer someone closer to my age so under 18 because I would be kinda uncomfortable with having an adult as my buddy. I also feel like we will be able to relate more with someone my age. Lemme know if anyone wants to be my buddy.

Kota10bear March 24th, 2023

@Ashley2508 I’ll be your buddy

Ashley2508 March 26th, 2023

@Kota10bear Hey, I’m so sorry for the late reply. I’ve been trying to catch up in school. I would love for you to be my buddy!

Kota10bear September 7th, 2023

@Ashley2508 Sorry for the late response but yeah I’d love to be your buddy

Daydreamer47 March 23rd, 2023

Hello, I have social anxiety/some general anxiety. Would like a buddy to chat with about social anxiety, feeling lonely, and chosen family/building new connections. Looking mostly to listen/validate each others' feelings supportively and encourage each other to take baby steps. :)

K87 March 24th, 2023

@Daydreamer47

I would like to be ur buddy if u haven't found anyone yet

Daydreamer47 March 24th, 2023

@K87 Okay I will try to tag you in a separate Anxiety community forum

KeiBnC March 24th, 2023

Struggling to manage the anxiety from a relationship betrayal. Love someone who would be able to allow me to vent, and support me (in times of sadness or decision making), and of course, would love to be able to work out some goals tgt to help make the relationship better.

I would love for it to be two ways too! If you require any support system!

Over 18 please!

laumarie6 March 24th, 2023
@fuzzyLemon I think this is a great idea! I'm interested in finding a buddy. I struggle with anxiety and depression that escalated in 2019, when my sister died, and I am still grieving her. I am on regular meds for depression and occasionally for anxiety (when I can't control it anymore).

I'd love to have a buddy who I can vent with and who trusts me to vent as well, someone to share our struggles and triggers but also small and big victories. We can cheer each other up to reach our personal goals and be sad together if that's what we need.

sophia1978 March 25th, 2023

Hi fuzzyLemon,

It's great to see that you're taking the initiative to create a buddy system for people struggling with anxiety. It's always helpful to have someone who can offer support and encouragement during challenging times. I'm glad to see that others in the forum are interested in finding buddies to navigate their own struggles with anxiety.

It's important to remember that recovery is a journey, not a race. It's okay to take baby steps and work towards small goals. It's also important to celebrate those achievements along the way.

I hope that everyone in the forum is able to find the buddy they're looking for, and that they can support each other in achieving their personal goals. Remember to be kind and patient with yourselves, and to celebrate the little victories along the way.

Best of luck to you all!

Daydreamer47 March 25th, 2023

Hello, apparently we can only match with other members, so I am still looking for a member buddy to chat about social anxiety, anxiety, and loneliness. Preferably low commitment as I am in school. Looking for emotional support but also keeping things positive/working towards taking steps so things aren't too heavy or graphic. Thanks

norabell March 26th, 2023

@Daydreamer47

Hi, I’m also struggling with social anxiety. Wanna be buddies?

Daydreamer47 March 26th, 2023

@norabell Hi Nora, I tagged you in a separate anxiety chat. Thanks.

coco128 September 13th, 2023

This is such a sweet idea :)

Disneywoman September 27th, 2023

the only time I will need a buddy is for the next time my parent(s) are out or Dad is being a rude *** person