Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New To The Anxiety Support Community? Introduce Yourself Here!

Laura November 29th, 2014

Let us know more about you, what brings you to 7 Cups! We are glad you are here!

safeandsoundta April 15th, 2016

@ambitiousPenny Hello! Welcome to the positive, supportive, and helpful community that is seven cups. Two things that would be beneficial for you are positive affirmations and a gratitude journal. For positive affirmations, look in the mirror when you first wake up, and tell yourself positive things. It can be something like "I'm going to get through this," "I have such nice hair," or even "I'm so dedicated towards school/work, etc." The Gratitude Journal isn't difficult to get started on. You can post it on your feed or do it as one of your steps to get a full cup. Get something to write or type on. Every day, write down threr things you're grateful for. The power of gratitude is incredible. For the past two years, a gratitude journal has really opened my eyes and made me more grateful. Best of luck to you here and anywhere else where you reach out for help! :)

reliableApple5869 March 27th, 2016

@Laura

Hey everyone. I'm currently a junior in high school and I've had anxitey since sixth grade. Its been rough to say the least. I can't make any friends, never have friends, and most of the time I'm too afraid to even leave my house. My family kind of sucks and they're no help. I used to play in a band and the other people in it became my best friends two years ago. But as all things must come to an end the singer and I started fighting and I quit a couple weeks ago. The drummer and singer were always closer and the drummer lives to far away for us to do anything and he has anxiety too and hates texting and messaging. I don't have anyone to talk to anymore and I feel like there's nothing left for me here. I can never keep friends and can barely even speak to people. I think part of my problem is I never do anything, but I never have anyone to do anything with and I'm too nervous to go out on my own. Just thought I would put this out here I really don't know what do anymore, everything is so pointless.

Mattalack April 15th, 2016

@reliableApple5869 hang in there you will change in time. Keep learning and asking questions. The way you describe yourself is completely normal for an introvert. You are not alone.

modestTown3398 March 30th, 2016

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with Tourette syndrome when I was about 2 years old, as I got older that's when the anxiety, depression & ocd started to kick in. It's usually pretty well controlled with meds but here lately it's just been getting worse & it's honestly taking a lot our of me, mentally & physically. I try to make it through the day for my son with a smile on my face then I came across 7 cups & I'm so glad I did! It's helped so much!

TranquilSkye30 June 30th, 2016

I'm so glad to hear that 7 Cups has helped you!

Tobias158 April 3rd, 2016

Anxiety makes me think that my emotions are not valid

safeandsoundta April 3rd, 2016

Anxiety makes me worry about things that are out of my control. I just need to put in more effort to enjoy life, instead of being so stressed out.

JumpingJade April 4th, 2016

@safeandsoundta I feel the same way. It's hard for me to express myself but you took the words right out of my head.

safeandsoundta April 4th, 2016

@JumpingJade Trying being more patient and diligent. Enjoy the little things. That's really helped me lately!

Mynaameissavage April 3rd, 2016

Hello, my name is Savage. I'm a 28 year old graphic designer, married with a 2 year old boy. I don't know exactly how long I've been dealing with anxiety but it seems like it's been most of my life. It wasn't until this last year that I finally realized it and sought professional help. I'm trying to do better than I did the day before and some days are good and some are bad. I guess that's the struggle of life. I'm hoping to connect to others that have similar struggles to me and am excited for the possibility of finding new ways of coping with it.

Anjali24268 April 5th, 2016

I'm Anjali and 13 years old. I get this thing, mainly at night, where I just start shaking and then crying hysterically. The longest one was for 40minutes. I don't know what to do!! I don't have anyone I can go to for comfort. I can't tell anyone that I'm depressed and that I have anxiety/panic attacks. If anyone, I mean anyone has ways that I can cope with this other than breathing exercises and music, please, please, please tell me. Thank you so so much.

hisindywong April 5th, 2016

@Anjali24268 hi , I understand how u feel, it happen to me , it's been almost 3 weeks now , plus I have emotional numbess toward husband & I am pragant right now , things are like hell... , I totally understand how u feel. At night I will panic and get anxiety and can"t breathe ... And I usually get no sleep... In the morning I will panic again thinking about it and get so tired and just wanna be in bed all day and get nothing done....

