Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #15: What is your biggest fear?

ASilentObserver August 22nd, 2023

Hello everyone, I hope you are all being easy on yourself this week.

Last week we discussed: How do you ensure a good night's sleep despite the anxiety? Thank you to all who participated and shared their thoughts for discussion. I enjoyed them. I hope you all did too. If you didn't share yours, please share them here and I look forward to reading and discussing them with you.

This week's prompt: What is your biggest fear? Describe it in as much detail as possible. What triggers this fear? How does it make you feel?

This week I want us to reflect and explore this topic that can help us understand and deal with our biggest fears. Let's get started and all thoughts are welcomed!

Join us in the Anxiety Support Chat every Monday and Tuesday!

how-are-you-how-you-doin.gif

Buzzingbeezon August 22nd, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Hmm… im not sure if it's the biggest, but maybe one of the biggest… Evanescence? (not the singer 🙂) I mean, passing. It feels like I cannot grasp the moment and truly enjoy what I have because I constantly fear I'm gonna lose it sooner or later. It also has this effect that everything seems meaningless since it will soon be gone. I have trouble making plans, and anticipating the future, since all I see there is losing someone or something

ASilentObserver OP August 22nd, 2023

@Buzzingbeezon Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like the impermanence of life is weighing heavily on your mind and making it difficult to enjoy the present moment. You're not alone in grappling with these big questions. We are all here with you to listen and to support.

philosophicalBunny9283 September 7th, 2023

@Buzzingbeezon I had this for many many many years as well. I look at it like. Grief is the price we pay for love. Like example if you have lost someone or something you love. You will grieve for them. But would you rather not of had them in your life? Or would you grieve them a million times over because the love was so worth it? Everything will pass. Its part of life. The trick is to make the absolute most of every single second you possibly can. Enjoy the love whilst they are here. Grief is just simply love with nowhere to go. The skin suit may die. But the love. That last will remain and yes it hurts and its awful but totally totally worth it. Xx

Buzzingbeezon September 8th, 2023

@philosophicalBunny9283

Thank you for your thoughts. I see your point; and I totally agree about love. That’s something that makes it all wortwhile.

But it makes it also painful, knowing that you’ll lose what you love. So grief and love goes hand in hand in my case.

But it is nice to hear that you have overcome it. Maybe I’ll find the way too. I got a tendency for contemplating such existential things, so maybe I’ll get somewhere... Not too dark, hopefully 😅

coco128 September 13th, 2023

so true

I see what you mean… that’s something I’ve never really thought about, but it really makes me think when I read your comment. Thank you for sharing with us!

WinterRose9 August 22nd, 2023

My biggest fear right now would be that im not doing enough for my toddler even though i do what i can.

@PhoenixButterfly97 It sounds like you care deeply about doing your best for your toddler. Reflecting on how to be there fully for your little one can bring up feelings of uncertainty. Focusing so much on their needs can bring up feelings of worry. What matters most to your toddler is feeling your love and support. What usually brings you joy in your time together?

WinterRose9 August 22nd, 2023

What usually brings joy during our quality time together is going to the park, taking to a museum/aquarium, watching her dance and sing. Sometimes i just tear up and pray that I'm doing it right.

ASilentObserver OP August 23rd, 2023

@PhoenixButterfly97 It sounds like you find joy in creating special moments and quality time with your loved one. Those activities you described, like going to the park or museum, seem like wonderful ways to connect.

philosophicalBunny9283 September 7th, 2023

@PhoenixButterfly97

Its mom guilt. Even the best mom's have it lol. Ur doing fab give urself a break. The very fact u worry means ur an amazing mama xx

Thank you for sharing! You’re doing great, sending you positivity ❤️❤️

Lake61 August 22nd, 2023

My biggest fear is wasting my life away on stuff that does not matter. I went to school to be a teacher, I’m in a manufacturing job right now. I like this more because I get paid more and I have more time to myself. I also don’t take work home. Am I in the wrong for choosing this? I worked for a long time to be a teacher and now I’m not. Am I wasting my life if I’m not a teacher? I don’t know what to do anymore.

@Lake61 It sounds like you've been weighing this decision over your career and what feels right for your life. Your happiness and well-being are so important. You've clearly given this deep thought and care about making the choice that's best for you. You care deeply about making choices that feel right for you, and that self-awareness will serve you well in the long run.

thoughtfulmomma August 22nd, 2023

Biggest fear - death of a child.

