Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New To The Anxiety Support Community? Introduce Yourself Here!

Laura November 29th, 2014

Let us know more about you, what brings you to 7 Cups! We are glad you are here!

desperateandsad June 18th, 2017

I suffer from extreme panic attacks 7 days a week all through out the day. no one has been able to help me or give meany hope there is an end to it.

enthusiasticMaple2397 June 19th, 2017

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa. I looked into this as a way to destress myself. My biggest cause of anxiety is probably fear of the unknown. Not knowing where my life is going, not knowing that I'll find a person to settle down with, not knowing if I'll have children(because of previous mentioned finding someone), not knowing if I'm making people happy, if people are judging me, etc. it can be as simple as not knowing where exactly I'm meeting a friend 24 hours before I'm going to meet up with them. I definitely think past relationships and trust issues play into this anxiety as well as the constant feeling of needing my mom to approve what is going on in my life so that she isn't frustrated with me type of thing.

proactiveDrum1302 June 21st, 2017

Hi, new to 7cups, not diagnosed with anything but definitely worry a lot about social interactions and have trouble making a decision without overthinking it. Feel lots of shame about most of my decisions and actions, find it hard to let go and just live life without thinking about how I am being perceived. I would describe myself as anxious about all of the above. Still unsure of what I'm feeling and how to deal with or label it. Hope to find some help through sharing.

Ophira97 June 21st, 2017

Hi all! I am totally new to this site and still figuring out how this all works, so I thought I would establish myself somewhere. I have struggled with anxiety ever since I was a little girl, and now that I am in my 20s, I have overcome a lot of it. I still have panic attacks sometimes, especially around the time of finals. I am trying to work on this, but I have a wonderful support group at school (my boyfriend, my friends, my cats!).

Sibbo84 June 21st, 2017

Hi all, this is my first time posting and I've never tried this before but really looking for support.

I've recently had my first panic attack after suffering with anxiety in the past. Since my first one (I ended up in hospital as I thought I was dying...terrifying) I keep having them, although not as extreme.

My issue is that I'm really struggling with the physical symptoms such as feeling unwell all the time, dizzy, achey, short of breath, burning skin etc. I cannot sleep as I'm so worried I'm going to have aseizure or something, I'll sometimes twitch when I'm trying to fall asleep I'm guessing from the tensing and adrenaline.

Im going on holiday in the morning and I feel so poorly and I'm so worried if it happens on the plane.

Im really looking for support on how people manage the physical symptoms or anxiety and panic attacks I suppose...

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanns

Saryn0 June 21st, 2017

My name is Sarah-Lyn or Saryn for short. I have been struggling with anxiety for a very long time. Up until recently I was able to just bury it down and power through it. In 2013 I was living with my unemployed partner and his unemployed father. I covered many of the bills on my own, cleaned, made dinner and organized the home. I was also working at a high stress call center at the same time. I would pick up hours as much as I could to cover the bills but we were about 7k behind. I've never really been comfortable on the phone. I wasn't a social kid growing up so I didn't spend much time on it. I was never okay doing the job but I internalized the responsibility of taking care of my partner and his dad. It was a communications company in the US and they get really touchy about their cable and Internet. I was verbally assaulted on the phone. For the first two years I just kept pushing it down. In November 2015 my grandfather passed away. I was never particularly close and we butted heads often but it was my first immediate family loss. It served as a catalyst. I began having panic attacks on the way to work. At first it was just hyperventilating but soon it was severe chest pains, uncontrollable tears, rocking back and forth. Over time they got more severe and lengthy. In August 2016 I blacked out and was taken to the hospital. I was placed on a short term medical leave for one month each month it was extended until December. My benefits had expired and I had to sign up for social assistance to continue my therapy. I have a psychologist but it's expensive to pay for him on social assistance. I see him once a month and it's very helpful albeit difficult. I've had to relive some very traumatic experiences. I joined seven cups to have someone to talk to in between the meetings so I don't have a chance to repress everything again. Um..oh wow didn't mean to write so much but yeah that's me.blush

~Saryn

lavenderWater538 June 21st, 2017

How to overcome anxiety ?????

intuitiveLion9985 June 21st, 2017

Hello I am new here. I suffer from OCD and concurrent depression. I now want to live my life free of my OCD compulsions that do nothing to reduce the anxiety. It has been so bad that I have tried to kill myself and I have beenm in a mental hospital. Any tips, support welcome. I want to help others too.