KLM3278 April 5th, 2016

@Anjali24268 You sound so brave and smart! That's impressive you're asking questions and wanting help. I struggle with all that to. I have been working with a counselor. Could you try that? They don't have to tell your parents anything you would talk about. It's changed my life!!! Also, I go to church and pray a lot. This helps me a lot to. The other thing is trying to calm down at night. I use a white noise machine, drink tea, and hug my bear. Silly??? Maybe, but it helps!!! Try asking your parents if you could see a counselor. I'll be cheering you on & praying for you!!!

Anjali24268 April 5th, 2016

@KLM3278 Yeah I get exactly what your saying. ☺. I've already tried going to 2 counselors, and each time they went and told my parents. (I was not self harming). I share a room with my brother and my dad gets up at the slightest noise.... I usually drink a cup of warm milk before bed if I have time. Since I don't own my own teddy bear, I hug my mini one that I made in school. 😀 Thank you so much @KLM3278. I appreciate you trying to help me. ☺

KLM3278 April 7th, 2016

@Anjali24268 Well, this site is starting talking with a counselor!!! Try that! I bet could be a big help, and private. Whatever you do, don't stop trying to get help, change, and grow!! You have so many truly cool things ahead for you!! It may not seem like it, but I promise you, you do!!!!! Keep being strong!!!!!! :)

Anjali24268 April 8th, 2016

@KLM3278 I'll try my best. Thank you.

Chellero28 April 6th, 2016

@Anjali24268 I was just diagnosed with GAD and I Hate it! Anxiety sucks I feel awful does it ever go away?

Anjali24268 April 6th, 2016

@Chellero28 I'm really sorry. I wouldn't know. Mine hasn't at least...

Whats GAD? I'm sorry, I'm a really clueless person...

@Anjali24268Generalized Anxiety Disorder and thanku....this sucks 😩

jennifer12012 April 5th, 2016

My name is Jennifer, I'm 20. I started to suffer from anxiety when I joined university, I've always been aware of it but it was never so intense. I found myself feeling faint all the time and getting a huge sense of panic everytime someone tried to speak to me. I now get terrible night terrors and I get spasms where my head just completely fills with worries to the point where it won't shut off and I end up shaking and crying. I'm hoping I can find something on this app that helps me. :)

@jennifer12012 Hello,

Welcome to the 7 Cups community! It's positive, helpful, and supportive here. I know you're going through a lot right now, but I'm so glad you took the first step to reach out for help. It takes a lot to get to that point. I wish you the best of luck.

cutegoats April 5th, 2016

Hi, I'm Bri. I'm 22 and some would say I'm wiser than my years but I consider myself to be quite childish actually. I struggle with major undiagnosed anxiety and depression. It really affects my life and makes it hard to do normal things like make friends or have a job but I try. I over think a lot and I often need someone to talk me down from panicking which is how I found this community. I like it, I'm happy to be here and I hope it can help me. I love goats and think they're cute. I always try to be kind

dorchester83 April 5th, 2016

@cutegoats

Hi Bri, nice to meet you! I'm new here too. I'm from Boston, and our city uses goats on some city land to eat brush... it's called goatscaping. Pretty neat! The goats are adorable and awesome. Hope you're enjoying this community, I've found it to be very supportive! Take care!

cutegoats April 5th, 2016

@dorchester83 goatscaping. That's amazing 😍

Vectoriamarie April 5th, 2016

Hi, my names Vectoria and I have ocd and other disorders but this is the main one that controls my life. I try to stay as clean as humanly possible but I still feel like I smell so bad. I feel so worthless because of this.

KLM3278 April 5th, 2016

@Vectoriamarie You aren't worthless!!! You are fearfully and wonderfully made - you're loved!!! I don't know you but I know you are a Human being! You have great worth!!!!!! :)

I don't know what it's like to struggle with smelling? I'm sorry you feel this way. But your struggle doesn't make you weak and worthless, it shows you are strong!!!!!!!

I'll pray for you!!!

emotionalSugar2173 April 5th, 2016

What's up peeps.Anyone have any tips against anxiety?

@emotionalSugar2173 Mindfulness, meditation. Not focusing on things you can't control but taking steps to change/improve the things you can control. Figure out what works best for you to cope. There's a plethora of coping methods and Google can help you find one(s) that better suit you as an individual. Also, if you cannot get through it alone, it helps to seek out professional help.

Lovepaigedel April 5th, 2016

I'm undiagnosed with anxiety and depression but it seems crazy to me that I never realized that I was mentally ill. I've just been thinking I'm weird and over emotional. I'm stressing about life stuff right now, adult stuff like getting a health card and figuring out my future. My life I'd so unorganized that I have so many steps I have to take before I can seek out a therapist but I want one so bad.