@thoughtfulmomma That is understandably a difficult fear to hold. Losing a child must feel unimaginably painful. What feelings arise in you when thinking of that? We are all here with you to listen to and to support <3

Tinywhisper11 August 23rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver hii ❤ I have two 1st one is hairy scarys.. I'm terrified of those little spiders 😱😱😱😱

But my biggest fear is anger. I get so scared and nervous around any sort of conflicts. And I if I even think I made someone angry, I start shaking and crying. I will do anything I can to avoid any kinds of anger from people

@Tinywhisper11

Thank you for sharing your fears. It sounds like conflicts can bring up a lot of difficult emotions for you. You're not alone in finding certain things scary, and in wanting to avoid anger from others. What kinds of things help you feel safer when those fears arise?

Tinywhisper11 August 23rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver so far the only thing that really helps us to hide under my big blanket and cry. Noone can get to me if I'm under my blanket It probably sounds silly but it works

@Tinywhisper11 It's not silly at all to find comfort under your blanket. Finding ways to feel safe during difficult times is very important. We are all here with you to listen to and to support <3

Tinywhisper11 August 24th, 2023

@ASilentObserver thanks sweetie ❤

tae0was0here August 23rd, 2023

My biggest fear is that I won't ever get as far as I want in life and that I'll never truly be happy and that I'll never be good enough for myself.

@tae0was0here Thank you for sharing your fears with me. It can feel difficult to live with uncertainty about the future and doubts about ourselves. What kinds of things in your life currently make you feel most proud of how far you've come?

tae0was0here August 23rd, 2023

The fact that I'm still here, maybe? I'm not sure lol

@tae0was0here yeah for sure !I am glad you are here with us and taking your small steps. Each step counts! <3

I understand how that feels.. I’m sure you will do so many great things in life. I believe in you! But I also understand that fear. Sending you love and hope and wishing you an amazing day!

dynamicCoconut851 August 23rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver HI.. so ik this is not normal but I start to shivering when 4 to 5 ppl scream at me at once... I've actually been put in such a situation before by my family.. in which they held me and all of them were screaming.. I told them to stop but they didn't.. nd that time I started to shiver but nowadays I'm shivering even if someone screams.. idk why this happens.. but I remember all these moments all of a sudden and suddenly go blank

@dynamicCoconut851 Thank you for sharing this vulnerable experience. It sounds very distressing to have been in a situation where multiple people were screaming at you without stopping. Our memories can sometimes take us by surprise with strong feelings from past events. You are not alone in your experience, and it's courageous of you to seek understanding. How are you feeling in the present after recalling that memory?

GoldenRuleJG August 23rd, 2023

trigger warning

• Not trying at all

-Biggest fear threats to risk and ignoring of crisis support/non-crisis support

• no balance in dynamics of interaction
ASilentObserver OP August 24th, 2023

@GoldenRuleJG Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. It sounds like facing threats and a lack of support has been difficult and unbalancing. We are all here with you to listen to and to support

GoldenRuleJG August 24th, 2023

Thank you! Thank you - I’m not in these situations anymore @ASilentObserver. Just examples from the past I’ve been though - yes it has been when it’s happened - we can feel a massive responsibility .

• no balance in dynamics of interaction (I think I worry about this when a member shows great dependency when we want to encourage assertiveness or when a member is looking for a fix we want them to show we aren’t the ruler of their life ).
ASilentObserver OP August 24th, 2023

@GoldenRuleJG Thank you for sharing your experiences and concerns. It sounds like issues of dependency and assertiveness come up in your interactions, and finding the right balance can be challenging.

pinkSummer4581 August 24th, 2023

Losing another job, unable to support myself financially, being closed off to people

ASilentObserver OP August 25th, 2023

@pinkSummer4581 It sounds like financial stability and relationships are heavy on your mind right now. Losing a job can stir up feelings of uncertainty and worry. You mentioned being closed off to people - is there anyone you feel comfortable opening up to when you're feeling this way? You're not alone in your struggles. We are all here with you <3

calmmoon2104 August 24th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

My biggest fear? My ocd intrusive thoughts coming true and failure. I can't even think about it..

I am feeling 😐 at the moment

@calmmoon2104 Thank you for sharing your fears and how you've been feeling. It can be really hard to live with intrusive thoughts and worries about failure. You're not alone in facing challenges with your mental health. What helps you manage or cope on difficult days?

calmmoon2104 August 25th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Thank you observer, music and reading books sometimes helps, but I try to take a nap to just shut off the world.

compassionateFriend6011 August 24th, 2023

My biggest fear is being alone. I fear that if my husband ever did decide to leave me, that I would be alone. Insecurities trigger this fear. It makes me fee insecure and scared.

@compassionateFriend6011 I understand this fear must feel difficult to experience. Being alone can trigger feelings of insecurity for many. You're not alone in having insecurities at times, it's part of being human. Know that you have strength inside to face what comes, as you always have. What thoughts tend to come up that strengthen this fear?

neatBlueberry5213 August 25th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Falling into old, unhealthy patterns. I go through a period of healing and growing only to find I haven't made as much progress as I originally thought.