Jenhal June 22nd, 2017

Hi, I have not been diagnosed but I am socially anxious and hate spending time with people that aren't my close friends. I feel really weird even writing this because I'm so scared I will be judged, even though I know realistically I'm probably not. Only my close friends believe I have a problem because I act so confident. My end goal is to be able to have a normal day with feeling like an annoyance or feeling embarrassed, good luck to everyone trying to overcome a problem

Fayejin0 June 22nd, 2017

Hello, I'm new here - just joined today! I've never been formally diagnosed, but I've experienced what I would described as anxiety and panic attacks ever since losing both my parents to sudden death about five years apart from each other. I'm happy to be a part of this community and hope I can find some peace of mind here.

Robin001 June 24th, 2017

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Robin and I'm 46 years old. I'm a professor at a university. I've never really thought I had anxiety until this past year with a bunch of things with work and my marriage all smacking me at once. I have dealth with depression in the past - although I guess they do sort of go hand in hand in many cases.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

-Robin

tryingmybest7 June 25th, 2017

@Robin001 Hi! Nice too meet you! Welcome to the community!

Faithiskey June 29th, 2017

@Robin001 heyy nice that youve joined our community 💘.

piratebutterfly June 26th, 2017

Hi! Been dealing with anxiety for about 16 years now and depression for about 6. Never been diagnosed, but kind of hard not to catch on to the panic attacks and depression spirals.

Anyway, I've been feeling really helpless lately, but am trying to make a positive change. I'm hoping that 7cups will help me figure some stuff out and give me a community that I don't feel guilty talking to about the stress in my life.

I think this is a positive step for me and hope to help you all as well.

staythatway June 26th, 2017

Hello everyone. I have been through many obstacles in the last two years, following a car accident. I am slowly making progress and reaching out for more support, including joining this community. I look forward to talking with others, finding new ways to work through anxiety.

DiamondHeart1014 June 27th, 2017

Hi everyone. I have severe anxiety and i am unsure if i have depression, though i think i do. My family life is also very stressful, which worsens my anxiety. Im just looking for some people who can help me through. I also hope that I might be able to help others that are dealing with similar situations.

EveryLilhelps June 27th, 2017

Hey there

im Eliza

alot has happened in the last few years and im not sure how to get help so i came here im happy to be part of 7cups

thats all umm bye

tryingmybest7 June 27th, 2017

@EveryLilhelps Welcome!

June 29th, 2017

I have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks - two weeks ago in fact. My relationship of one year and a half broke down 8 weeks ago - due to abnormal behaviours he said. This was in fact the diagnosis I recieved. We both did not understand what was going on with me. I would be happy during the day - getting through work but would be anxious around colleagues and friends. At home, with him I would be quiet and closed off as I was exhausted. He experienced several of my panic attacks of which during them I would leave the room and sometimes the building, a couple of times with a suitcase, as I was running away from the thoughts in my head of not being good enough for him. I was constantly rejecting him without reliasing. He has said that I have made him unhappy. I didn't realise that I was suffering with the thoughts in my head. I couldn't seem to break free from them. I now feel completely worthless, immature and guilty.

Jpcampbell June 30th, 2017

Hi.... I have just joined and I am looking for some support to help me with anxiety and bipolar depression.

KLM3278 July 1st, 2017

@Jpcampbell

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. People are very nice and supportive here. It's great you have come here. I came thinking no one would care about me. I was wrong. I'm cared about and encouraged a lot! I know you will be to! So Hi! :)

Crazykat1984 July 9th, 2017

@Jpcampbell

Hi I also have depression and anxiety, along with C-PTSD. You are not alone!

cosmicAmateur25 June 30th, 2017

Hey, I just joined today too, school's over for the week for me but I still feel super anxious. Was going to go out but decided not to...