FatiguedStressball April 5th, 2016

My name is May... I'm not sure what to post. Mainly because there's just so much and nothing all at once. I've been fighting this thing for so long. And I'm so tired. I mean I used to love sleep because I never felt anxiety then. But about a month or so ago I started getting these anxiety fueled nightmares. I wake up feeling guilty. I go to sleep feeling panic. I can't find the motivation to do yoga, meditation, white noise therapy. Nothing. I don't want to do anything. But I want to do it all. I'm just so tired. And I honestly think I'm getting worse. How is that even possible? I don't even know what I'm feeling anxious about!

Chellero28 April 5th, 2016

Hi I just got diagnosed with GAD.... It just popped up in my life I have Never felt this way before. I'm nervous all day long...I keep having panic attacks...I'm scared to drive! I feel sooo helpless!!! Can somebody please give me some hope?? I hate this fearful feeling 😩😩😩

Hi.. I was just diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder! It just popped up in my life. I feel awful I'm nervous all day...I'm scared to drive! I had to quit my job! It has just taken over my life in a month!!!! I'm working with a therapist and only drug that works for me is Xanax and the psych wants me to take Zoloft but I'm scared!! I don't know what to do. I feel hopeless I'm always crying and calling hotlines for prayer. I have already had 2 panic attacks which scared me even more!! I have NEVER felt anxiety like this before. Some days I feel fine then the anxiety comes and ruins it! I have kids I can't be going threw this. Does anybody know if this will EVER go away?? Does it decrease as time goes by??

Miracle April 6th, 2016

@Chellero28 if you would like a listener or want to talk please PM me.

@Miraclethanku so much

Megjp April 6th, 2016

My name's Megan...I just turned 15 a few weeks ago. I have anxiety issues in general and lately I've had anxiety attacks and almost every night, I've been having them every night for the last week or so. I've started using 7 cups and it's been helping so maybe this is the start of feeling a bit better

Lilly0708 April 6th, 2016

@Megjp I was the same! Late 14 starting 15 I had been diagnosed with social anxiety and it wasnt easy. I never thought it would be over but it is. Now at a few days from 16 I can say I am anxiety free! PS. I can finally sleep well at night and no more overthinking! Hope you the best!

Got2beok April 6th, 2016

I'm Kelli and I'm 30. I am bipolar and suffer from severe depression and anxiety. Really intense combination. I have been dealing with this since age 11 but it still is not easy. I have learned to identify the signs but struggle with pulling myself out of the stages. I often find myself breaking down especially with all the recent changes in my life. But somehow it always turns out ok. I was reading some of the advise on here. I have found several of the tips helpful. A long walk or drive helps to clear the mind. I personally turn to music for extra comfort. But even those haven't been helping lately.

Konekorain April 7th, 2016

Hey all. I'm Maggie. I've suffered with anxiety and depression most of my life, however, over the years, it's gotten significantly worse. I feel I'm at a breaking point, so I'm reaching out. I'm also a recovering self-harmer and my anxiety and panic attacks make me want to relapse. I'm at my wits end. Hopefully, I'll find the help I need here.

Wooooozy April 7th, 2016

Hi I'm Jewell and I suffer from anxiety and depression . I have so many bad attacks and they're really horrible. During my attacks I cry a lot , shake , my heart is racing , I can't breathe , and I think horrible thoughts and try to think of ways I can kill myself and sometimes I try to attempt them in silly ways. I've tried to kill myself with a pillow , pills , and I thought of jumping out of window or crashing myself . On a daily basis I can never focus and I'm always on edge . I can never be fully relaxed without my heart pounding constantly . It sucks and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to hard to finish my bachelors in IT but everytime I try to study I have so many attacks and then when I fail assignments or tests I freak out even more and I'm so hard on myself and I just want to die . Everything is such a big deal to me . I'm never happy anymore . I just don't know what to do. I hate this feeling so much.

Eman1980 April 7th, 2016

Hello,

I know the feeling all to well of the attacks...I am in college as well and they can hinder your ability to study and learn. You have got to look at the positive in life no matter how small they maybe you have to make em a big part of life. I get very sick and down feeling and these heart palpitations are crazy but I just hope and pray for a better day. We will all see our great days again and stay strong together. There is no need for taking yourself out because honestly it will hurt more to others than yourself. We are all here for you and together we will make it to the brighter side of life. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

@Wooooozy