KLM3278 July 1st, 2017

@cosmicAmateur25

Welcome here to 7 Cups. It's a real great place. Sorry about your anxiety. I have that to. I stay in a lot ... but, I also go out now a lot more than I used to. Here is a HUG to encourage you and to say HI!

stydia July 1st, 2017

I've had this account but not signed in for a few months. I've found my anxiety to be at its highest point in my life and I want to do something about it, and I want to feel less like a freak. I wonder if some people experience the same social issues and nervousness that I do.

Sairita July 5th, 2017

Hi @stydia

I think lots of people suffer from different types of anxiety and social anxiety and phobias. I know in my case I've gotten better at covering and masking and adapting over the years, but when I was a young child, I was almost completely non-verbal with strangers. I'm sure you will find plenty of people here who can empathise with your situation.

WandereringCat2017 July 1st, 2017

Hi

I suffer from anxiety and I tend to struggle in social situations and freeze up if I feel I have done something wrong. I am also prone to feeling like a failure and a massive disappointment sometimes due to issues with my life, past and present.

I am currently receiving help for my anxiety and I have found 7cups a few days ago and so far has been good, I am finding the discussions in the chat rooms very helpful and everyone has been pretty friendly so far.

I'll be sticking around, I hope things will work out more and more.

Sairita July 5th, 2017

Hi @WandereringCat2017

Welcome to 7 Cups. I hope you will find the support that you need from this community. Have you also checked out some of the self-help guides available? I've found some of these to be quite helpful to me.

Hopefilledoctapus200 July 1st, 2017

Hello I'm new to seven cups and need some friends that understand anxiety

KLM3278 July 2nd, 2017

@Hopefilledoctapus200

Hi. I can relate.

Gpeach323 July 3rd, 2017

@Hopefilledoctapus200 Hi! It is hard for my friends and family to relate to anxiety. Unless you live with it, you don't really understand how it can take over your life.

sierralocket July 2nd, 2017

Hello Everyone! I have just joined so I thought I should introduce myself.. My name is Gabrielle. I suffer from both aniety and depression, but I have a good heart and offer nothing but love, respect, and kindness to those who seek my help. I'm so glad to be a part of this beautiful online community. heart

Zachi2 July 2nd, 2017

Hello. My name is Zach. I dont have continuous anxiety, but more so spurts of anxiety and basically leave my in a confused and worried state since I like to think I have good emotional managment.

Gpeach323 July 3rd, 2017

Hey everyone! My anxiety involves driving on the highway. I get panic attacks when driving which makes me think I am unable to drive. I have to drive on the interstate this week, which I haven't done in a very long time. I am starting to get very anxious.

sympatheticSpring2319 July 3rd, 2017

Hello, I'm new here. I'm a 25 year old who's life is controlled by anxiety. I would like to meet people who understand and can relate.

Ty3393 July 3rd, 2017

Hi, um I have mild anxiety that's beginning to prohibit me from getting out of the house and interacting with others and going to work, so I've decided that I want to get help where I can (and right now that isn't an irl therapist). I've only been here about a week but so far I adore this site and the community

PapayaPie217123803 July 4th, 2017

Hi, I just got 7 cups and i'm just looking for people who are willing to talk and listen and i'm hoping that I can find that here :)

sociableMap1982 July 4th, 2017

hi guys, i wish a wonderful week and a lot of peace in your minds and bodies.. i suffer from borderline personality disorder and i have had anxiety issues as well as major depression.

Sairita July 5th, 2017

Hi, I've been a listener at 7 Cups for well over a year now, but I'm just starting the internship program now. For the internship, I've started to engage in the more 'social' areas of this site, even though I feel much more comfortable in one-on-one chats.

I have struggled with anxiety and social anxiety throughout my life, and only recently realised that it is likely closely tied to being autistic, but I was never diagnosed. (I've only self-DX'ed so far, but I've decided I will pursue a formal diagnosis soon.)

Alexyel July 5th, 2017

Hi, I'm Alexy, nice to meet y'all!

I only got 7 cups today and I'm hoping it Will help me, I have really severe GAD (general anxiety disorder) and depression